|Full Name||Waylon Jones|
|Occupation||Alligator Wrestler, Gangster, Murderer|
|Base of Operations||Mobile|
|Height||11 ft 0 in|
|Weight||Batman: Arkham Origins- 485 pounds
Batman: Arkham Asylum- 580 pounds
Batman: Arkham City- 310 pounds
|Voice Actor||Steve Blum (AA, AC, AK)
Khary Payton (AO)
|First Appearance||Batman: #358 (April 1983)|
This came to a tragic end, however, when vicious audience members in Gotham City destroyed the carnival and killed all whom Jones felt affection for. Seeking revenge on all humanity for their crimes, Croc began to devour countless individuals to survive, and became a monster in body and spirit. Driven by hatred and a lust for blood, Croc regularly worked with Gotham's various mob organizations as a brutal and cannibalistic hit-man to satisfy his appetite for violence and money. Seeing all humans as selfish and judgmental sacks of flesh, Jones took orders from anyone who could provide him with money and a larger scope of victims.
He was 28 years old, 10'5, and weighed 485 pounds by the time of Batman's second year at crime fighting.
Born with a rare skin disease that only worsened over time, Waylon Jones was put under the guardianship of his incredibly abusive and alcoholic aunt after his mother died giving birth to him and his father had abandoned him. Brutally abused in his home and relentlessly bullied at school, Waylon accepted his place in society as always being seen as a monster.
As the years went on, Jones's condition would make him more and more into a monster. This would ultimately eradicate any traces of humanity that might have been left as he became a monster in body and spirit. Always seeking his next meal, Croc has never forgotten the scent of Batman and lusted to kill and devour the hero in retribution for his capture at his hands.
Croc is a mutant cannibal, psychopath and misanthrope. He was born with a rare mutation that made his skin appear scale-like, sharp teeth and animal-like features. This caused constant abuse from children and his abusive, alcoholic aunt alike. Due to this, Croc began to understand his place in society as nothing more than a monster and threw away all of his humanity when he murdered and devoured his aunt. After this Jones fled from his home and joined a travelling circus where he joined the freak show and he saw them as a family. However, after the circus was sold and taken to Gotham City, vandals caused an explosion that killed all members of the freak show except for Waylon, who survived the blast due to his abnormally tough skin. With his adopted family gone, Croc left the circus and abandoned whatever remained of his humanity.
Now in his late-twenties, Jones is a brutal gangster who is seen as one of the eight deadliest assassins hired by Black Mask. Using his old days as an alligator wrestler and with his rare mutation he showed an incredible amount of physical strength, able to pick up a full-grown man with just one hand. His scales acts as an armour, and he has shown an increased durability being able to withstand the attacks of Batman, however, bullets wouldn't kill him but they would still graze. He also showed heightened senses and caught Batman's scent. Years later, Jones grew in size and all of his attributes became more powerful, his skin has grown so much that bullets are rendered useless against him, Croc is now too much of a physical match even for Batman.
In Origins, Croc is a violent gangster and like many mobsters he is obsessed with fame and wealth, hired by Black Mask to kill the Batman and collect the bounty of 50,000. His process from man to animal is not complete while he is still strong, he is not as powerful and can still be taken in a fistfight, his skin also isn't as durable to bullets as it will be in the future. Jones showed a very aggressive side, hurtling one of Black Mask's henchman towards a window, possibly killing him for no reason. He also sees himself as his own boss despite him being already employed.
Now late in Batman's career, in Asylum, Croc's mind had followed his body he is no much more savage, speaking in a raspy, husked voice. He has grown size and apparently has a vendetta against Batman, it has become his life goal to track down and kill him, he is considered one of if not the most dangerous inmate in all of Arkham Asylum, his cell has more security than the Joker and everyone apparently tries to forget him. He still keeps his brutality, having murdered and mutilated people in a house only because they wasted his time and severed the hand of Senior Guard Aaron Cash.
Murdering his aunt after finally reaching his breaking point, Waylon fled from society and eventually joined a traveling circus where he was made part of the freak-show, and became known as the alligator wrestler "Killer Croc". Bonding with his fellow performers in the show, Jones finally felt as if he had a family, until a horrendous attack occurred at Gotham City by vicious audience members, who ended up destroying the circus and killing all whom Jones had felt attachment for.
Regardless, he eventually had various warrants, including 7 counts of assault, 8 counts of aggravated assault, 4 counts of murder of the first degree, 16 counts of murder of the second degree, 12 counts of manslaughter, 4 counts of drug dealing, and 5 counts of racketeering. During this time he also tracked down and murdered the individuals who set the fire.
Seeing humanity as a disgusting waste of flesh, Jones became a cannibal murderer, often employing himself to the mob for money, before being apprehended by Batman on Christmas Eve at Blackgate Prison.
As Black Mask escaped by helicopter, Croc stayed behind to take on Batman, who was in pursuit of the mobster. Eventually, he was defeated, with Batman demanding Black Mask's location. Croc didn't reveal this, but revealed to Batman about the seven other assassins that were hired before being knocked out, where he was found by the GCPD.
He was then taken into custody by the GCPD. Croc was seen briefly at Blackgate Prison attacking Batman during the Joker's riot. While the sniper was aiming Batman, who was grabbed by Croc, Gordon snuck up behind and knocked out the sniper with a baseball bat. The bullet then hit Croc in his right shoulder which caused him to drop Batman and retreat back to his cell.
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
After Quincy Sharp successfully re-opened Arkham Asylum, Killer Croc was presumably transferred to the new facility. It is also possible that Croc had escaped Blackgate, and was then incarcerated at in the Asylum prior to Joker's takeover.
Road to Arkham IncidentEdit
He was under treatment by Dr. Whistler, who genuinely believed Croc still had some humanity. She kept believing this, even after he bit off security guard, Aaron Cash's left hand. He was never able to escape the island, and was still being held in the sewers until Joker's takeover.
The Joker's PartyEdit
Croc spotted Batman and claimed that he would hunt him down very soon. He was then taken back to his lair by a number of asylum security personnel when the Joker took control of the Arkham Island. He saw Batman pass by a locked door that was adjacent to the sewer. Croc then punched the door's window, and claimed that he would get Batman soon.
Eventually, Batman was forced to enter Croc's Lair in order to retrieve the plant spores that were required to create the antidote to the TITAN compound, which the Joker had used in his schemes. Batman soon learned of the antidote's location after his discussion with Poison Ivy in the Elizabeth Arkham Greenhouse at the Botanical Gardens. He was then followed by another villain, the Scarecrow, down into the sewers and who threatened to dump his Fear Gas into the water supply, which lead straight to the Gotham River. Before he could do so, however, Croc jumped out of the water and grabbed Scarecrow, and thought that he was a lone security guard or inmate. Batman attempted to subdue Croc by activating his shock collar with a Batarang. Croc brutally mauled Scarecrow.
Croc flinched for a moment before jumping back into the water, and dragged Scarecrow down with him. Batman made his way to Croc's Lair, where Croc attacked him several times, only to be foiled by Batman activating his shock collar with multiple Batarangs. Eventually, Croc cornered Batman at the entrance of his lair and charged at him. Unknown to him, Batman had laced the floor with Explosive Gel and detonated it as Croc ran across it. Croc then plummeted into the water below, and vowed revenge on Batman.
Sent To Arkham CityEdit
Croc was still in the Asylum sewers even after the events that had happened on the island. Hugo Strange sent TYGER Guards to lure him out of the sewers by using human meat. They failed, but still managed to obtain Croc and sent him into Arkham City, where he roamed the sewers/subway. A hidden room could be found, that had a dirty, broken down mattress, human skulls, and his shock collar.
In Arkham CityEdit
After fighting Ra's al Ghul, if Batman threw a Remote Batarang on a switch behind a gate, Croc would burst out of the wall behind it and recognize Batman. Batman then stated that he didn't want to fight him and had just wanted to move through. Croc said that Batman's scent had changed and sensed death on him, as he went back into the sewer. He remarked that there was no need for a fight, as he would eventually feed on Batman's corpse when he died.
After Arkham City IncidentEdit
After the events of Arkham City, Harley Quinn had hired Killer Croc to protect the antidote for the Titan poison. Batman eventually came to retrieve the antidote, but was attacked by Croc. After a brief fight, Batman subdued Croc with his last Freeze Blast.
Before Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
After Penguin's 'New Suicide Squad' fails to kill Bruce Wayne, Killer Croc shows up to finish the job, as Cobblepot's "plan C".
Beneath the SurfaceEdit
It is revealed that the Scarecrow's new deformities and disfigured face were a result of Killer Croc's attack on him, ripping most of the flesh from his head and making him have to wear a leg brace to walk. Croc's shock collar was found and placed in the evidence locker of the GCPD building, with Aaron Cash also mentioning that their finding it without the owner was a bad sign due to it being designed specifically to keep him under control. Killer Croc now takes control of a plane wreck. His evolution has expanded greatly and is now double the mass he was in Asylum with large spiky growths protruding from his left shoulder and his body much larger and bulkier than before, towering over the other characters. He has also grown a large tail. In addition, a hallucination of him is seen by Bruce after being injected with FEAR Toxin, during the Joker's "capture" by Croc, Two-Face, Penguin and Riddler. He is dispatched in the hallucination when the Batmobile crashes through a window and lands on him (with Joker earlier telling him to duck), his arm can be seen sticking out of the pile of rubble before the Joker drives to the next section.
There are trails that can be found in Gotham which indicate where Killer Croc may have ended up. At a lighthouse connected to the Ace Chemicals factory, a riddle can be solved scanning a large collection of human bones. The Gotham City Story unlocked from scanning this riddle indicate that men who work for Simon Stagg were sent to locate Killer Croc and in fact succeeded, trapping him somewhere on one of Stagg's two airships that hover above Founder's Island. The story ends ominously, with the revelation that Killer Croc has regained consciousness inside whatever it is that he is trapped within.
In Arkham Origins, Killer Croc's mutation was not as severe as his appearance in Arkham Asylum. Killer Croc had green, scaly skin with a pale, white hue to his chest. He was barefoot (although he had bandages that were wrapped around his feet), and also had them wrapped around his hands and wrists as well. Croc wore black trousers that had faint, white pinstripes. He had a black belt around his waist and had loose, red overalls. Croc was shirtless (a trait that he had possibly carried over from his career as a wrestler), and had faint, yellow eyes with black, slitted pupils. From his chest upwards, Croc had scaly skin, yet, his belly appeared to have softer skin and was not scaly like the rest of his body. When he escaped during the prison riot, Croc looked identical to his original version, the only difference being that he was wearing orange prison trousers with a large belt and a very large, padlock-shaped, buckle. Croc had a slightly lean and muscular torso and his navel was visible.
In Arkham Asylum, Killer Croc's mutation had become much more severe. Croc's entire body was now scaly (he still had retained the paler hue to his belly and chest), and had a large shock collar to incapacitate him, if he attempted to attack any of Arkham's staff, with a broken chain that hung from the bottom of the collar. He had two ankle cuffs with broken chains on his ankles and was still barefoot (the bandages were missing from his feet and hands). He had brighter, yellow eyes with black, slitted pupils, was much larger, and had sharper teeth and claws. Croc wore dirty, orange, stained prison trousers, and had a brown rope tied into a knot around his waist as a makeshift belt. Croc was still shirtless and his physique was more muscular. His entire body was green, and he had a pale, white hue to the underside of his arms, belly, and chest.
Killer Croc's appearance in Arkham City was identical to his predecessor appearance, only that Croc was missing the ankle cuffs and his shock collar. Croc was slightly thinner in Arkham City due to lack of fresh food, yet he appeared to be somewhat more muscular than he was in Arkham Asylum.
Croc's evolution has expanded greatly and is now double the mass he was in Asylum with large spiky growths protruding from his left shoulder and his body much larger and bulkier than before, towering over the other characters. He has also grown a large tail. He seems to be oddly shaped and constricted much like the elephant man.
- Reptilian-Mutated Physiology & Psychology
- Regenerative Healing Factor: He has regenerative powers similar to a reptile such as being able to regenerate lost limbs, organs & massive bruises and cuts.
- Armored Skin: His skin has hardened to the point where it is invulnerable to most forms of abrasion and even high caliber weapons fired from a distance. He can also stand extreme pressure conditions. On one occasion in the Arkham War comic series for example Killer Croc survived the fall from Wayne tower and healed completely.
- Superhuman Strength & Speed: He has grown so physically powerful and quick over the years that Batman has had to resort to planting explosive devices on Croc's chest to knock him unconscious. He has also been able to rip a large bank vault door right off its hinges with ease.
- Claws: Killer Croc's fingers are sharpened and white like bones. He uses them to cut open doors or crush skulls.
- Fangs: Killer Croc's teeth are large yet still human. He can bite down through bone, metal and wood.
- An intense hatred of humanity
- Expert wrestler & street fighter
- Cannibalistic killer
- Savage, animalistic & barbaric mental state
- He is a expert swimmer and can hold breath for hours at a time
Real Name: Waylon Jones
Repeat offender. Unusual appearance. Classic criminal pattern. Broken home. Attended a reform school in Florida. Repeat juvenile offender. Killed another juvenile. Served life sentence in Florida system. Relocated to Gotham in recent years.
Waylon Jones is muscle-for-hire. His unusual appearance and casually sociopath disposition means he will periodically resurface. The challenge for law enforcement is to restrain him in a manner that restricts collateral damage. Strong recommendation of tactical engagement only.
While you are unlikely to confuse Jones for another suspect, the individual's photo ID's should be studied. Jones' unusual condition has caused his appearance to change dramatically over the years.
Tactical advisory based on medical condition:
-Dermal condition appears to have granted tolerance to impact. Including resistance to some small arms.
-Suspect is still growing. Initial intake reports had him at 6' 8 tall. Most recent intake recorded him over 8' 6. Do not assume size is a factor in considering a positive ID.
-Medical staff at various institutions have tried to treat injuries dealt to Jones, only to be unable to find evidence of wounding. Suggests possible metahuman healing ability gifted by his overall condition.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Dr. Penelope YoungEdit
Psychological Profile: Jones was born with a rare mutation that created a series of physical disfigurements which have worsened intensely with age. His skin is green and scaly and his body has grown to grotesque proportions. While these disfigurements are unquestionably the sources of Jones' various psychological disorders, his intense misanthropy seems to also derive from an understandably difficult childhood which included alcoholic relatives and social rejection by his peers. He increasingly embraces an animalistic, subhuman conception of self.
"His acute misanthropy makes him difficult to treat, he refuses to respond to socialization, reacting only when he is acknowledged as a dangerous beast, which is clearly how he views himself. It may be that his physical disfigurements are so severe, he will never be able to truly integrate into human society. This challenge is made clear by repeated (and occasionally successful) attempts to maim and kill the asylum's orderlies and doctors."
SPECIAL ENMITY WITH GUARD NAMED AARON CASH.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
Waylon Jones A.K.A Killer Croc
- "You wanted it smashed, so I smashed it!"
- "Thought I caught your scent."
- "Comin' atcha!"
- "Oh, ow!"
- "You ain't strong enough."
- "Do your fists hurt?"
- "You're all mine."
- "They'll be scrappin' you off the floor!"
- "Lets add some fuel to this fight."
- "Lemme show you somethin'."
- "Yeah, that's right. Come a little closer."
- "Lemme me show you my piledriver!"
- "Like my tenderizer?"
- "Yeah. C'mon in close."
- "I'll flatten you!"
- "Catch this!"
- "Time to make some money."
- "Time to put an end to this!"
- "Time to take this seriously."
- "Only boss a'me is me."
- "Wait 'till Black Mask's assassin's get through with you-"
- "Whoever wins is gonna be famous AND rich."
- "Would ya look who's back for more?"
- "Not yet you haven't."
- "Screw this. Want the Joker? Take 'im."
- "I've got your scent, Batman. I will hunt you down."
- "A toy collar wont stop me from killing you, Batman. I'll rip you apart, eat your bones."
- "I'll find you, rip your flesh like paper."
- "I have your scent."
- "There you are."
- "You are mine, Batman."
- "I can taste you already."
- "I will feast on your bones."
- "Your flesh will tear!"
- "I'm hungry, Batman!"
- "You can't run from me!"
- "My caves will be your tomb!"
- "I will find you!"
- "You are not welcome here!"
- "Your scent is...different. I smell death on you. I don't need to fight you, Batman. I just need to wait. And then...I will feed on your corpse."
Game Over lineEdit
- "I'll line my lair with your flesh, Batman!"
- *Breathes in* "Ahhh, the sweet scent of defeat."
- "Looks like dinner is served!" (eats camera)
- "I will enjoy feasting on your bones!" (eats camera)
- "Tick tock, Feed the croc!"
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
Batman: Arkham AsylumEdit
Batman: Arkham CityEdit
- Killer Croc was the only assassin hired by the Joker who appeared in all of the Arkham games.
- In one of the three alternate endings in Batman: Arkham Asylum after the credits, Killer Croc emerged from the water by Arkham's docks and grabbed onto a floating case of Titan. It was also thought that Scarecrow did the same when he escaped from Arkham Asylum.
- If the player made Batman move about after Killer Croc came out of the elevator and spotted him, Killer Croc's head would follow him no matter where Batman moved about.
- In the beginning of the game, Joker could be heard saying, "Tick-tock, tick-tock, is that a crocodile I hear?" This was a nod to Peter Pan, which featured a crocodile that at one point had swallowed a clock, which caused people around it to hear the infamous ticking as it drew near. Aaron Cash's missing hand was also a nod to Captain Hook in Peter Pan.
- In Dr. Young's notes, Penguin's signature was seen at the top of his page. This could be a small reference to LEGO Batman: The Videogame, in which Penguin and Killer Croc teamed up in an evil plan to terrorize Gotham.
- In Arkham's Medical Facility, an old prison cell was used as a Riddler Challenge puzzle to unlock Croc's Biography. This was most likely Croc's previous cell before he was moved to the sewers. The cell, however, seemed to be too small to fit something as big as Killer Croc.
- After the events of Arkham City, Croc could be seen in the Iceberg Lounge Challenge map teamed up with Penguin and watching Batman fight many enemies while smoking a cigar and sipping from a glass of liquor.
- Croc was actually 11ft tall. It was mentioned correct in Arkham Asylum, but not in Arkham City (In Arkham Origins the younger Croc was only 9ft 8 inches tall).
- He was one of the few villains in Arkham City to not have a game over scene (along with Bane and Hush). However, this could be attributed to the fact that none of these characters could physically kill the player within the game.
- Killer Croc was one of only four villains to appear in all the Arkham games. The other three were: Joker, Riddler, and Harley Quinn. Although Riddler never physically appeared in Arkham Asylum, he still played a big part of the game. Harley only appeared as Dr. Harleen Quinzel in Arkham Origins.
- As seen in the "Gallery" of this page, Killer Croc not only killed his victims by hand. He also shot them, as he used to own multiple guns. He also used to possess a bag of cocaine (and a weed plant according to rumors) meaning that he had dealt in or had more likely (given his human side was that of a street thug) used drugs.
- When Killer Croc emerged from the elevator, the P.A. announced his arrival and granted the guards their "Shoot to Kill" permissions. Although Killer Croc's upper body had no clothing, his bio mentioned that his skin was so tough that it could repel gunfire, so shooting would be useless. In Arkham Origins, Gordon hit a Joker Henchman Sniper with a baseball bat, and the bullet grazed Croc's right shoulder after he escaped and attacked Batman. This further showed the progression of Croc's mutation.
- Killer Croc's Arkham Asylum bio listed his occupation as a "professional criminal" but in Arkham City, his bio listed his occupation as an "alligator wrestler, gangster, murderer".
- Even though his name was on the party list, Killer Croc appeared to be the only inmate during Joker's takeover not to be released from his cell as he attacked the door that Batman was behind.
- When Killer Croc rammed into Batman (which occurred if the player was unable to throw a Batarang in time), it was possibly a very small trait from his wrestling career as wrestling was a full-body contact sport.