|Real name:||Sandra Wu-San|
|Assassin, Member of League of Assassins|
Base of Operations:
|Height:||5 ft 7 in/ 1.71 meters|
|First Appearance:||Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter #5 (Jan, 1976)|
- "What do you know of justice? Behind bars or beyond them, these people never change. As long as they live, Gotham is stained."
Shiva appears in the challenge map pack "Initiation" for Batman: Arkham Origins. In the last combat map of the game, she is an enemy in the final round. She appears in a cloud of smoke and attacks Bruce Wayne. She is unarmed, but functions as a martial artist and an armored enemy. Counterattack opportunities for her attacks are not indicated even if the player is in Normal difficulty. She only takes damage from countering her attacks or stunning her and the following with a Beatdown. Defeating her ends the campaign.
In this appearance, Shiva is still a student of Kirigi and was one of his most accomplished students.
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Shiva, along with Bane, Copperhead, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Electrocutioner, Killer Croc and Firefly, are hired by Black Mask to kill the Batman for a reward of $50,000,000 on Christmas Eve. She is seen in the video of the Batcomputer surrounded by thugs, fought them and she was delivered an envelope of Batman wanted dead by Black Mask. While taking up the hunt along with the other assassins, Shiva, knowing that "the Master" was interested in him, instead opts to test the vigilante's mantle; intending to pick up the reward as a consolation prize if he fails the test.
First luring the vigilante by using an abandoned baby carriage and a recording of a crying baby, Shiva instructs him to find and save an "Innocent Man" before he dies in the Burnley district. While Shiva used ninjas to further test his abilities, the Batman was able to save the innocent police officer, whom Shiva and her ninjas had captured, and also tracked down the body of another officer whom Shiva had killed due to his corruption.
While disappointed that the vigilante refused to agree that Gotham City needed to be purged instead of rehabilitated, Shiva instructed him to go to the Wonder Tower in the Sheldon Park district to finish the test; which involved a trail of combat between Batman, Shiva and a group of League of Assassins ninjas. With Batman surviving the trail and besting her ninja, Shiva allowed the vigilante to live; withdrawing herself from the hunt and said that Batman is as good as her master said. Batman attempts to take her into custody but Shiva vanishes, with Batman knowing this isn't the last he has seen of her. Before she leaves, she hints that she is working on behalf of a higher authority.
Allies and EnemiesEdit
Real Name: Sandra Wu-San
League of AssassinsEdit
Interpol: Numerous high-profile cold case assassinations of the last 3 years have been added to this file. See attached.
All cold cases in this category have a common factor - extremely limited available forensic evidence. In each case a single point of physical contact was made with the victim. In each case this single contact resulted in the immediate death of the victim.
Police work on all major continents has returned little. One line of investigation through the Hong Kong Police Force has returned two pieces of data - an allegation of the name "Shiva" and a single photograph that allegedly depicts this individual. The informant that provided this information has since gone missing. Non-verified image is included for complements. See attached.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Police records are thin, but indications are that Shiva is highly trained and extremely dangerous assassin. Rumor is that she selects many of her targets simply to test her skills. There are no known survivors from these encounters. The threat she represents cannot be underestimated.
- Martial arts Grandmaster.
- Unmatched skill in hand-to-hand combat.
Game Over Lines:Edit
- "You fought well. And so I grant you the favor of a quick death."
- "I take no pleasure in your death. But I see no other way."'
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "That's just a consolation prize in case you fail the test."
- "Somewhere in New Gotham, an innocent man is about to die. And we both know you won't allow that. So the question is: Can you find him, Batman? Can you save him?"
- "Because you wouldn't. He was corrupt. A murderer."
- "What do you know of justice. Behind bars or beyond them, these people never change. As long as they live, Gotham is stained."
- "And here I thought you might understand. Still, the test must continue. Meet me at Sheldon Park."
- "Why did you come? Don't you have a city to save?"
- "Yes. A lesson that seems lost on you, and many more will die if you do not learn it."
- "I admire your passion, though you cause is flawed. Now let us fight."
- "It's time to be tested!"
- "Well fought. Now, let's see how you handle this!"
- "A lesson for you."
- "Now pay attention."
- "Now we'll see if you're worthy!"
- "The test is ended! And with it, your life!"
- "Skilled. Honorable. Devoted. I see now why the Master has chosen you. It seems we have both learned something today."
- "No, you're not. But you have earned a reprieve. I hope, in time, you come to realize how wrong you are about Gotham. It is not meant to be saved. It cannot be saved - Only cleansed. And from the ashes, reborn."
- "The same as you, of course. Money. Glory."
- "But you can play the cunning brute? I know of your reliance on Venom. And your desire to eliminate it."
- "When you've lived as long as the Master has, you can gather a great deal of knowledge."
- "You know better than to question his motives."
- "I'm simply saying that my master shares your hatred of criminals."
- "We are hardly meddling. My master is simply offering you assistance. An opportunity you yourself say you desire."
- "Well, it certainly will not happen over night. There are... steps we must take."
- "You say you want to be mayor, that you want to purge this city of criminals... Then taking this position is hardly a string."
- "Arkham Asylum."
- She is only referred to as "Shiva" in Batman: Arkham Origins unlike her comics character which is called "Lady Shiva". Her full name, Sandra Wu-San, is also not listed in her profile, but rather as "Unknown".
- Though not appearing in person, Shiva's lover, David Cain, is listed as a potential assassin candidate, as seen in Black Mask's office in the Sionis Industries steel mill, along with Cheshire and Black Spider.
- While it is never directly stated, one can easily come to the conclusion that her master is Ra's al Ghul. Namely due to her masters fixation on Batman and during extortion data audio files she approaches Quincy Sharp about reopening Arkham Asylum and talks about Sharp wanting to become Mayor, which Ra's eventually does help Sharp win to form Arkham City.
- Shiva is the only assassin listed as "Defeated" rather than "Captured" after she is beaten by Batman, similar to Electrocutioner being the only assassin that's labelled as "Deceased". This also makes her the only one of the eight assassins that still remains at large and a potential threat in the future.
- Although she fights both Bruce Wayne and Batman, it remains unclear whether she knew they were the same person. Her affiliation with Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins, however, leans more toward that she knows.
- During the beginning of the game when Batman pulls up Shiva's file, he says "she's unmatched", his tone/ way of saying it, one can problably assume that he possibly remembers fighting her during the Initiation Incident.