Arkham Origins Incident
The Royal Hotel was where the Joker called a meeting with three of the assassins. Joker interrupted Electrocutioner playing a game on his phone, and kicked him out of the window to his death far below. Joker also ended up doing extensive "renovations" to the hotel, including converting the ballroom into a massive nigh-inescapable fairground-themed death trap, as well as rigging a portion of the hotel with "snowman bombs" that were primed to detonate on New Year's Eve at midnight as part of the demented clown's twisted schemes, although the former was evaded by Batman and the latter ended up detonated a few seconds by Batman (in a failed attempt at disarming the bombs). As Batman made his way to the Penthouse where Joker was, Bane snatched him from the elevator and threw him into the Penthouse. Bane allowed Joker to talk to Batman for a minute. During that time, Joker blew up a building, which was a construction site that was "blocking his view." As Batman proceeded to beat the Joker, Bane interrupted to kill Batman. Joker decided to watch at close distance and opened fire on the GCPD choppers. As Bane escaped, Joker tried to stop him, but was blown off the Penthouse balcony by Bane's bazooka. While in free fall, Joker was saved by Batman, handed over to the GCPD, and was taken to Blackgate Prison by Harvey Bullock.
Cold, Cold Heart Incident
The Royal Hotel was not able to be accessed, but the entrance was. Batman went there for the second part of the cryodrill that was needed to access the Cryogenic Testing Facility at GothCorp in order to rescue Ferris Boyle from Mr. Freeze.
Arkham Knight Incident
- That was the place where Bane first met Batman and the first place Batman fought him.
- The Hotel Lobby of the Royal Hotel was also a Predator Challenge Map called Checking Out, in which the Mad Hatter and his Henchmen appeared.
- The Swimming Pool of the Royal Hotel was a Predator Challenge Map called Quiet Waters, in which Bane's Henchmen were lead by Joker.
- The Hotel Parking Garage and the Penthouse Balcony of the Royal Hotel were 2 Combat Challenge Maps called Lot Full and Panorama.
- That was also were Batman got the Shock Gloves from Electrocutioner after he was killed by Joker.
- Notably, had Batman let Joker fall to his death, the Rocksteady trilogy wouldn't have happened. Despite his moral code, rescuing Joker was possibly Batman's biggest mistake, as Joker would later go and murder countless innocents, cripple Barbara Gordon and brainwash Jason Todd.