|Full Name||Victoria Vale|
|Base of Operations||Gotham City|
|Voice Actor||Grey DeLisle
Jules De Jongh (Arkham VR)
|First Appearance||Batman #49 (October/November 1948)|
Investigative reporter Vicki Vale got her start at the Gotham City Gazette, where she quickly rose to fame for her unwavering commitment to rooting out the ugly truths behind Gotham's corruption and poverty.
She'd risk life and limb to portray the danger the prison city posed to the public, perhaps overly confident that Batman would be there to catch her when she fell.
Arkham Origins Incident
Vicki Vale was seen along with her team in Blackgate Prison when Black Mask and his men invaded it. She was imprisoned by some of his mobsters in a cell until Batman arrived and beat them down. Eventually, she was released from her cell and was seen reporting on the events at the Gotham Royal Hotel via helicopter. Due to an explosion caused by the Joker, Batman ended up clinging to the side of her helicopter. He eventually let go and fought Bane and his mercenaries, while Vicki filmed the whole thing until the camera broke and then they left.
Cold, Cold Heart Incident
Vicki was present at Bruce Wayne's New Year's Eve Party at Wayne Manor, where Ferris Boyle accepted the Humanitarian of the Year Award. However, Mister Freeze arrived with some Penguin thugs and crashed the party. She was later saved by Batman from the thugs, who declined to give her an exclusive. At the end, Vicki reported the incident at GothCorp, and personally thanked Batman for saving her and Gotham City.
After Arkham Asylum Incident
Just days after the events at Arkham Asylum, Vicki interviewed Quincy Sharp and felt that something was wrong. After the interview, Sharp then made an appearance on the Gotham Nightliner which Vicki co-hosted. Convinced that Sharp was not the hero he made himself out to be, Vale pressed him for answers and he became confused and struggled with the facts. As Vicki moved in for the journalist kill, she was shocked when Sharp regained his composure, and answered all of her questions with authority, like he was suddenly speaking with someone else's voice. Whatever was going on, Vale was determined to uncover the truth.
Arkham City Incident
Vicki was assigned to cover a press conference hosted by Bruce Wayne about Arkham City and witnessed him being taken prisoner by TYGER security. She managed to escape and later reported on the rumors that Batman was in Arkham City, where she became the victim of Joker's belief that Batman had double-crossed him.
Lured to Arkham City airspace, Vicki's helicopter was shot down and Batman was forced to protect her from the Joker's snipers. Upon getting her to safety, Batman told Vicki to stay out of sight. Joker interrupted the conversation and stated that he had shot down the news helicopter so that Harley Quinn would have enough time to get the cure for the Titan poison back to Joker.
Vicki was left at the Gotham Casino and stated that she wanted to question both Quincy Sharp and Hugo Strange about Arkham City. Around the end of the game, Vicki was seen in the Gotham Cathedral, interviewing Quincy Sharp following his own incarceration into the city.
Harley Quinn's Revenge
Vicki was not seen in Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC, but she reported on the situation in Arkham City on Gotham FM which could be heard on the radio in the Manager's Office and the Dry Dock at the Steel Mill and the Shipyard. She could also be heard over a police radio trying to interview Commissioner Gordon about his conversation with Batman at the start of the mission.
Before Arkham Knight Incident
Through a City Story, it was revealed that Vicki managed to get her hands on a shipping manifest that proved that Quincy Sharp had ordered and approved of the weapons that were shipped into Arkham City for the gangs and the criminals to use in order for Protocol 10 to be activated. With Sharp's reputation destroyed, he committed suicide and made Vicki responsible for his death.
Arkham Knight Incident
The player could listen to phone messages left for Bruce by Vicki at Wayne Tower in Lucius Fox's Office. Near the end of the game, Vicki was seen reporting on Batman's unmasking as Bruce Wayne by Scarecrow. She was later seen outside Wayne Manor after Batman's identity was unveiled, and witnessed Bruce Wayne's apparent death when the mansion was blown up.
Although Vicki was not present in Arkham Asylum, she was, however, in Arkham City. Vicki was first seen during the opening cutscene at Bruce Wayne's press conference outside Arkham City and during the "Rescuing Vicki Vale" mission. After completing the game, Vale would be located at the Church Medical Center, interviewing Quincy Sharp about Arkham City.
Real Name: Victoria Vale
Batman's Database Profile
Dr. Hugo Strange
Vicki Vale Real Name: Victoria Vale
- Hard-nosed reporting skills
- Gotham's most trusted name in news
- "Every man's not an island, Bruce. I've ben back for almost two years now, you cant expect me to believe that Gotham's most eligible bachelor is spending another Christmas alone?"
- "Let me out! Do you know who I am?" (Black Mask's Henchmen)
- "On second thought, you can leave me in the cell. I'm fine here, thanks." (Black Mask's Henchmen)
- "Is that? It's - it's really him... Are we safe in here?" (To Cameraman about Batman)
- "What if he comes for us? We need to get prepared." (To Cameraman about Batman)
- "And you believe everything you hear on the news?" (Cameraman)
- "Yeah. And neither do we." (Cameraman)
- "Are you trying to get us killed?" (Cameraman)
- "We - we should film this. Where's your camera?" (To Cameraman about Batman's fight with Black Mask's Henchmen)
- "Please. We don't want any trouble." (Batman)
- "Who is he??" (Batman)
- "Good lord! I don't believe it! Tell me we're still getting this!" (Explosion at the Royal Hotel)
- "This is Vicki Vale reporting live from the Gotham Royal Hotel where there has just been a massive explosion! And now it appears the Batman - has been blown from the building by the blast and is somehow hanging from the bottom of our helicopter!"
- "What's this? Several armed men have gathered on a balcony." (Bane's Mercenaries)
- "We wait for him to jump." (To Helicopter Pilot about Batman)
- "Wait until he jumps or you'll be working traffic from now on! You hear me!?" (Helicopter Pilot)
- "After years of on-and-off unconfirmed sightings, with no recorded video, we've seen the Bat twice tonight and caught him on film! Could this be the turning of a new leaf for the mysterious vigilante? Is he about to become a public figure? One thing's for sure - after what I've seen him do tonight, he's on his way to becoming a household name. You saw it here - tonight. The Batman on live television. This is Vicki Vale, signing off."
Cold Cold Heart
- "Bruce? Bruce, do you have a minute?" (Bruce Wayne)
- "Someone said an iceberg just appeared - exploded - in the ballroom. I need details. What happened? Who do you think -" (Bruce Wayne)
- "He never made it to the interview." (To Bruce Wayne about Ferris Boyle)
- "Wait. You're not going out there alone, are you?" (Bruce Wayne)
- "Bruce - these are dangerous men. Let's just wait for the police." (To Bruce Wayne about Penguin's Henchmen and Mister Freeze)
- "What turned your boss's skin blue?" (To Penguin's Henchmen about Mister Freeze)
- "You seriously call him Mister?" (To Penguin's Henchmen about Mister Freeze)
- "Is he going to kill Ferris?" (To Penguin's Henchmen about Mister Freeze)
- "That was amazing! You just picked those goons apart!" (Batman)
- "So, are you here to stop this Mr. Freeze? Save Ferris Boyle?" (Batman)
- "You know, you really should do an exclusive with me. The people want to know what you're all about." (Batman)
- "This IS important. You've become a hot issue for this city. You need to state for the record what you're trying to accomplish." (Batman)
- "Think about that exclusive. You need to manage that image before someone else manages it for you." (Batman)
- "Thanks, Janine. I'm standing at the corporate headquarters of Gothcorp where Captain Gordon has confirmed that Gothcorp CEO, Ferris Boyle, has been taken into police custody."
- "Police report that Mister Boyle stands accused of manslaughter, extortion, and attempted murder-shocking accusations given that just earlier tonight he accepted the Wayne Foundation's award for Humanitarian of the Year."
- "Also in custody is the notoriously elusive underworld crime boss, Oswald Cobblepot, better known as the Penguin. As well as a Gothcorp cryogenicist, Victor Fries."
- "Mr. Fries is being held under heavy guard at Gotham General receiving treatment for an undisclosed medical condition."
- "Quincy Sharp has suggested that Mr. Fries is yet another example of the type of criminal that needs the specialized care that only Arkham Asylum can provide."
- "Police credit these arrests to solid police work, but this reporter suspects the vigilante known as the Batman had more than a small role to play."
- "On a personal note, I owe Batman a debt of gratitude for rescuing me from almost certain death earlier this evening. So, thank you, Batman. For all of us. Back to you, Janine."
- "Any truth to the rumors Joker has poisoned Gotham? What about this place? Do you approve of Professor Strange? C'mon, Batman. Give this girl a break."
- "Do you think the Joker made the call to the network? It must have been him. He got us just where he wanted us."
- "Thanks for the help back there. Are you sure you have no comment?"
- "C'mon, Batman. There's more going on than meets the eye, right?"
- While Batman used the Grapple Gun to carry off every other character that he rescued in the game, he used the Line Launcher when he rescued Vicki Vale from the Joker's henchmen following the helicopter crash. That was likely a reference to Batman (1989) where he used his gauntlet-mounted zip line (a predecessor to the Line Launcher) to carry her away from the Joker's reach.
- Much like in Batman (1989), Vicki was blonde in the game, rather than having her usual red hair.
- Apparently, Jack Ryder viewed her as a rival journalist, and remarked: "No way is that Vale bitch taking over my show."
- Vicki's investigations became more and more focused around Batman and Bruce Wayne. Unbeknownst to her, they were the same person.
- Up until the Blackgate Prison breakout, Vicki Vale and the press thought that Batman was an urban legend with the rumors that were started by the GCPD.
- One of the voicemails to Bruce Wayne's phone had her alluding to an article that was implied to have soured relations between Bruce and her, though she blamed Jack Ryder for the article in question.
- The voicemail implied, and Jack Ryder outright stated to Batman in one of their conversations, that Vicki and Bruce were in a relationship.
- If Bruce and Vicki were indeed in a relationship, then this was another reference to the Batman (1989) as Bruce and Vicki fell in love during the movie and began a relationship (which ended by the events of Batman Returns).