Militia Soldiers are the generic foot-soldiers of the Arkham Knight's Militia. They wear red, black and white overalls with military style utility belts and gas masks. They are employed in most combat scenarios and are equipped with weaponry and gadgets suitable for the task. Unlike generic thugs, they are very coordinated and can use equipment such as grenades and drones to neutralize targets.
A generic soldier of the militia is equipped with:
- Black flight-suits with red camouflage and hoods
- Black ballastic vests
- Black knee-high combat boots
- HK G36K assault rifles
- Fragmentation grenades
- Thermometric charges
Some are also equipped with black M50 gas-masks, red berets, and black caps with headpieces over it.
- Soldiers will often utilise firearms or melee weapons in combat. These render the soldier a much larger threat and should be disarmed as soon as possible.
- Unarmed soldiers are not defenceless: they will throw nearby crates and similiar objects at Batman and can use a charge attack that cannot be countered. They will not hesitate to loot weapons off fallen comrades to give them an advantage.
- It is a good idea to check if unarmed soldiers carry grenades late-game with detective mode as this could be exploited with Batman's gadgets during or prior to combat.
- Use these enemies to build up a higher combo rating to unleash powerful attacks on larger threats such as Brutes.
- Boa controller: These soldiers operate dangerous Boa drones that seek out and try to kill Batman. Drone controllers cannot attack and are stationary whilst operating the drone which makes them highly vulnerable to stealth take-downs. Hack their drones and turn them against their owners to gain the advantage.
- Optic camouflage soldier: These soldiers use masking devices that hide them from your radar. As such, the only way to prepare for them is to use the remote batarang to view them or simply trigger their ambush and look for opportunities during combat. They wear silver overalls. Medics retain their red hoods.
- Checkpoint Commander: The highest ranking soldiers that are the targets of militia checkpoint missions. They wear beige and black armour and a communications device and are more aggressive and opportunistic than their lower ranking counterparts. They are also impossible to intimidate and grant this ability to all units under their command. Batman must destroy their radios to complete checkpoint missions.
- Tracker: These soldiers can identify your location if you use detective mode in their presence for a small amount of time. This can be problematic when planning an attack so it would be a good idea to stealth take-down these soldiers first. They wear a tracking device on their backs or on their utility belts.
- Checkpoint commanders can actually be seen outside of checkpoints, on a select few story missions. They do not drop their radios after being knocked out in these circumstances.
- One soldier admits he used to respect Batman back before he was named; he enlisted in the army due to Batman inspiring him. One of his comrades notes the irony in now being hired to kill him.