The Brave and the Bold No30 [Sep 1959]
The Suicide Squad (also known as Task Force X) is a corrupt government funded organization which is composed of an anti-hero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences. The group operates out of Belle Reve Penitentiary, under the directorship (leadership?) of Dr. Amanda Waller.
Arkham Origins Blackgate IncidentEdit
Three and a half months after Batman: Arkham Origins, Amanda Waller arranged for a prison break and sent Catwoman into Blackgate in an attempt to recruit Bane into the Suicide Squad. Waller monitored the actions of Batman, Catwoman and all those who were involved in the breakout that night.
Despite Deadshot and Bronze Tiger being successfully abducted by Captain Rick Flag under Waller's orders, the mission was ultimately a failure as Batman was able to defeat Catwoman and recapture Bane.
- Amanda Waller (Director) (Presumed Deceased)
- Deathstroke (Implied)
- Bronze Tiger
- Catwoman (Implied)
- Captain Rick Flag
- Harley Quinn
- Killer Frost (Presumed Deceased)
- Captain Boomerang
- King Shark (Deceased)
- Black Spider (Deceased)
- KGBeast (Deceased)
- Riddler (Defected)
Task Force X
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
The Suicide Squad
Amanda Waller ProfileEdit
- DC writer and editor Geoff Johns confirmed in February 2012 that a video game based on the Suicide Squad is in development.
- In the post-credits of Batman: Arkham Origins, Amanda Waller recruits Deathstroke into the Suicide Squad, hinting at the "movie", Batman: Assault on Arkham, though he makes no physical appearance. The same goes for Richard Flag and Bronze Tiger, who debuted in Arkham Origins: Blackgate.
- Several cutscenes in Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate implicate Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad in the game's prison riot plot. Waller and Rick Flag Jr. are shown recruiting Bronze Tiger and Deadshot (who both feature prominently in the game as boss encounters) in the post-credits of the video game, which is another reference to Assault on Arkham.
- After the events of Assault On Arkham, Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang are the only confirmed members to be alive, Killer Frost and Amanda Waller are thought to be dead (Frost was thrown while in a car, and Waller was last seen being targeted by Deadshot) and Black Spider, King Shark and KGBeast were all killed.