New Game Plus is an unlockable game mode in Batman: Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate and Batman: Arkham Knight. It is unlocked by completing the default story on Normal or Hard difficulty level.
The Player can play through the story again, but with several differences:
- Counter Icons are removed. This means that the player is no longer given hints when an enemy is about to attack. This change isn't present in AO: Blackgate.
- Enemies are faster, and take more punishment before going down. They also deal more damage.
- Enemy layouts are changed, meaning that early-game enemy encounters might have end-game enemies/weapons on them.
- Everything gained on one mode is carried over to the other one. This means that any gadgets collected on the first playthrough are instantly usable on New Game Plus. This affects Gadgets, Waynetech upgrades and Riddler Trophies/Enigma Datapacks.
- In Arkham Origins and AO: Blackgate, gadgets need to be reacquired, but everything else carries over (Even upgrades for said gadgets).
- In Batman: Arkham Knight, being seen consumes Fear Takedown charges, requiring the Player to perform a silent takedown to recharge.
- The player can use Big Head Mode and Alternate outfits without completing the story.
- While this game mode is not available in Batman: Arkham Asylum, the hard difficulty turns off counter icons.
- In Batman: Arkham Origins, turning off hints also turns off counter icons.
- In Batman: Arkham Knight, players cannot change the difficulty from the Pause menu, and it is locked on "Knightmare" Difficulty.
- In Knight, launching a combat challenge from New Game Plus Free Roam turns off the counter icons (but not drone lasers), and makes the enemies harder to beat. Completing the challenge this way gives the player a "Knightmare Bonus", increasing the score. This affects both Human/Batmobile combat challenges. After the October update, this option can be chosen from the A.R Challenge menu.
- The Bonus is based on the maximum combo the player achieved at any point during the round/challenge, times 10. For example, if the player manages to reach 100 hit combo, the bonus is 1000 points.