|Full Name||Dr. Victor Fries|
|Occupation||Cryogenicist (Formerly), College Teacher (Formerly), Professional Criminal|
|Base of Operations||Gotham City|
|Affiliations||Nora Fries, Batman, Ferris Boyle (Formerly),
|Hair||None (Formerly Brown)|
|Height||6ft. 3in.; 6ft. 7in. (Armored)|
|Voice Actor||Maurice LaMarche|
|First Appearance||BATMAN #121 (February 1959)|
Victor Fries was a brilliant cryogenicist whose beloved wife, Nora Fries, was stricken with a fatal degenerative disease. He placed her in suspended animation while he obsessively searched for a way to cure her, but the corporation that funded his research - and Nora's life - pulled the plug, triggering an accident that transformed Fries' body into a cold-blooded form that must always be kept below zero temperature. At normal room temperature, he will die.
While wielding a number of cryogenic weapons, he wears protective armor on his quest to bring back his lovely wife and avenge her fate - which he partly held Batman responsible for. He serves as the primary antagonist of Cold, Cold Heart and the main villain of the Gotham's Most Wanted In From the Cold.
Victor Fries began his interest in cryonics at a young age. As a child, he froze over a dozen of his neighbors' pets in an attempt to cure them of their sickness, fully intending to revive all of them later. When he was caught, he was sent to reform school and was disowned by his parents.
Fries eventually began a career in cryogenics at GothCorp. He later met a woman named Nora, with whom he fell in love with and later married.
Nora was eventually diagnosed with a terminal illness known as Huntington's Chorea with no known cure. Later, he was hired by Ferris Boyle, the CEO of GothCorp. Boyle wanted Fries to help advance the secret cryoweapons program within GothCorp, with Fries as the leader of the project. In exchange, Ferris agreed to help devote GothCorp resources to finding a cure for Nora’s malady. Meanwhile, Ferris was more interested in how Victor had managed to put Nora into cryostasis. Boyle convinced Fries to keep working on the weapons program by promising to find a cure for Nora's illness. When Victor realized that Boyle did not have any intention of following through on their deal, he decided to research a cure himself without Boyle’s help. When Ferris found out about this, he threatened to cease Fries' activities and pull the plug, which meant ending Nora's life. With the help of two guards, Boyle proceeded to assault Fries. In the middle of the struggle Fries was pushed by Boyle into his own experimental cryo-cannon which froze a guard and caused a container of cryogenic fluid to explode and empty its contents on him and the other guard. The liquid transformed his and the guard's metabolism into a cold-blooded form. Boyle managed to escape the scene unharmed and placed the lab under quarantine. The other guard tried to flee but died of heat stroke upon exiting the hyper-cooled lab due to his mutated state. Fries, however, managed to build a suit that was helping to keep him alive in normal temperatures.
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Mr. Freeze was missing from the events of Arkham Origins that took place on Christmas Eve; however, he was active for an unspecified time prior to his actions taken during Cold, Cold Heart on New Years Eve. During this period, Victor put his wife Nora into cryostasis to buy himself the time required to develop a cure for Nora's terminal illness, Huntington's Chorea. Boyle approached Fries and worked out a deal: Fries would create cryogenic technology (mostly weapons) for GothCorp, and in exchange, Boyle would devote GothCorp resources to finding a cure for Nora. However, even as Victor held up his end of the deal, Boyle kept stalling on his. Victor eventually realized that Boyle was more interested in how he put Nora into cryostasis, thus making him forget about their deal, and decided to do the research himself.
In response, Boyle and two guards attacked him in his lab and abducted Nora. In the struggle, Boyle knocked over a freeze gun, which froze one of the guards and hit a large container of cryogenic chemicals. The sudden pressure change caused the container to explode, releasing a plume of chemicals that doused Victor and remaining guard. Boyle managed to escape the plume and fled the lab. The guard tried to flee also, but upon leaving the supercooled lab, he suffered heat stroke and died at the doorway.
Victor witnessed the guard's death, and realized that the chemical he had been exposed to had changed his metabolism, and as a result, he would have to keep his body temperature at subzero in order to survive. Inside the lab, Victor constructed a makeshift cryosuit out of prototype parts in order to survive. It was noticeably less advanced than the suit he had in Arkham City, as he built it out of spare parts in the lab and not the technology that he would create years later.
Cold Cold HeartEdit
Freeze arrived with Penguin's gang, attacked civilians at Wayne Manor in the Ballroom at the Wayne Humanitarian of the Year Awards Ceremony on New Years Eve, and demanded the people to bring him Ferris Boyle. While Batman was able to keep Ferris safe for the most part, he encountered Freeze, who was able to freeze Batman, abduct Boyle, and escape. Batman followed him, and discovered along the way that Freeze had equipped some of Penguin's men with cryonic weaponry. While Batman was trying to track down Freeze, he was able to find out that Freeze had struck a deal with the Penguin: he supplied Penguin and his men with weapons, and Penguin got him and Boyle into GothCorp. Once In GothCorp, the deal went sour. Penguin believed that Freeze was holding out on him due to Freeze's refusal to allow him into a certain section of the lab (in reality, it was a chamber that was housing Nora). At that moment, Batman arrived to see a firefight between Penguin, his goons, and Freeze. Batman dropped down and picked off the two snipers, and while Penguin's gang was distracted, Freeze froze them all, retook Boyle, and created a wall of ice behind him, although not before telling the vigilante that his threats mean nothing to him as he had "lost everything." Batman not only required his XE Suit (Extreme Environment Batsuit), but also a cryo-drill to break through the ice wall. The drill also needed a coolant that was developed by Victor Fries. In the abandoned lab, Batman finally discovered the truth about Freeze's transformation and found the coolant that was the same substance that Freeze used in his suit.
Batman returned to GothCorp with the drill and was able to access the chamber after breaking through the ice wall. After fighting past Penguin's thugs and overloading the cryo-generators, the two began a battle around the lab. Freeze's makeshift armor was too strong for Batman to damage conventionally, but he was able to find multiple ways to hurt him and disable the propellant tank on his suit. Their fight was interrupted by an alert that signaled that Nora's pod was beginning to fail. Freeze flash-froze the room before returning to Nora in order to fix the problem, and Batman was able to attack him from below as well as he activated his Thermal Gloves to break his dome and take him down.
However, as he incapacitated Freeze, Boyle freed himself and used the ruptured pipes in the room to freeze Batman, who pushed Victor out of the way. Ferris then snapped off a pipe from Freeze's suit and began to beat him to death, while he cruelly gloated that he could watch Nora die first and then him. Batman was able to free himself, however, and knocked Ferris out with two punches and told the corrupt CEO to " take a seat humanitarian" in disgust. He administered the coolant to Freeze, and fixed Nora's pod, and thus, saved her life. Batman told Victor that while he couldn't give him peace, he could give him justice.
It could be theorized that while Batman did indeed save both Nora and Freeze in the end, he stopped Freeze from rescuing her and escaping, something that Alfred pointed out when Bruce realized that her restoration was Freeze's only goal. The G.C.P.D. picked up Victor, and because of his condition, they did not put him in Blackgate, so instead, they put him in Arkham Asylum when it reopened, and Nora Fries was sent to Wayne Enterprises.
Assault on Arkham IncidentEdit
Freeze's gun was found in the prisoner storage section of Arkham Asylum by Killer Frost and King Shark. Killer Frost attempted to use the Freeze Gun to kill Batman, but she failed. It was unknown when he had constructed this version of the gun, as it was a stylized version of the one seen in Arkham City.
Road to Arkham Incident Edit
Sometime before the Joker's control of the Asylum started, Mr. Freeze escaped from his cell and fled Arkham Island. Exactly how and when he did this was unknown. Other villains who escaped the island with Mr. Freeze before the chaos were: The Ventriloquist, Penguin, Calendar Man, Catwoman, Black Mask, Firefly, Riddler, Great White Shark, Ratcatcher, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Humpty Dumpty, Ventriloquist and Maxie Zeus.
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Mr. Freeze's cell, which was in the same wing as Arkham's most deranged cases, could be seen in Extreme Incarceration in the Penitentiary area of Batman: Arkham Asylum, and could be scanned to unlock his biography.
Between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City IncidentEdit
Mr. Freeze was blackmailed by the Joker to find a cure for his Titan illness. He was easily able to develop a cure for the disease, but found that it degraded too quickly to be used, and required a restorative enzyme. Freeze was going to continue his research only to be manipulated into submission by Hugo Strange, stripped of his suit and weapons, and handed over to the Penguin. Freeze and his suit were displayed separately in Penguin's War Room and the Armory respectively. Penguin also stole Freeze's freeze gun for his own amusement.
Making A CureEdit
Batman got Freeze his suit and his freeze gun back and brought him the Penguin. Freeze got revenge by stepping on the Penguin's broken hand, only easing up when Batman told him to stop, and locked the Penguin in one of his own display cases. Batman asked for the cure, but Freeze explained that it was too unstable for use. Batman realized that he needed to get the restorative element the cure required: a sample of blood from Ra's al Ghul. Freeze returned to the GCPD Building while Batman went after Ra's.
After Batman recovered the blood sample, Freeze was able to complete the cure and quickly locked it away in his safe. Batman demanded the cure, but Freeze refused, and destroyed one of the two vials of the cure. He informed Batman that Joker had his wife Nora and Freeze ordered Batman to bring Nora back to him, and launched a full-scale attack against Batman. Batman was able to defeat Freeze and smashed the protective dome around his head to punch him, but stopped after a Joker hallucination from the poison.
When Batman attempted to retrieve the cure, however, he discovered that Harley Quinn was able to break into the safe and had stolen the only sample. Batman pursued her,at the insistence of Freeze, agreed to also look for Nora. In exchange, Freeze gave Batman some Freeze Blasts that he had been developing to help him break into the Steel Mill. Batman quickly found Nora in Warehouse 5B in the Falcone Shipping Yard at the Industrial District of Joker's Funland, informed Victor of her location, and reunited husband and wife. Freeze later appeared at the warehouse where Batman appealed to him to quit the life of crime and focus on his wife.
After Arkham City IncidentEdit
It could be assumed that after the evacuation and shut down of Arkham City, Mr. Freeze was taken to a temporary holding cell while his wife was taken back to his lab.
Before Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Freeze had taken Batman's advice to leave the criminal world and focus on his wife's cure. However, the story also revealed that Nora had been slowly regaining consciousness and was in a state not unlike sometimes recorded by people when in comas, where they are fully aware of everything that is occurring around them. Nora, witnessing Freeze give into his anger and performing nebulous acts, came to the conclusion that the two of them may never be happy again, and that her love for him was faltering.
In From the ColdEdit
Even as a child, Victor Fries was obsessed with cryogenics and something of a disturbed boy as he froze his neighbors' pets and would defrost them once he cured their sickness. In his adult years, Victor began a career in cryogenics at GothCorp where he met Nora whom he fell deeply in love with and later wed. Tragically, however, Nora was diagnosed with Hunningtons Chorea. With no cure, Victor obsessed over finding one until Ferris Boyle, the CEO of GothCorp presented Fries with a deal: Victor would create cryogenic weapons for GothCorp and in return Boyle would dedicate to finding a cure for Nora's Hunnington. However, once Freeze discovered that Boyle had no intention of following on their deal, Victor committed company espionage and would cure Nora himself. Once Boyle discovered this, he was enraged and this caused a fatal accident which supposedly killed Fries.
Unbeknownst to him, however, Victor survived and returned as Mister Freeze, a professional criminal who couldn't survive outside of a sub-zero temperature. After his transformation, Fries became ruthless and vengeful and displayed psychopathic behavior. One of the most obvious traits was his blatant disregard of human life and disregard of others. Freeze had no qualms about killing innocent people if they were in his way against to get revenge on Ferris Boyle.Freeze still loves his wife Nora (who he's put in cryo-stasis) and still searches for her cure.
After his transformation, Freeze had taken up sadistic tendencies, the most obvious one was in Arkham City when Victor crushed Penguins broken hand as payback for imprisoning him in his museum.
Another person Freeze held a fatal grudge against was Batman, whom he partially blamed for his wife's condition. However, in Arkham City, the two worked together to manufacture a cure for the Joker poison, but once Joker threatened Nora, Freeze betrayed and attacked Batman. They both made peace once again when Batman returned Freeze's wife to him. Ever since that, Freeze laid low and possibly gave up his criminal career.
Physical Appearance Edit
In Arkham Origins, Freeze appeared as his skin was altered into a cold blooded form that was caused by the tank that exploded. He wore a super cooled survival suit that kept his coolant subzero temperature to survive and powered up with super coolant in his suit. On his suit, Freeze had a cryo coolant tank that was located on the back, and he had a right-handed cryo cannon which was connected to his suit that fired, a protective dome over his head, and had a GothCorp logo on his suit. Freeze wore red lens thermal goggles that he used to scan for targets.
In Arkham City, Freeze appeared without his suit on after being captured the Penguin and his men and put in a display case in the War Room at the Museum. Freeze had a chemical coolant in his chest that kept him alive and wore black cryo pants and boots with coolant tubes that connected to the coolant. Freeze wore a new high-tech metallic freeze suit with technology and weaponized cryo equipment and held a newer and advanced cryogenic freeze ray. Freeze wore a protective dome around his head and wore a new set of high-tech red thermal goggles that scanned for targets.
Cold, Cold Heart Fight:
In the end of the DLC story, Batman and Freeze battle inside GothCorp in a cooling chamber where Nora was locked up. Like in Arkham City, direct attacks won't work on Freeze, so instead the player must use their predator skills to fight him, although, due to the icy environment, only a few options are available:
- Perform a Silent Takedown from behind (it is best to use this Takedown as a way to start the battle since Mr. Freeze will start leaking cryogenic fluid which will freeze Batman and anyone who gets near him)
- Perform a Corner Takedown
- Perform a Weak Wall Takedown
- Perform a Explosive Gel Takedown
- Perform a Vent Takedown
- Perform a Tightrope Takedown
- Perform a Zipline Takedown
- Use the Thermocharged Batarang to drop a stalactite on top of him (this is the easiest method to defeat since he will not be able to track Batman down or freeze him if you fail to drop it on top of him).
Once Freeze has lost enough life, a warning signal will state that Nora's Cryopod is losing power, Freeze will turn his attention to her and the player will simply have to get under Freeze for the final Takedown.
Arkham City Fight:
The battle with Freeze takes place in the GCPD lab. Freeze cannot be attacked directly, and instead must be weakened by using the following methods:
- Perform a Silent Takedown
- Perform a Reverse Ledge Takedown
- Perform a Takedown through a glass window or a glass ceiling
- Destroy a weak wall as he walks past it with the Explosive Gel.
- Use the Disruptor to disable his freeze gun.
- Activate magnets with the Remote Electrical Charge Gun.
- Strike him from behind while riding the Line Launcher.
- Land on top of him using the Drop Attack or the Glide Kick.
- Perform a Takedown from a floor grate.
- Activate the electrical current between the two frayed wires on top of the icy floor.
- Destroy a glass ceiling as he walks under it with the Explosive Gel.
- Perform a Ledge Takedown.
Once Freeze is weakened, Batman must perform a Beatdown and start again. Every time a strategy is used, however, Freeze will deploy counter-measures (usually involving him freezing whatever you used to attack him). If the player doesn't leave any footprint or breaks the line of sight between him and Freeze, he will occasionally send out heat-seeking drones that will bombard Batman once they discover his location. If Batman destroys these drones with his Batarangs, Freeze will simply go to your location by following the trajectory of your projectiles. If the player destroys ice sculptures of Nora Fries, Freeze will be so enraged that he will go to your location. If you throw a Remote Control Batarang at Freeze, it will make him fire his freeze gun at it. Should the player make Freeze hit the ice sculpture of Nora, he will claim that he is going to end you.
Real Name: Dr. Victor Fries
Dr. Penelope YoungEdit
Psychological Profile: Another surprisingly intelligent inmate. Fries' narcissism and antisocial disorders are surpassed only by his intense fixation on his late wife Nora. His obsession with Nora's memory has developed into a variety of psychopathic behaviors, worsened by his narcissistic egomania and lack of concern for others. Fries's peculiar medical condition - which keeps his body temperature below zero and necessitates a variety of complicated security precautions - only furthers his antisocial tendencies.
Additional Notes: Yet another inmate here at the asylum who was formerly a doctor; certainly an odd pattern.
Treatment is difficult due to the frigid temperatures I am forced to endure in his presence.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
Victor Fries A.K.A. Mr. Freeze
- A scientific genius with a specialty in cryogenics, he also has an expertise in cryonics when he successfully placed his wife into suspended animation without any cellular tissue damage.
- Employs an extensive array of cryogenic weaponry.
- His body has been permanently altered to suppress the body's aging process - becoming immortal - and survive at a sub-freezing state as intense heat can cause massive heat stroke to his frozen metabolism.
- Wears protective freezing armor whenever he's out in an above-zero climate.
- Motivated by his grief and anger over the fate of his wife Nora, he driven by a desperate desire to be reunited with her once more.
- Driven by hatred of GothCorp and Batman, whom he blames for his condition and his wife's predicament.
- Strong hand-to-hand combatant.
- Mister Freeze's Cryo-Suit
- Freeze Blasts
- Freeze Grenades
- Heat-Seeking Drones
Cold Cold HeartEdit
- "Bring me Ferris Boyle."
- "I have no quarrel with you." (Batman)
- "I just require a moment of your time." (Ferris Boyle)
- "Give me Boyle or I'll freeze this entire room!"
- "What's behind this door is of no interest to you!"
- "This will not end well for you, Cobblepot."
- "You got what was promised."
- "I don't want to hurt you, but I will."
- "This was not the deal we made."
- "Now you belong to me." (Ferris Boyle)
- "Threats are meaningless to a man who has lost everything." (Batman)
- "Your body core temperature is running dangerously low, Ferris. All I want is to get Nora and leave."
- "Then join me in my fate... and freeze."
- "You still have time Boyle. Or are you so empty you have nothing to live for?"
- "A few more degrees below zero and we'll see if I need any."
- "Keep stalling and the cold will do it for me."
- "I'm taking my wife. You can't stop me." (Batman)
- "Nothing matters. Do you understand? Nothing but my Nora." (Batman)
- "No. What she wants is to live a long life in the warmth of the sun, her hand in mine." (Nora Fries)
- "But because of him, she'll only feel the icy touch of a man whose emotions run as cold as the blood in his veins!" (Ferris Boyle)
- "Where are the rest of you? Get in here and honor our bargain."
- "We made a deal. Now get in here and find the Batman."
- "Boyle is the real criminal here, Batman. Help me get my wife and no one else needs to get hurt."
- "My wife will have her cure. And not you, not Boyle, not anyone will stop me from finding it."
- "If Boyle had honored our bargain, none of this violence would have been necessary."
- "Can you see that we're alike, Batman? Both doing what we must for what is right?"
- "I won't allow my wife to be subjected to any more tests. Do you understand!?"
- "Do you understand what it's like to have someone taken from you?"
- "This is not your concern. It is between Boyle and me."
- "You should be helping me, Batman, not fighting me."
- "Do you have any idea what Boyle was doing to her!?"
- "I am not leaving without my wife! Do you hear me!?"
- "I am taking Nora. You cannot stop me."
- "You hope to stop me with a cloud of smoke, Batman?" (Smoke Bomb)
- "Your parlor tricks do not affect me, Batman." (Smoke Bomb)
- "Smoke will not mask your heat, Batman." (Smoke Bomb)
- "He's at tank one!"
- "He's targeting the reactors!"
- "He's at tank two!"
- "Do not let him disable the last reactor!"
- "He's at tank three!"
- "Let's see how well you do when the air freezes in your lungs."
- "Now I'll deal with you!"
- "Now! While he's frozen!"
- "He's escaped!"
- "How did he escape?"
- "If this is how you want it to be, so be it."
- "Damn you, Batman, for forcing my hand."
- "You will not stand in my way!"
- "Get him!"
- "You are a nuisance!"
- "Do not disappoint me."
- "That man should have been more careful."
- "This is how the Batman rewards incompetence."
- "I'll box you in, Batman."
- "You are resourceful. I'll give you that."
- "You won't escape that way."
- "Flush him out. I'll do the rest."
- "Search the area."
- "Where are you?"
- "Your technology is inferior Batman."
- "You only anger me."
- "Well, Batman? Come out and do what you came to do."
- "You will not stop me with these toys, Batman." (Batman's gadgets)
- "Soon you'll be trapped in here with me."
- "It will take more than that, Batman."
- "I built this suit with multiple redundancies."
- "Focus, damn you!"
- "Try that again."
- "Find him!"
- "You want to stop me? Then come out of the shadows!"
- "Have you lost your resolve? Mine remains as strong as ever."
- "My patience wears thin."
- "You have forced me to do this!"
- "Do not allow him to escape again."
- "I've got you!"
- "I know you're up there."
- "My suit is resilient, Batman!"
- "Find the source of that noise!"
- "That was the Bat. Find him!"
- "He's given away his position!"
- "He's immobilized!"
- "Do not test my patience."
- "What do you see?"
- "He's right there!"
- "There is no need for this, Batman."
- "There he is."
- "Over here!"
- "Stay right there!"
- "You're running out of hiding spots, Batman."
- "He's here!"
- "He's there!"
- "He's in the open!"
- "You will not hinder me much longer, Batman."
- "I want him found."
- "I'm coming, Nora!"
- "Nora. Hang on!"
- "No! Nora!"
- "No. No!"
- "I should have just killed him-him and the Bat." (Ferris Boyle)
- "Hang on, Nora. I've almost got you."
- "Why didn't I just kill him?" (Ferris Boyle)
- "Please-you can save her. You'll just have to bypass the-" (Ferris Boyle)
- "Forget the clown. I want Cobblepot. He has my suit. My weapons. I'll end him for what he's done to me."
- "You don't understand. I cannot complete my work without it. I must have it. Everything depends on it. Everything."
- "Do I look like a fool? Why would I tell you that?"
- "Leave my wife out of this, Batman. Don't let this situation fool you. We are not friends."
- "No!" (Batman yanks out the coolant)
- "Stop!" (Batman pours out half of the coolant)
- "There's a security override chip I built into the suit to stop anyone using my weapons against me."
- "Why don't you go get the security override and figure out a way to stop him yourself."
- "Where is my suit, Batman? I thought we had a deal."
- "Find my suit, Batman. Without it, I will not help you."
- "I cannot help you without my suit."
- "Have you found my suit? My weapon? I cannot complete your cure without it."
- "Good. You are taking longer than I expected, Batman. Are you not worried that soon you will be too sick to defeat the clown?"
- "You do not look well, Batman. I suggest you hurry and find my suit."
- "Find my suit. Without it, I will not help you and you will die."
- "Where is Cobblepot?"
- "Of course."
- "You will regret what you did, Mr. Cobblepot."
- "There isn't one." (no cure)
- "Perhaps I should elaborate. Creating an antidote to the disease that afflicts the clown was easy. Unfortunately the cure degrades too quickly. It needs a restorative element, some kind of reforming enzyme, without it, it breaks down before it can help the host."
- "Finding a suitable enzyme is not the only problem. It needs to adapted, bonded to human DNA. That will take decades: time it appears you do not have."
- "What man?"
- "Bring him to me. All I need is a sample of his blood. It is your only hope."
- "Then you and the clown are doomed."
- "You are a fool, Batman. You have let your only hope escape."
- "Are you sure this man can provide the missing ingredient?" (Ra's al Ghul)
- "Let us hope you are correct, Batman. After all, your life depends on it."
- "The missing element you suggest is interesting in a purely scientific perspective."
- "The structure of the disease that affects you is complicated."
- "How can this Ra's al Ghul hold the secret to the clown's cure? Batman must have lost his mind."
- "When this is over, the clown will suffer."
- "I will not fail Nora."
- "This is futile."
- "Impressive, Batman. I doubted you would actually return."
- "The formula is complete. The bonding process appears to have been successful."
- "How are feeling? You look unwell."
- "I'm afraid I cannot do that, Batman. You have given me your last order." (Smashes one of the vials in his hand)
- "I think it is. The clown has my wife. Bring her back to me."
- "Oh, I believe I do. You will bring me Nora, or you, will, die!"
- "You are in my world now, Batman. If you will not help me, then you will die!"
- "I see you are attempting to use my weapons against me. Do you really think I will allow that?" (Freeze Gun Override)
- "I allowed you to use the override system to stop Penguin. You are a fool to think that I would not stop you using it against me." (Freeze Gun Override)
- "You must think I am stupid, Batman. That will not work against me again." (Freeze Gun Override)
- "Try all you like, Batman. The weapon override will work no more." (Freeze Gun Override)
- "Technology will not help you. I can disable it in seconds." (Detective Mode Jammed: New Game Plus)
- "Your detective mode is useless against me." (Detective Mode Jammed: New Game Plus)
- "There is no way you can get close to me now."
- "Your movements are all too easy to track."
- "I can see where you have been, Batman."
- "There you are!"
- "Hide if you wish, Batman. I will find you and end you."
- "The clown will pay for taking my wife."
- "I warned you, Batman, you cannot hide from me."
- "Now, I have your position."
- "Every action you take reveals your location."
- "Thank you for showing me your location."
- "Your actions betray your position."
- "I can see your footprints, Batman. You cannot hide."
- "I can see you. Prepare to die."
- "I have you now, Batman."
- "I see you, Batman."
- "I see you."
- "Get off me!"
- "So you wish to use magnets against me? I do not think so."
- "Hmm, Magnets? They will not help you."
- "I will not allow you to use these against me."
- "This room will be your tomb."
- "You're just making it worse. I will not allow you to insult my wife's memory!"
- "No! You will suffer for that!"
- "That was not wise, Batman!"
- "Nora! No."
- "No! Nora! You will pay for making me do that!"
- "You cannot hide forever, Batman."
- "Where have you gone?"
- "Where are you?"
- "I have you now."
- "I can evolve my strategies. Can you?"
- "Where did you...?"
- "I learn from my mistakes, Batman. Do you?"
- "You are too noisy, Batman. You will regret that mistake." (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "I believed you to be quiet. I was wrong." (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "You should make less noise." (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "I hear you, Batman!" (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "This is my world, Batman. You can do nothing to me that I cannot better."
- "You cannot hide in the cold, Batman. This world is mine."
- "I will not succumb to that strategy a second time."
- "That was the last time you use that against me."
- "That is the last time that will work on me."
- "Your aerial advantage has ended, Batman."
- "The sky is no longer yours."
- "This is not going to work a second time, Batman."
- "That strategy will never work again."
- "That strategy ends here."
- "The heat of your footprints betrays you."
- "Your body heat will betray you."
- "I understand your strategies, Batman. I will defeat them all."
- "Do not underestimate me, Batman. You will not do that again."
- "Pathetic. I can destroy anything you would use against me."
- "I will not allow you to do that again!"
- "I have you now, Batman."
- "What? How?"
- "I can see where you have been, Batman."
- "AH! NO!"
- "What is that sound?" (Line Launcher)
- "What is that noise?" (Line Launcher)
- "I was foolish to not recognize that sound before. I will not make the same mistake again." (Line Launcher)
- "You should invest in gadgets that do not give away your position." (Line Launcher)
- "I recognize that sound. I know what you are trying to do." (Line Launcher)
- "I wondered what was making that sound. Now I know." (Line Launcher)
- "I can hear what you're doing." (Line Launcher)
- "That sound again." (Line Launcher)
- "That will not happen again."
- "You are not safe. I will find you."
- "I do not have time for children's games."
- "You will not escape from me, Batman."
- "Did you feel that, Batman? It was nothing. Next time I will destroy you."
- "You are mine."
- "There is no where to hide, Batman!"
- "You cannot hide from me!"
- "I will turn your blood to ice!"
- "I know where you are."
- "I will flush you out!"
- "Feel the cold."
- "Please, find Nora. She's all I have left."
- "It's over." That was all I could manufacture."
- "Then what are you waiting for? Go and get it back. The clown must pay for what he has done to us."
- "Perhaps I can help."
- "I've been working on a new projectile system. Maybe these will provide the edge you need."
- "Please, find my wife."
- "I managed to track Nora down to somewhere in this area. Please find her for me Batman."
- "You said you would find my beautiful Nora. I should not have trusted you."
- "I knew you were lying. My wife will die and you will be to blame."
- "Nora! Where is she?"
- "Thank you, Batman. I doubted you. I am sorry."
- "I am preparing a solution to remedy whatever damage the clown has caused my beautiful Nora."
- "Thank you for finding Nora."
- "I will fix you, Nora. I cannot live another day knowing this is your fate."
- "My beautiful wife. I am so sorry for all that has happened."
- "You are safe now, Nora. I will not leave you again."
- "Thank you, Batman. I am sorry I doubted you."
- "Is she not beautiful? Like a flower, frozen in time."
- "I owe you a debt, Batman."
- "Thank you for this."
- "Yes. My beautiful Nora is now safe." (Catwoman)
- "Leave me with my wife, Catwoman."
Game Over LinesEdit
Batman: Arkham Origins Cold Cold HeartEdit
- "The thought of killing a man should turn my stomach, but as I look at you now... I feel nothing."
- "And now your blood runs as cold as mine."
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
- "I will turn your blood to ice."
- "Death is cold, Batman."
Batman: Arkham KnightEdit
Batman: Arkham Origins Cold Cold HeartEdit
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
Batman: Arkham KnightEdit
- Mr. Freeze appeared in the DLC Cold, Cold Heart for Arkham Origins. It involved him interrupting the "Humanitarian of the Year Awards" at Wayne Manor on New Years Eve. This DLC focused on Freeze's origin story as told in Batman: The Animated Series. The DLC was cancelled for the Wii U.
- According to the developers for Arkham Origins, the Cold, Cold Heart DLC was made because the winter setting for Arkham Origins made it a good opportunity for Mr. Freeze to have an appearance, yet he couldn't be included in the main game because his overall role and nature (a man desperate to save his loved one) did not fit the overall mood and plot of the game (dealing with eight assassins after Batman's head, and the rise of the Joker).
- Mr. Freeze in both Arkham City and Cold, Cold Heart was voiced by Maurice LaMarche, although in a notably different manner. In Arkham City, his voice was similar to that of Cyrus Pinkney. In Cold, Cold Heart, his voice sounded very harsh and stern.
- While beating Freeze down in Arkham City, it is subtly implied that Joker's blood started to affect Batman because while punching Freeze he hallucinated Joker's face instead of Freeze's, a similar thing happened in Arkham Knight when Batman was beating the Knight down and saw Joker.
- Mr. Freeze's cell, which is in the same wing as Arkham's most deranged cases, can be seen in Extreme Incarceration at the Penitentiary in Arkham Asylum, and can be scanned to unlock his bio, which revealed that he had escaped prior to the game.
- In Dr. Young's notes, Penguin wrote his signature to only state that there was an alliance, presumably the alliance they made during the Cold, Cold Heart DLC.
- Also, in Freeze's profile pic for Dr. Young's notes, his design (and the design of his cryo-gun) closely resemble that of his design in Batman: The Animated Series.
- There was a glitch when fighting Freeze. If he sees you with a railing in front of him, he will attempt to walk to you, but will run into the rails. He will continue walking in that direction and will not move at all. The only way to snap him out of his trance is to hit him with something either beside or behind him.
- Although Mr. Freeze is generally an antagonist in the game, he also serves as an ally to Batman as he develops the cure to the disease and gives him the Freeze Blasts. This reflects his status of being an anti-hero rather than a full on villain.
- This is similar to Catwoman's role in the game as she, too, helps Batman without being his actual ally.
- This is also similar to Poison Ivy's role in the series. In Arkham Asylum she tells Batman where to find the plant that will complete the TITAN antidote, in Arkham City she helps Catwoman break into Hugo Strange's vault, and in Arkham Knight she saves Gotham by helping Batman fight the Cloudburst, sacrificing herself for the good of Gotham.
- When you complete Nora's side mission and go back to Freeze, his visor will still be broken from the boss fight. But when you go to him at Nora's location and encounter him again, his visor is fixed. It could be possible that Freeze fixed his visor between his appearances (or had a spare helmet).
- Once Freeze has been notified of Nora's location, you will actually be able to see a trail of ice made over the water which leads from the back entrance of the GCPD to the warehouse where Nora is being kept.
- His freeze gun ended up in the GCPD evidence room, where it would be used by Aaron Cash and other officers to make ice cream until they were caught by Gordon.
- During Scarecrow and the militia's assault on the GCPD, the two officers guarding the evidence room will bicker over who gets to use the Freeze Gun to fight the militia.
- This is, so far, the only version of Mr. Freeze to have a secondary method of maintain his body temperature below freezing point without needing his suit.