This is a timeline of all the various media that make up the Arkham universe. It includes the games: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Arkham Knight, Arkham Origins: Blackgate and the comics:, Arkham City, the Arkham City Digital Comic, Road to Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight. The timeline also functions as a "recommended reading order", and as such does not take flashbacks into account, instead placing issues according to their "present day" sections. Please note that this is a work in progress, and may be incorrect in places.
Note that issues 33-39 (or 11 & 12) of the Arkham Knight digital-first comic book series are non-canonical, as the events of the comics don't match information in the game. Bane, for example, has an entirely different fate in the comics than is told in the game.
It is unclear, whether Batman: Arkham VR is canon, but if it is, it takes place somewhere between Arkham City and Arkham Knight.
24 - 25
Arkham Asylum is reinstated.
Dick Grayson loses his parents during an acrobatics show and is taken in as Bruce Wayne's ward.
Batman Arkham Knight - Batgirl Begins #1
Dick Grayson becomes Robin.
Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer
Dick Grayson quits being Robin, moves to Blüdhaven.
Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing.
Dick Grayson gets a job at BPD as a Police Officer.
Batman Arkham Knight - Batgirl/Harley Quinn #1
Batman Arkham Knight - Batgirl/Harley Quinn #2
Batman: Assault on Arkham
Batman catches Jason Todd stealing the batmobile's tires.
Jason Todd becomes Robin.
Robin(Jason Todd) goes after the Joker alone and is captured and tied up in an abandoned wing of Arkham Asylum.
Batman receives the video of Jason Todd being "killed".
Tim Drake reveals to Batman he knows he's Bruce Wayne.
Tim Drake becomes Robin.
Batgirl: A Matter of Family
Barbara Gordon(Batgirl) is crippled by The Joker.
Barbara Gordon takes on the persona of Oracle.
Poison Ivy releases thousands of poisonous spores into Gotham, killed hundreds of people.
Batman - Arkham City: Chapter 2, "Cut and Run"
Batman - Arkham City #3, "Choosing Sides"
Batman - Arkham City: Chapter 3, "Riddle Me"
Batman - Arkham City #4, "A Night on the Town"
Batman - Arkham City #5, "Exposure"
Batman - Arkham City: Chapter 4, "Guardian Angel"
Batman - Arkham City: Chapter 5, "Fall of the Titan"
Batman - Arkham City: Chapter 6, "Three's a Crowd"
Batman - Arkham City: Chapter 7, "Moving at a Glacial Pace"
December - January
Batman - Arkham City: Catwoman prologue
Batman - Arkham City: Catwoman finish story
Batman - Arkham Knight #1
Batman - Arkham City: End Game #1
Batman - Arkham City: End Game #2 (1-16)
Batman: Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge(Flashbacks)
Batman: Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge(Present Day)
Batman - Arkham City: End Game #2 (17-23)
Batman - Arkham City: End Game #3-4
Batman - Arkham Knight #2
Batman - Arkham City: End Game #5-6
Batman - Arkham Knight #3-6
Batman - Arkham Knight #7-10
Batman - Arkham Knight: Harley Quinn Story Pack
Batman - Arkham Knight #0
Batman: Arkham Knight
Batman - Arkham Knight: Catwoman's Revenge
Batman - Arkham Knight: Red Hood Story Pack
Batman - Arkham Knight: A Flip of a Coin
Batman - Arkham Knight: GCPD Lockdown
- ↑ This takes place during Bruce Wayne's training in North Korea, shortly before he became Batman.
- ↑ Given that Batman wears exactly the same suit he wears in Arkham Origins, has his first encounter with Enigma, and seems to be an established crime fighter, it can be assumed the comic takes place in the same year as Origins (though obviously before). The precise date is not specified.
- ↑ A development diary states Origins is a "Year 2" story. The game is also repeatedly stated to take place on Christmas Eve, and as Alfred announces midnight during the events of the game, it is therefore shown to finish on the early morning of Christmas Day.
- ↑ Cold, Cold Heart begins with Bruce Wayne's New Years Eve Humanitarian of the Year ceremony.
- ↑ In the game's opening cutscene, Batman says "3 months ago, I took down the deadliest villains [Gotham] had to offer," placing Origins: Blackgate towards the end of March.
- ↑ The comic is a direct lead-in to Arkham Asylum, and takes place earlier that night.
- ↑ The time of the year the game takes place in is likely July. Based on the math that Joker only lived another 6 months, plus nine months after his cremation was October 31st. In short, not counting Origins, the Arkham series takes place within the time-span of 15 months.
- ↑ Scarecrow's attack on Gotham takes place during Halloween. Firefighters confirm Batman faced Firefly in Pioneers' Bridge about ten years pior, and Deathstroke comments he fought Batman about ten years pior. Considering Arkham Origins is Batman's second year, this makes Arkham Knight the twelfth.