|Occupation||Expert Martial Artist|
|Base of Operations||North Korea|
|Voice Actor||Kaiji Tang|
|First Appearance||Batman #431 (March 1989)|
Kirigi is a Martial Grandmaster who took Bruce Wayne as a servant and trains him in many fighting styles.
Kirigi is a central character in "Initiation." Before he becomes Batman, Bruce Wayne approaches his dojo and asks Kirigi to train him. Kirigi lets him train with him and his students for a while out of pity and later tests him to see if he is worthy.
After earning Kirigi's respect, he gives Bruce the instructions he seeks. Kirigi was curious as to why Bruce refuses to kill and why he is willing to do almost anything for it. So Kirigi favors Bruce and teaches him things that he has never taught anyone else and thus Bruce becomes one of the best fighters in the dojo.
When his training is complete Bruce heads home to Gotham and Kirigi, still puzzled as to why he refuses to kill, continues training his students. Most of Kirigi's students later become members of the League of Assassins.
Depending on how the player operates Bruce Wayne during this performance, there are three different endings:
- If the player completes the challenge map with less than 9 medals, Kirigi states that Bruce is the best foreigner that he has trained yet it doesn't say much. Kirigi then sends Bruce to get a bucket and broom in order to attend to the latrines.
- If the player completes the challenge map with 9 or more medals, Kirigi is impressed with Bruce's progress yet he still has a lot to learn. For a time being, Kirigi sends Bruce to find a rag and clean the floors.
- If the player completes the challenge map with all 15 medals, Kirigi states to Bruce that he is impressed and he is rarely impressed. Upon telling Bruce that he has gained his dojo's respect and proven himself worthy, Kirigi states that he will be given the information that he seeks. Bruce is sent to the kitchen by Kirigi to prepare tea for him and all of Kirigi's students where there is much to discuss.
- Martial Arts Grandmaster
- Master of Shadow Warrior (Stealth)
- Lethal Vibrating Palm Technique
- Batman: Arkham Origins creative director Eric Holmes said that Kirigi has some affiliation to the League of Assassins. Kirigi has trained several members of the League, but apparently is not a part of the organization.
- Kirigi is one of the Martial Art Masters who trained Bruce Wayne. He is the master of the lethal vibrating Palm Technique and Japanese Ninjutsu.
- He is the only "Leader" who informs the guards when playing as Bruce Wayne. In other maps, nobody is informing the guards when a henchman is taken out.
- "Today, an outsider takes our test of honor to see if he is truly worthy of our training. Out of pity, we let him eat with us, drink with us, train with us. Now we shall see if he is truly one of us. Begin!"
- "The foreigner is full of surprises."
- "There is no room for your self-righteous Western morality here. It will only get in your way."
Game Over Lines
- "Let the outsider die meditating on his failures."
- "You should have stayed at home with your baseball and hotdogs, foreigner."
- "Such a long journey only to be defeated by your own demons."