|Real name:||Victor Zsasz|
Base of Operations:
|Height:||5 ft 8 inches / 1.73 meters|
|First Appearance:||Batman: Shadow of the Bat #1 (June 1992)|
- "I'm just thinking about the one that got away. The one I chose. I needed the mark. I want the mark!"
- ―Victor Zsasz[src]
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Road to Arkham IncidentEdit
Before The Joker's takeover of the asylum, Zsasz escaped Arkham and kidnapped Dr. Sarah Cassidy. He brought her to Old County Hospital, where he planned to "liberate" her. Batman, however, managed to track the killer down and stopped him, thus saving Cassidy's life. Zsasz was put back in Arkham Asylum, just in time for The Joker's arrival.
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
- "If I see anything that looks even a little bit like a bat and this guard dies. DO YOU HEAR ME?"
- ―Zsasz after he kidnaps Mike
During the Joker's takeover of Arkham, Zsasz was let loose from his cell in the Intensive Treatment Center. Running free, he encountered two Arkham security guards in the Patient Pacification Chamber. After killing one guard who tried to stop him, he took hold of another guard named Mike, and strapped him to an electric chair.
A third guard, Zach Franklin, came across Zsasz, and sounded the alarm, requesting backup on the radio. At least three more guards responded to the alarm and arrived with Dr. Gretchen Whistler, Zsasz's personal therapist. He warned that he would kill Mike if he saw "anything that looked even a little bit like a bat" getting too close whilst the guards attempted to talk him down. Zach Franklin and another guard stood barred at the entryway to the Pacification area, but were able to see Zsasz pacing behind his hostage in the electroshock chair. Franklin tried to call for more backup in the Processing Corridor in dealing with the hostage situation, but found no answer on the radio, as most of the other guards in the vicinity had been murdered by the Joker after his escape through the area.
A surviving guard, Eddie Burlow, picked up the call near the door to the Decontamination Chamber but was unable to respond. He directed Batman to the Patient Pacification Chamber. Batman arrived on the scene and met Zach Franklin, who informed him of the situation. Batman used the chamber balcony and grappled behind Zsasz on the gargoyles that lined the top of the room. He snuck up on Zsasz, taking him out and leaving him back in the care of Dr. Whistler and the Arkham staff. He warned Dr. Whistler that it would take much time before Zsasz could be cured, if he could be cured at all. Soon after, Harley Quinn trapped the Arkham staff in the Pacification Chamber. One of the security personnel covered Zsasz with his shotgun to prevent any escape.
But yet Mr. Zsasz somehow escaped once again, killing three security guards above the Penitentiary in Arkham West. He then proceeded to prop them up like rag dolls around a table as if they were enjoying a game of cards. After the Joker's men had taken control of the Penitentiary, Zsasz proceeded to the heavily-guarded Arkham East.
While the Joker's men wrestled the area from the guards, Zsasz invaded the Botanical Gardens. He entered the Botanical Glasshouse Entrance, where he encountered three more members of security at the doorway to the Botanical Glasshouse. Zsasz murdered two of them, arranging the dead guards in a lifelike pose around a park bench. After killing several more Arkham staff, Zsasz scratched out the tallies of his kills onto the bench. Shortly after, the Joker came across Zsasz in the Glasshouse Entrance with his latest victims. ("No doubt acting out some twisted fantasy", according to Joker) The Clown Prince of Crime took Zsasz to the Arkham Mansion after his men had captured Dr. Penelope Young in the Library, planning to torture the formula for her secret Titan drug out of her.
Mr. Zsasz asked to be left alone with Young and successfully forced the secret out of her. Batman searched the mansion until he came across Zsasz, who was holding Dr. Young hostage with a knife to the throat. The Joker, contacting Zsasz via a monitor, tried to convince Zsasz to hurry up and kill her. Zsasz began to panic as he knew Batman would take him down if he did just that but he was also torn by his desire to kill her, slowly savoring her fright and saying that she was "just begging to be slaughtered". Before he could make a decision, Batman knocked him out with a Batarang to the head.
Dr. Young was driven to so many tears while Zsasz held her hostage and nearly killed her. She beat his unconscious body angrily, yelling at him "You monster! You evil, evil, evil monster!", while still crying. After Young was killed by an explosive set by Joker and Harley Quinn set her goons on Batman, Zsasz disappeared, suggesting that he escaped during the chaos, as no guards had arrived to detain him.
His final appearance was in Batman's hallucination of a replay of the game's opening sequence caused by Scarecrow's Fear Toxin. Batman was placed in the captured position, with Joker capturing him, and Zsasz among the Arkham inmates escorting Batman in the patient handcart. After this, Zsasz had no further appearance in the game and his status remained unknown.
After Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Zsasz was briefly mentioned by Hugo Strange as a inmate. Zsasz was intentionally, but anominously, released so that TYGER forces could recapture him in order to boost Arkham City's credit as a safe prison.
Arkham City IncidentEdit
- "Did I ever tell you about my first kill, Batman?"
- ―Zsasz speaking to Batman during the Arkham City Incident
As he makes his way through, Zsasz is attempting to make a call. Once Zsasz is taken down, Batman locks him up in his own control center and lets the remaining two prisoners free.
- "You are probably praying I will end your lives quickly. I won't."
- ―Zsasz before being apprehended by Batman
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Real Name: Victor Zsasz
Dr. Penleope YoungEdit
"A Psychopath, Zsasz would fit perfectly into the desorganized asocial category of serial killer if not for his special fixation on the Batman. His motives are power and control, which he expresses quite literally by carving a scar into his skin to mark each of his victims. His obsession with the Batman is also manifested in a physical way: He is saving a special spot to scar when he kills the Dark Knight."
"It's rare than a asocial serial killer motivated by control would have no history of childhood trauma; the exact reason for Zsasz's behavior remain a mystery."
"His low IQ further hampers my attempts to treat him. He spent hours at a time ritualistically counting the marks in his skin."
Extremely unstable!!! Not a canditate for a new research.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
There is no doubt that the world would be a safer place without Victor Zsasz, but why send him to the electric chair when he can serve to punish his fellow inmates at Arkham City? Zsasz's blood-lust continues unabated and rules his every action. Personnel are cautioned to avoid any form of contact with this enthusiastic and consummate murderer.
- Sociopath with no regard for human life
- No pattern of killing, making him difficult to track
- Compulsive need to kill others
- "He belched out smoke as he put his card on the table."
- "If I see anything that looks even a little bit like a bat and this guard dies. DO YOU HEAR ME?"
- "Hello, Batman. Do you recognize my voice?"
- "Please hold for Mr. Zsasz. I'm sorry, he's not avaliable right now. You need to find the phone."
- "Ring, ring."
Game Over LinesEdit
- "I'm going to take my time, Batman. After all, you took yours."
- "You missed my call."
- "You took too long, Batman."
Behind the ScenesEdit
- If the player takes too long in rescuing Dr. Young, Zsasz will eventually decide to kill her thus causing the mission to be failed and bringing up a special Joker message in which he sarcastically announces "Now that was unexpected! Who'd have figured the deranged murderer would kill the poor little doctor?"
- During Batman's first encounter with Zsasz there are actually many different ways to take him down.
- 1: The player can easily perform a glide kick followed by a ground takedown
- 2: The player can simply drop to the ground and knock him out from behind with a combo.
- 3: The player could also drop down and perform a silent takedown
- 4: Additionally the player can very easily knock Zsasz around the room and as long as they don't give him enough time in between hits to push the trigger they will not fail the mission. Sometimes Zsasz will actually try to fight back with his knives much like in the challenge mode. One particularly interesting way to defeat Zsasz is to use the cape stun attack on him repeatedly in order to push him around the room and into the electric barrier that barred your initial entrance to the room and the guards, however no matter where Zsasz falls after the cutscene his body will reappear next to the electrified chair.
- Zsasz appears as sort of a 'boss' enemy in many brawling type challenge modes. He fights like a common knife enemy among the High Security Henchmen though he uses two knives instead of 1 like a regular High Security henchman, but the taunts made are in his voice particularly. He will appear in the final round of melee challenge maps only.
- All of the main enemies in the game have game over message if you lose in the places they are the main target. Zsasz, however, is the only enemy not to have a special message. Instead, Joker plays his messages if you lose during Zsasz's levels.
- Zsasz's incessant need to kill other people is often questioned and ridiculed by other inmates and prisoners. But there also those are intimidated by Zsasz because of this tendancy.
- Zsasz has a display case in the Arkham City museum, the glass front is smashed from his escape.
- As Zsasz had his own set of weapons as seen in the Gallery, Zsasz may have more ways of killing his victims than just his knife.
- The spot saved for Batman is unknown, though many mistakenly believe it is the inside of his left eyelid - this spot is actually being saved for Jeremiah Arkham.
- It is likely his forehead, as the large tally mark is not complete.
- During the Cold Call Killer phone conversation he recalls a poker game with the Penguin, he had four 6's while the Penguin had a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. That makes five 6's, not a very fair game.
- Το κεφαλι του ειναι σαν καρπουζι