|Full Name||Dr. Victor Fries|
|Occupation||Cryogenicist (Formerly), College Teacher (Formerly), Professional Criminal (Formerly)|
|Base of Operations||Gotham City
|Affiliations||Nora Fries, Batman, Ferris Boyle (Formerly),
|Hair||None (Formerly Brown)
White (Arkham Knight)
|Height||6ft. 3in.; 6ft. 7in. (Armored)|
|Voice Actor||Maurice LaMarche|
|First Appearance||BATMAN #121 (February 1959)|
Victor Fries was a brilliant cryogenicist whose beloved wife, Nora, was stricken with a fatal degenerative disease. Fries placed Nora in suspended animation while he obsessively searched for a way to cure her, but the corporation that funded his research - and Nora's life - pulled the plug, and triggered an accident that transformed Fries' body into a cold-blooded form that was always kept below zero temperature. At normal room temperature, he would die.
While wielding a number of cryogenic weapons, Freeze wore protective armor on his quest to bring back his lovely wife and avenge her fate - which he partly held Batman responsible for.
Victor Fries began his interest in cryonics at a young age. As a child, he froze over a dozen of his neighbors' pets in an attempt to cure them of their sickness, and fully intended to revive all of them later. When he was caught, Fries was sent to reform school and was disowned by his parents.
Fries eventually began a career in cryogenics at GothCorp. He later met a woman named Nora, with whom he fell in love with and later married.
Nora was eventually diagnosed with a terminal illness known as Huntington's Chorea with no known cure. Later, Fries was hired by Ferris Boyle, the CEO of GothCorp. Boyle wanted Fries to help advance the secret cryoweapons program within GothCorp, with Fries as the leader of the project. In exchange, Ferris agreed to help devote GothCorp resources to finding a cure for Nora’s malady. However, Ferris was more interested in how Victor had managed to put Nora into cryostasis. Boyle convinced Fries to keep working on the weapons program by promising to find a cure for Nora's illness. When Victor realized that Boyle did not have any intention of following through on their deal, he decided to research a cure himself without his help. When Ferris found out about this, he threatened to cease Fries' activities and pull the plug, which meant ending Nora's life. With the help of two guards, Boyle proceeded to assault Fries. In the middle of the struggle, Fries was pushed by Boyle into his own experimental cryo-cannon which froze a guard and caused a container of cryogenic fluid to explode and empty its contents on him and the other guard. The liquid transformed his and the guard's metabolism into a cold-blooded form. Boyle managed to escape the scene unharmed and placed the lab under quarantine. The other guard tried to flee, but died of heat stroke upon exiting the hyper-cooled lab due to his mutated state. Fries, however, managed to build a suit that would keep him alive in normal temperatures.
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Mr. Freeze was missing from the events of Arkham Origins that took place on Christmas Eve. However, Freeze was active for an unspecified time prior to his actions taken during Cold, Cold Heart on New Year's Eve. During that period, Victor put Nora into cryostasis to buy himself the time required to develop a cure for her terminal illness, Huntington's Chorea. Boyle approached Fries and worked out a deal: Fries would create cryogenic technology (mostly weapons) for GothCorp, and in exchange, Boyle would devote GothCorp resources to finding a cure for Nora. However, even as Victor held up his end of the deal, Boyle kept stalling on his. Victor eventually realized that Boyle was more interested in how he put Nora into cryostasis, which made him forget about their deal, and decided to do the research himself.
In response, Boyle and two guards attacked Fries in his lab and abducted Nora. In the struggle, Boyle knocked over a cryo-cannon, which froze one of the guards and hit a large container of cryogenic chemicals. The sudden pressure change caused the container to explode, and released a plume of chemicals that doused Victor and remaining guard. Boyle managed to escape the plume and fled the lab. The guard tried to flee also, but upon leaving the supercooled lab, he suffered heat stroke and died at the doorway.
Victor witnessed the guard's death, and he realized that the chemical that he had been exposed to had changed his metabolism, and as a result, he would have to keep his body temperature at subzero in order to survive. Inside the lab, Victor constructed a makeshift cryosuit out of prototype parts in order to survive. It was noticeably less advanced than the suit Freeze had in Arkham City, as he built it out of spare parts in the lab and not the technology that he created years later.
Cold, Cold Heart IncidentEdit
Freeze arrived with Penguin's Henchmen, attacked civilians at Wayne Manor in the Ballroom at the Wayne Humanitarian of the Year Awards Ceremony on New Years Eve, and demanded that Ferris Boyle be brought to him. While Batman was able to keep Ferris safe for the most part, he encountered Freeze, who was able to freeze him, abduct Boyle, and escape. Batman followed him, and discovered along the way, that Freeze had equipped some of Penguin's men with cryonic weaponry. While Batman was trying to track down Freeze, he was able to find out that Freeze had struck a deal with the Penguin: he supplied Penguin and his men with weapons, and Penguin got him and Boyle into GothCorp. Once In GothCorp, the deal went sour. Penguin believed that Freeze was holding out on him due to Freeze's refusal to allow him into a certain section of the lab (in reality, it was a chamber that housed Nora). At that moment, Batman arrived to see a firefight between Penguin, his henchmen, and Freeze. Batman dropped down and picked off the two snipers, and while Penguin's henchmen were distracted, Freeze froze them all, retook Boyle, and created a wall of ice behind him, although not before he told the vigilante that his threats meant nothing to him as he "lost everything." Batman not only required his XE Suit (Extreme Environment Batsuit), but also a cryo-drill to break through the ice wall. The drill also needed a coolant that was developed by Victor Fries. In the abandoned lab, Batman finally discovered the truth about Freeze's transformation and found the coolant that was the same substance that Freeze used in his suit.
Batman returned to GothCorp with the cryo-drill and was able to access the chamber after he broke through the ice wall. After Batman fought through Penguin's henchmen and overloaded the cryo-generators, he and Freeze began a battle around the lab. Freeze's makeshift armor was too strong for Batman to damage conventionally, but he was able to find multiple ways to hurt him and disable the propellant tank on his suit. Their fight was interrupted by an alert that signaled that Nora's pod began to fail. Freeze flash-froze the room before he returned to Nora in order to fix the problem, and Batman was able to attack him from below as well as he activated his Thermal Gloves to break his dome and took him down.
However, as he incapacitated Freeze, Boyle freed himself and used the ruptured pipes in the room to freeze Batman, who pushed Victor out of the way. Ferris then snapped off a pipe from Freeze's suit and began to beat him to death, while he cruelly gloated that he could watch Nora die first and then him. Batman was able to free himself, however, and knocked Ferris out with two punches and told the corrupt CEO to " take a seat, humanitarian" in disgust. He administered the coolant to Freeze, and fixed Nora's pod, and thus, saved her life. Batman told Victor that while he couldn't give him peace, he could give him justice.
It could be theorized that while Batman did indeed save both Nora and Freeze in the end, he stopped Freeze from rescuing her and escaping, something that Alfred pointed out when Bruce realized that her restoration was Freeze's only goal. The GCPD picked up Victor, and because of his condition, they did not put him in Blackgate Prison, so instead, they put him in Arkham Asylum when it reopened, and Nora was sent to Wayne Enterprises.
Assault on Arkham IncidentEdit
Freeze's Freeze Gun was found in the prisoner storage section of Arkham Asylum by Killer Frost and King Shark. Killer Frost attempted to use the Freeze Gun to kill Batman, but she failed. It was unknown when Freeze had constructed this version of the gun, as it was a stylized version of the one seen in Arkham City.
Road to Arkham Incident Edit
Sometime before the Joker's control of Arkham Asylum started, Freeze escaped from his cell and fled Arkham Island. Exactly how and when he did this was unknown. Other villains who escaped the island with Freeze before the chaos were: The Ventriloquist, Penguin, Calendar Man, Catwoman, Black Mask, Firefly, Riddler, Great White Shark, Ratcatcher, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Humpty Dumpty, and Maxie Zeus.
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Freeze's cell, which was in the same wing as Arkham's most deranged cases, could be seen in Extreme Incarceration at the Penitentiary in Batman: Arkham Asylum, and could be scanned to unlock his biography.
Between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City IncidentEdit
Freeze was blackmailed by the Joker to find a cure for his Titan Illness. Freeze was easily able to develop a cure for the disease, but he found that it degraded too quickly to be used, and required a restorative enzyme. Freeze was going to continue his research only to be manipulated into submission by Hugo Strange, stripped of his suit and weapons, and handed over to the Penguin. Freeze and his suit were displayed separately in Penguin's War Room and the Armory respectively. Penguin also stole Freeze's Freeze Gun for his own amusement.
Arkham City IncidentEdit
Batman got Freeze his suit and his freeze gun back and brought him the Penguin. Freeze got revenge by stepping on the Penguin's broken hand, only eased up when Batman told him to stop, and locked the Penguin in one of his own display cases. Batman asked for the cure, but Freeze explained that it was too unstable for use. Batman realized that he needed to get the restorative element the cure required: a sample of blood from Ra's al Ghul. Freeze returned to the old GCPD Building at Amusement Mile while Batman went after Ra's.
After Batman recovered the blood sample, Freeze was able to complete the cure and quickly locked it away in his safe. Batman demanded the cure, but Freeze refused, and destroyed one of the two vials of the cure. He informed Batman that Joker had Nora and Freeze ordered Batman to bring Nora back to him, and launched a full-scale attack against Batman. Batman was able to defeat Freeze and smashed the protective dome around his head to punch him, but stopped after a Joker hallucination from the poison.
When Batman attempted to retrieve the cure, however, he discovered that Harley Quinn was able to break into the safe and stole the other vial. Batman pursued her, at the insistence of Freeze, and agreed to also look for Nora. In exchange, Freeze gave Batman some Freeze Blasts that he had developed to help him break into the Steel Mill. Batman quickly found Nora in Warehouse 5B in the Falcone Shipping Yard at the Industrial District of Joker's Funland, informed Victor of her location, and reunited husband and wife. Freeze later appeared at the warehouse where Batman appealed to him to quit the life of crime and to focus on his wife.
After Arkham City IncidentEdit
It could be assumed that after the evacuation and shut down of Arkham City, Freeze was taken to a temporary holding cell while his wife was taken back to his lab.
Before Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Freeze took Batman's advice to leave the criminal world and focus on his wife's cure, and set sail on her namesake ship. After months of work, Freeze was finally close to a cure, only a few days away. Scarecrow, however, still wanted Freeze to help in his final assault on Gotham City, and wanted him to personally kill Batman. Freeze refused the offer, and chose instead, to focus on the cure. In retaliation, Scarecrow sent the Militia to kidnap Nora. In the attack, the ship's Cryo-Generator was damaged, and Victor was forced to stay on board and repair it rather than going after Nora and risk losing the cure.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
When Batman arrived, Freeze pointed his new wrist freeze gun at Batman, and blamed him for the Militia kidnapping his wife. Batman told Freeze to do it if he trusted them. Freeze stood down and begged for Batman's help, and, in the process, made it clear that he blamed him for his current crisis. Freeze gave Batman a device that could lead him to Nora's cryo-chamber before he returned to his work.
While Batman was out searching, Freeze continued his attempts to repair the generator before it could detonate until he was distracted by a call from Batman that alerted him that Nora was awake. In a panic, Victor left his station and inadvertently allowed the generator to release a wave of cold across the nearby island, which flash froze it. The Militia took advantage of the newly frozen bay by launching a colossal assault on the ship. Working together with Nora in tow, Batman and Freeze were able to slow the siege, but were quickly overwhelmed. Freeze then had to make a choice: Allow the generator to explode and take out the Militia, but lose his cure and all of his work in the process, or let himself and Nora be killed by the Militia then and there. Victor detonated the generator, at Nora's request.
With the siege over and his life's work gone, Victor begged Nora to let him freeze her again so he could resume his search for a cure. Nora explained that she would rather live out the rest of her days with Victor than be frozen for another decade, and be unable to do anything but witness her husband's descent into villainy and madness. Victor realized that she was correct, agreed, and the two vowed to spend their few remaining days together.
Victor and Nora were last seen holding hands on the bow of the ship, and their time in Gotham was over.
Even as a child, Victor Fries was obsessed with cryogenics and was something of a disturbed boy as he froze his neighbors' pets and would defrost them once he cured their sickness. In his adult years, Victor began a career in cryogenics at GothCorp where he met Nora whom he fell deeply in love with and later wed. Tragically, however, Nora was diagnosed with Hunnington's Chorea. With no cure, Victor obsessed over finding one until Ferris Boyle, the CEO of GothCorp presented him with a deal: Victor would create cryogenic weapons for GothCorp, and, in return, Boyle would dedicate to finding a cure for Nora's disease. However, once Freeze discovered that Boyle had no intention of following on their deal, he committed company espionage and would cure Nora himself. Once Boyle discovered that, he was enraged and that caused a fatal accident which supposedly killed Fries.
Unbeknownst to Boyle, however, Victor survived and returned as Mr. Freeze, a professional criminal who couldn't survive outside of a sub-zero temperature. After his transformation, Freeze became ruthless and vengeful and displayed psychopathic behavior. One of Freeze's most obvious traits was his blatant disregard of human life and disregard of others. Freeze had no qualms about killing innocent people if they were in his way to get revenge on Boyle. Freeze still loved Nora (whom he put into cryo-stasis) and searched for her cure.
After his transformation, Freeze took up sadistic tendencies, the most obvious one was in Arkham City when Victor crushed Penguin's broken hand as payback for imprisoning him in his Museum.
Another person Freeze held a fatal grudge against was Batman, whom he partially blamed for his wife's condition. However, in Arkham City, the two worked together to manufacture a cure for the Titan Disease, but once Joker threatened Nora, Freeze betrayed and attacked Batman. They both made peace once again when Batman returned Freeze's wife to him. Since that, Freeze laid low and possibly gave up his criminal career.
In Arkham Knight, Victor lost most of his aggressive personality. However, needless to say, his ruthless protection over Nora remained intact as he was able to freeze the Militia soldiers that attacked his ship without so much a second thought. Victor was also prepared to attack Batman to deliver him to the Militia in exchange for his wife. However, Victor did not trust them, so instead, he allowed Batman to help him find her. In the end, Victor was able to do one last heroic deed: put aside his selfish wants of curing Nora and detonated her Cryo-chamber which was able to destroy the Militia's tanks. After that, Nora (who finally woke up from cryo-stasis), and Victor left Gotham to spend their final days together.
Physical Appearance Edit
In Arkham Origins, Freeze appeared as his skin was altered into a cold blooded form that was caused by the tank that exploded. He wore a super cooled survival suit that kept his coolant subzero temperature to survive and powered up with super coolant in his suit. On his suit, Freeze had a cryo coolant tank that was located on the back, and he had a right-handed cryo cannon which was connected to his suit that fired, a protective dome over his head, and had a GothCorp logo on his suit. Freeze wore red lens thermal goggles that he used to scan for targets.
In Arkham City, Freeze appeared without his suit on after being captured the Penguin and his men and put in a display case in the War Room at the Museum. Freeze had a chemical coolant in his chest that kept him alive and wore black cryo pants and boots with coolant tubes that connected to the coolant. Freeze wore a new high-tech metallic freeze suit with technology and weaponized cryo equipment and held a newer and advanced cryogenic freeze ray. Freeze wore a protective dome around his head and wore a new set of high-tech red thermal goggles that scanned for targets. His frostbitten fingers are pitch-black and his ears have been reduced to stubs.
In Arkham Knight, Freeze constructed a newer and sleeker suit, that resembled a hazmat suit with far less bulk than previous versions. However, the most unique feature of Freeze's new suit were his gauntlets, which contained his freeze weapon technology that enabled him to fire beams of ice from his hands; he no longer had his iconic Freeze Gun as it was turned in to the GCPD after Arkham City. Those new Freeze Rays appeared to be incredibly powerful, and were able to destroy Militia tanks and froze stronger ones. Freeze also retained his thermal goggles. They resembled a pair of heavily-modified welding goggles, the lenses flipped down and activated when Freeze was in danger rather than having him wear them all the time, and they flipped up and deactivated once he was out of danger.
Cold, Cold Heart Fight:
In the end of the DLC story, Batman and Freeze battled inside GothCorp in a cooling chamber where Nora was locked up. Like in Arkham City, direct attacks won't work on Freeze, so instead the player must use their predator skills to fight him, although, due to the icy environment, only a few options are available:
- Perform a Silent Takedown from behind (it was best to use this Takedown as a way to start the battle since Freeze started to leak cryogenic fluid which froze Batman and anyone who got near him)
- Perform a Corner Takedown
- Perform a Weak Wall Takedown
- Perform an Explosive Gel Takedown
- Perform a Vent Takedown
- Perform a Tightrope Takedown
- Perform a Zipline Takedown
- Use the Thermocharged Batarang to drop a stalactite on top of him (this is the easiest method to defeat since he will not be able to track Batman down or freeze him if you fail to drop it on top of him).
Once Freeze has lost enough life, a warning signal will state that Nora's Cryopod is losing power, Freeze will turn his attention to her and the player will simply have to get under Freeze for the final Takedown.
Arkham City Fight:
The battle with Freeze takes place in the GCPD lab. Freeze again cannot be attacked directly, and instead must be weakened by using the following methods:
- Perform a Silent Takedown
- Perform a Reverse Ledge Takedown
- Perform a Takedown through a glass window or a glass ceiling
- Destroy a weak wall as he walks past it with the Explosive Gel.
- Use the Disruptor to disable his freeze gun.
- Activate magnets with the Remote Electrical Charge.
- Strike him from behind while riding the Line Launcher.
- Land on top of him using the Drop Attack or the Glide Kick.
- Perform a Takedown from a floor grate.
- Activate the electrical current between the two frayed wires on top of the icy floor.
- Destroy a glass ceiling as he walks under it with the Explosive Gel.
- Perform a Ledge Takedown.
Once Freeze is weakened, Batman must perform a Beatdown and start again. Every time a strategy is used, however, Freeze will deploy counter-measures (usually involving him freezing whatever you used to attack him). If the player doesn't leave any footprint or breaks the line of sight between him and Freeze, he will occasionally send out heat-seeking drones that will bombard Batman once they discover his location. If Batman destroys these drones with his Batarangs, Freeze will simply go to your location by following the trajectory of your projectiles. If the player destroys ice sculptures of Nora Fries, Freeze will be so enraged that he will go to your location. If you throw a Remote Control Batarang at Freeze, it will make him fire his freeze gun at it. Should the player make Freeze hit the ice sculpture of Nora, he will claim that he is going to end you.
Real Name: Dr. Victor Fries
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Dr. Penelope YoungEdit
Psychological Profile: Another surprisingly intelligent inmate. Fries' narcissism and antisocial disorders are surpassed only by his intense fixation on his late wife Nora. His obsession with Nora's memory has developed into a variety of psychopathic behaviors, worsened by his narcissistic egomania and lack of concern for others. Fries's peculiar medical condition - which keeps his body temperature below zero and necessitates a variety of complicated security precautions - only furthers his antisocial tendencies.
Additional Notes: Yet another inmate here at the asylum who was formerly a doctor; certainly an odd pattern.
Treatment is difficult due to the frigid temperatures I am forced to endure in his presence.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
Victor Fries A.K.A. Mr. Freeze
- Genius-level intelligence.
- Gifted cryogenicist specialized in cryogenics and cryonics.
- Employs an extensive array of cryogenic weaponry.
- His body has been permanently altered to survive at a sub-freezing state.
- Aging process is permanently altered to a decelerated range.
- Wears protective freezing armor whenever he's out in an above-zero climate.
- Super-cooled armor grants him superhuman strength and durability.
- Motivated by his grief and anger over the fate of his wife Nora.
- Driven by hatred of GothCorp and Batman, whom he blames for his condition and his wife's predicament.
- Strong hand-to-hand combatant.
- Mister Freeze's Cryo-Suit
- Freeze Blasts
- Freeze Grenades
- Heat-Seeking Drones
Cold Cold HeartEdit
- "Bring me Ferris Boyle."
- "I have no quarrel with you." (Batman)
- "I just require a moment of your time." (Ferris Boyle)
- "Give me Boyle or I'll freeze this entire room!"
- "What's behind this door is of no interest to you!"
- "This will not end well for you, Cobblepot."
- "You got what was promised."
- "I don't want to hurt you, but I will."
- "This was not the deal we made."
- "Now you belong to me." (Ferris Boyle)
- "Threats are meaningless to a man who has lost everything." (Batman)
- "Your body core temperature is running dangerously low, Ferris. All I want is to get Nora and leave."
- "Then join me in my fate... and freeze."
- "You still have time Boyle. Or are you so empty you have nothing to live for?"
- "A few more degrees below zero and we'll see if I need any."
- "Keep stalling and the cold will do it for me."
- "I'm taking my wife. You can't stop me." (Batman)
- "Nothing matters. Do you understand? Nothing but my Nora." (Batman)
- "No. What she wants is to live a long life in the warmth of the sun, her hand in mine." (Nora Fries)
- "But because of him, she'll only feel the icy touch of a man whose emotions run as cold as the blood in his veins!" (Ferris Boyle)
- "Where are the rest of you? Get in here and honor our bargain."
- "We made a deal. Now get in here and find the Batman."
- "Boyle is the real criminal here, Batman. Help me get my wife and no one else needs to get hurt."
- "My wife will have her cure. And not you, not Boyle, not anyone will stop me from finding it."
- "If Boyle had honored our bargain, none of this violence would have been necessary."
- "Can you see that we're alike, Batman? Both doing what we must for what is right?"
- "I won't allow my wife to be subjected to any more tests. Do you understand!?"
- "Do you understand what it's like to have someone taken from you?"
- "This is not your concern. It is between Boyle and me."
- "You should be helping me, Batman, not fighting me."
- "Do you have any idea what Boyle was doing to her!?"
- "I am not leaving without my wife! Do you hear me!?"
- "I am taking Nora. You cannot stop me."
- "You hope to stop me with a cloud of smoke, Batman?" (Smoke Bomb)
- "Your parlor tricks do not affect me, Batman." (Smoke Bomb)
- "Smoke will not mask your heat, Batman." (Smoke Bomb)
- "He's at tank one!"
- "He's targeting the reactors!"
- "He's at tank two!"
- "Do not let him disable the last reactor!"
- "He's at tank three!"
- "Let's see how well you do when the air freezes in your lungs."
- "Now I'll deal with you!"
- "Now! While he's frozen!"
- "He's escaped!"
- "How did he escape?"
- "If this is how you want it to be, so be it."
- "Damn you, Batman, for forcing my hand."
- "You will not stand in my way!"
- "Get him!"
- "You are a nuisance!"
- "Do not disappoint me."
- "That man should have been more careful."
- "This is how the Batman rewards incompetence."
- "I'll box you in, Batman."
- "You are resourceful. I'll give you that."
- "You won't escape that way."
- "Flush him out. I'll do the rest."
- "Search the area."
- "Where are you?"
- "Your technology is inferior Batman."
- "You only anger me."
- "Well, Batman? Come out and do what you came to do."
- "You will not stop me with these toys, Batman." (Batman's gadgets)
- "Soon you'll be trapped in here with me."
- "It will take more than that, Batman."
- "I built this suit with multiple redundancies."
- "Focus, damn you!"
- "Try that again."
- "Find him!"
- "You want to stop me? Then come out of the shadows!"
- "Have you lost your resolve? Mine remains as strong as ever."
- "My patience wears thin."
- "You have forced me to do this!"
- "Do not allow him to escape again."
- "I've got you!"
- "I know you're up there."
- "My suit is resilient, Batman!"
- "Find the source of that noise!"
- "That was the Bat. Find him!"
- "He's given away his position!"
- "He's immobilized!"
- "Do not test my patience."
- "What do you see?"
- "He's right there!"
- "There is no need for this, Batman."
- "There he is."
- "Over here!"
- "Stay right there!"
- "You're running out of hiding spots, Batman."
- "He's here!"
- "He's there!"
- "He's in the open!"
- "You will not hinder me much longer, Batman."
- "I want him found."
- "I'm coming, Nora!"
- "Nora. Hang on!"
- "No! Nora!"
- "No. No!"
- "I should have just killed him-him and the Bat." (Ferris Boyle)
- "Hang on, Nora. I've almost got you."
- "Why didn't I just kill him?" (Ferris Boyle)
- "Please-you can save her. You'll just have to bypass the-" (Ferris Boyle)
- "Forget the clown. I want Cobblepot. He has my suit. My weapons. I'll end him for what he's done to me."
- "You don't understand. I cannot complete my work without it. I must have it. Everything depends on it. Everything."
- "Do I look like a fool? Why would I tell you that?"
- "Leave my wife out of this, Batman. Don't let this situation fool you. We are not friends."
- "No!" (Batman yanks out the coolant)
- "Stop!" (Batman pours out half of the coolant)
- "There's a security override chip I built into the suit to stop anyone using my weapons against me."
- "Why don't you go get the security override and figure out a way to stop him yourself."
- "Where is my suit, Batman? I thought we had a deal."
- "Find my suit, Batman. Without it, I will not help you."
- "I cannot help you without my suit."
- "Have you found my suit? My weapon? I cannot complete your cure without it."
- "Good. You are taking longer than I expected, Batman. Are you not worried that soon you will be too sick to defeat the clown?"
- "You do not look well, Batman. I suggest you hurry and find my suit."
- "Find my suit. Without it, I will not help you and you will die."
- "Where is Cobblepot?"
- "Of course."
- "You will regret what you did, Mr. Cobblepot."
- "There isn't one." (no cure)
- "Perhaps I should elaborate. Creating an antidote to the disease that afflicts the clown was easy. Unfortunately the cure degrades too quickly. It needs a restorative element, some kind of reforming enzyme, without it, it breaks down before it can help the host."
- "Finding a suitable enzyme is not the only problem. It needs to adapted, bonded to human DNA. That will take decades: time it appears you do not have."
- "What man?"
- "Bring him to me. All I need is a sample of his blood. It is your only hope."
- "Then you and the clown are doomed."
- "You are a fool, Batman. You have let your only hope escape."
- "Are you sure this man can provide the missing ingredient?" (Ra's al Ghul)
- "Let us hope you are correct, Batman. After all, your life depends on it."
- "The missing element you suggest is interesting in a purely scientific perspective."
- "The structure of the disease that affects you is complicated."
- "How can this Ra's al Ghul hold the secret to the clown's cure? Batman must have lost his mind."
- "When this is over, the clown will suffer."
- "I will not fail Nora."
- "This is futile."
- "Impressive, Batman. I doubted you would actually return."
- "The formula is complete. The bonding process appears to have been successful."
- "How are feeling? You look unwell."
- "I'm afraid I cannot do that, Batman. You have given me your last order." (Smashes one of the vials in his hand)
- "I think it is. The clown has my wife. Bring her back to me."
- "Oh, I believe I do. You will bring me Nora, or you, will, die!"
- "You are in my world now, Batman. If you will not help me, then you will die!"
- "I see you are attempting to use my weapons against me. Do you really think I will allow that?" (Freeze Gun Override)
- "I allowed you to use the override system to stop Penguin. You are a fool to think that I would not stop you using it against me." (Freeze Gun Override)
- "You must think I am stupid, Batman. That will not work against me again." (Freeze Gun Override)
- "Try all you like, Batman. The weapon override will work no more." (Freeze Gun Override)
- "Technology will not help you. I can disable it in seconds." (Detective Mode Jammed: New Game Plus)
- "Your detective mode is useless against me." (Detective Mode Jammed: New Game Plus)
- "There is no way you can get close to me now."
- "Your movements are all too easy to track."
- "I can see where you have been, Batman."
- "There you are!"
- "Hide if you wish, Batman. I will find you and end you."
- "The clown will pay for taking my wife."
- "I warned you, Batman, you cannot hide from me."
- "Now, I have your position."
- "Every action you take reveals your location."
- "Thank you for showing me your location."
- "Your actions betray your position."
- "I can see your footprints, Batman. You cannot hide."
- "I can see you. Prepare to die."
- "I have you now, Batman."
- "I see you, Batman."
- "I see you."
- "Get off me!"
- "So you wish to use magnets against me? I do not think so."
- "Hmm, Magnets? They will not help you."
- "I will not allow you to use these against me."
- "This room will be your tomb."
- "You're just making it worse. I will not allow you to insult my wife's memory!"
- "No! You will suffer for that!"
- "That was not wise, Batman!"
- "Nora! No."
- "No! Nora! You will pay for making me do that!"
- "You cannot hide forever, Batman."
- "Where have you gone?"
- "Where are you?"
- "I have you now."
- "I can evolve my strategies. Can you?"
- "Where did you...?"
- "I learn from my mistakes, Batman. Do you?"
- "You are too noisy, Batman. You will regret that mistake." (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "I believed you to be quiet. I was wrong." (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "You should make less noise." (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "I hear you, Batman!" (Glass Ceiling or Window)
- "This is my world, Batman. You can do nothing to me that I cannot better."
- "You cannot hide in the cold, Batman. This world is mine."
- "I will not succumb to that strategy a second time."
- "That was the last time you use that against me."
- "That is the last time that will work on me."
- "Your aerial advantage has ended, Batman."
- "The sky is no longer yours."
- "This is not going to work a second time, Batman."
- "That strategy will never work again."
- "That strategy ends here."
- "The heat of your footprints betrays you."
- "Your body heat will betray you."
- "I understand your strategies, Batman. I will defeat them all."
- "Do not underestimate me, Batman. You will not do that again."
- "Pathetic. I can destroy anything you would use against me."
- "I will not allow you to do that again!"
- "I have you now, Batman."
- "What? How?"
- "I can see where you have been, Batman."
- "AH! NO!"
- "What is that sound?" (Line Launcher)
- "What is that noise?" (Line Launcher)
- "I was foolish to not recognize that sound before. I will not make the same mistake again." (Line Launcher)
- "You should invest in gadgets that do not give away your position." (Line Launcher)
- "I recognize that sound. I know what you are trying to do." (Line Launcher)
- "I wondered what was making that sound. Now I know." (Line Launcher)
- "I can hear what you're doing." (Line Launcher)
- "That sound again." (Line Launcher)
- "That will not happen again."
- "You are not safe. I will find you."
- "I do not have time for children's games."
- "You will not escape from me, Batman."
- "Did you feel that, Batman? It was nothing. Next time I will destroy you."
- "You are mine."
- "There is no where to hide, Batman!"
- "You cannot hide from me!"
- "I will turn your blood to ice!"
- "I know where you are."
- "I will flush you out!"
- "Feel the cold."
- "Please, find Nora. She's all I have left."
- "It's over." That was all I could manufacture."
- "Then what are you waiting for? Go and get it back. The clown must pay for what he has done to us."
- "Perhaps I can help."
- "I've been working on a new projectile system. Maybe these will provide the edge you need."
- "Please, find my wife."
- "I managed to track Nora down to somewhere in this area. Please find her for me Batman."
- "You said you would find my beautiful Nora. I should not have trusted you."
- "I knew you were lying. My wife will die and you will be to blame."
- "Nora! Where is she?"
- "Thank you, Batman. I doubted you. I am sorry."
- "I am preparing a solution to remedy whatever damage the clown has caused my beautiful Nora."
- "Thank you for finding Nora."
- "I will fix you, Nora. I cannot live another day knowing this is your fate."
- "My beautiful wife. I am so sorry for all that has happened."
- "You are safe now, Nora. I will not leave you again."
- "Thank you, Batman. I am sorry I doubted you."
- "Is she not beautiful? Like a flower, frozen in time."
- "I owe you a debt, Batman."
- "Thank you for this."
- "Yes. My beautiful Nora is now safe." (Catwoman)
- "Leave me with my wife, Catwoman."
- "Reroute auxiliary power!"
- "They wanted me to join them. Help fight you. I refused, so they took her."
- "They took Nora. Because of you!"
- "She'll die without my care. But they said they'll return her. In exchange for Batman."
- "Find her, Batman. Please."
- "The cryochamber's power won't last long. You have to get it back here."
- "I'm trusting you, Batman. Please save her."
- "No! NO! This is taking too much time!"
- "Yes. Every second I'm losing her. Please hurry."
- "I think so, can you see her?"
- "Yes...yes of course. Contact me as soon as you find her."
- "Batman, where is she? Have you found her?"
- "No! You have to bring her back..."
- "Don't be afraid. I'll save you..."
- "As soon as you're back, I'll freeze you again..."
- "I will save you, Nora. I'm nearly there. The next round of therapies-"
- "But you're dying, Nora."
- "Batman...cryogenerator...may be salvageable."
- "No! I won't fail her."
- "Batman, stop them! I need time to fix my equipment. It's the only way I can save her."
- "No! I need it for Nora."
- "I love you, Nora."
- "My work, the equipment...it's all gone. I can't save you."
- "Maybe there's another way..."
- "I don't want you to die, Nora."
- "We won't have much time. Days."
Game Over LinesEdit
Batman: Arkham Origins Cold Cold HeartEdit
- "The thought of killing a man should turn my stomach, but as I look at you now... I feel nothing."
- "And now your blood runs as cold as mine."
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
- "I will turn your blood to ice."
- "Death is cold, Batman."
Batman: Arkham KnightEdit
- "Your death won't be for nothing, Batman."
- "I will avenge you, Batman. You would do the same for me."
Batman: Arkham Origins Cold Cold HeartEdit
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
Batman: Arkham KnightEdit
- Mr. Freeze appeared in the DLC, Cold, Cold Heart in Arkham Origins. It involved him interrupting the "Humanitarian of the Year Awards" at Wayne Manor on New Year's Eve. That DLC focused on Freeze's origin story as told in Batman: The Animated Series. The DLC was cancelled for the Wii U.
- According to the developers for Arkham Origins, the Cold, Cold Heart DLC was made because the winter setting for Arkham Origins made it a good opportunity for Mr. Freeze to have an appearance, yet he couldn't be included in the main game because his overall role and nature (a man desperate to save his loved one) did not fit the overall mood and plot of the game (dealing with eight assassins after Batman's head, and the rise of the Joker).
- While beating Freeze down in Arkham City, it was subtly implied that Joker's blood started to affect Batman because while he punched Freeze, he hallucinated Joker's face instead of Freeze's; a similar thing happened in Arkham Knight when Batman was beating the Arkham Knight down and saw Joker.
- Mr. Freeze's cell, which was in the same wing as Arkham's most deranged cases, could be seen in Extreme Incarceration at the Penitentiary in Arkham Asylum, and could be scanned to unlock his bio, which revealed that he had escaped prior to the game.
- In Dr. Young's Notes, Penguin wrote his signature to only state that there was an alliance. It was presumably the alliance that they made during the Cold, Cold Heart DLC.
- Also, in Freeze's profile picture for Dr. Young's Notes, his design (and the design of his cryo-gun) closely resembled that of his design in Batman: The Animated Series.
- There was a glitch when fighting Freeze. If he saw you with a railing in front of him, he attempted to walk to you, but ran into the rails. He continued walking in that direction and did not move at all. The only way to snap him out of his trance was to hit him with something either beside or behind him.
- Although Mr. Freeze was generally an antagonist in the game, he also served as an ally to Batman as he developed the cure to the Titan Disease and gave him the Freeze Blasts. That reflected his status of being an anti-hero rather than a full-on villain. That came full circle in Arkham Knight as he was a supporting protagonist instead of a boss (though he almost threatened to kill Batman at first) since the mission was about helping Nora; and he even provided covering fire during the final tank battle.
- That was similar to Catwoman's role in the game as she, too, helped Batman without being his actual ally.
- That was also similar to Poison Ivy's role in the series. In Arkham Asylum, she told Batman where to find the plant spores that would complete the Titan Antidote, in Arkham City, she helped Catwoman break into the TYGER Confiscated Goods Vault, and in Arkham Knight, she saved Gotham by helping Batman fight the Cloudburst, and sacrificed herself for the good of Gotham.
- When you completed Nora's side mission and went back to Freeze, his visor was still broken from the boss fight. But when you went to Freeze at Nora's location and encountered him again, his visor was fixed. It could be possible that Freeze had fixed his visor between his appearances (or he had a spare helmet).
- Once Freeze was notified of Nora's location, you would actually be able to see a trail of ice made over the water which lead from the back entrance of the old GCPD Building to the warehouse where Nora was being kept.
- Freeze's Freeze Gun ended up in the GCPD Lockup Evidence Room, where it was used by Aaron Cash and the other officers to make ice cream until they were caught by Commissioner Gordon.
- During Scarecrow and the Militia's assault on the GCPD, the two officers guarding the Evidence Room bickered over who got to use the Freeze Gun to fight the Militia.
- That was, so far, the only version of Mr. Freeze to have a secondary method of maintaining his body temperature below freezing point without needing his suit. With the secondary method being a tube of cryo-coolant that was attached to his upper left chest. However, it seemed that it was only a temporary solution and it was unable to support him for long periods of time.
- It was unknown if Freeze knew Batman's identity.
- It's also unknown if Freeze knew about his "death."
- In Arkham Knight, Mr. Freeze's suit had gauntlets that generated ice rays was possibly a nod to the Batman Beyond episode, "Meltdown" in which he donned a suit of armor that also generated ice rays from his wrists.
- Another nod to "Meltdown" could be the fact that it was implied that in In From The Cold, Freeze deliberately let himself be subjected to something that could kill him (In Batman Beyond, he let himself be crushed by mounds of ice after being wounded by Blight, while in Arkham Knight, he unlatched his dome to be alongside Nora, which exposed him to the heat that could kill him to be with her).
- In Arkham Knight, Mr. Freeze's skin appeared to be peeling, which implied that (like it did in The New Batman Adventures) his body was beginning to deteriorate due to his condition.
- In Arkham Knight, instead of mocking him after being dead, Freeze vowed to avenge Batman, unlike the other villains.