|Full Name||Jason Peter Todd|
Militia Leader (formerly)
|Base of Operations||Gotham City
|Height||6ft 0in (1.83m)|
|Voice Actor||Troy Baker|
|First Appearance||Batman #357 (March 1983)|
Jason Todd was a street orphan until he met the Dark Knight after stealing the tires from the Batmobile. Jason was trained by Batman and later became the second Robin, but he was beaten and tortured by the Joker, who sent the Batman a video of the event and lied by telling Batman that Jason was dead. Batman fell into a deep depression over Jason's "death". Years later, Jason returned seeking revenge against the Batman, utilizing advanced technology and resources he acquired by unknown means, he was able to develop high-tech equipment & train a battalion of soldiers well. He even designed a high-tech bat-suit with capabilities that are more advanced than Batman's technology as well as utilizes lethal gadgetry and weapons during combat situations. He created the identity of Arkham Knight, until his redemption and forgiveness at the hands of Batman. After finally aiding the Batman to battle Scarecrow, he takes up the title of The Red Hood, a name that was used by the Joker prior to his transformation.
Before Arkham Asylum Incident
Jason Todd was a street orphan who was taken in by Batman, and became the second Robin. Shortly after, Jason was kidnapped and brutally beaten by the Joker. He was held in an abandoned Arkham wing at the Asylum for over a year, beaten and manipulated by the Joker into hating Batman. He eventually escaped and began plotting his revenge on his former mentor, taking on the name of The Arkham Knight, due to the fact of where he was held and the effect the name has on Batman and Gotham City.
Arkham Asylum Incident
Jason was referenced by the Joker just before the fight with Bane, and stated that Batman could use a new sidekick, and hinted that he had already "murdered" Jason.
Arkham City Incident
Jason was referenced in the Joker's Carnival Challange Map when the player played as Robin (Tim Drake). Joker sometimes said: "Didn't I kill you already?" and made a reference that he had "killed" Jason.
Arkham Knight Incident
It was revealed at the end of the game that Jason Todd was also the Arkham Knight, taking up the role to get revenge on Batman for not rescuing him from the Joker. Jason Todd was not actually murdered by the Joker, but was tortured by him for a year until he cracked and returned to Gotham City years later with the plan to kill Batman. However, Batman finally managed to get through to Jason and became The Red Hood and assisted Batman in taking down Scarecrow, vowing to do what Batman could not and protect Gotham in his place.
After Arkham Knight Incident
Jason decided to bring down Roman Sionis, aka Black Mask's organization. He tracked down some of Black Mask's men and killed all but one of them and interrogated him for the location of Black Mask's weapons. The henchman told him they were stored at the docks before Jason executed him. Red Hood then went to the docks and killed all of the thugs except for one who revealed to him Black Mask is at his office in Downtown Gotham before Red Hood kills him. Red Hood went to Black Mask's hideout where he took out his men and defeated Black Mask. Sionis begged for his life, telling Red Hood he'll leave Gotham and never come back, even telling Red Hood where to go. Red Hood replies sarcastically with "How about you go to Hell" before kicking Sionis out of a window, killing him.
Jason Todd was the second incarnation as Robin, he cared for his mentor Batman and wanted to live up to his potential, stopping crime and protecting Gotham City. However, he possessed an explosive temper with numerous incidents of him going too far in his actions as Robin despite his natural talents and apptitude under Batman's guidance, with hints in his behaviour that he might one day kill instead of using restraint. After being tortured by Joker, his mental state started deteriorating, hoping that his partner would come in to rescue him. In time (due to The Joker showing him a photo of Batman with a new Robin); he lost hope and started to hate his mentor for leaving him to die. After escaping (or in comics resurrecting); he became vengeful and wanted to kill Batman. As shown in the Arkham Knight's persona, he was ruthless, calculating and appear to be somewhat apathetic to the "weak" that Batman protects. Todd also is blinded by rage for Batman leaving him to die, as shown when he cost Scarecrow's toxin machine to be dismantled by the Batman's Batmobile. Once he snapped out of it, he showed some emotion and helped his former mentor to stop Scarecrow. In the The Red Hood Story Pack DLC, he is still murderous and cold-blooded, as shown when he killed Black Mask who begged for mercy, but is now ultimately driven by justice.
- Unlike the rest of the Bat Family, Jason used lethal weapons (such as his dual pistols)
- Jason appeared to have a few similarities with Tim Drake's Robin, as they both seemed to use the Zip-Kick.
- It seemed like Jason would break criminals' necks instead of choking them out like the rest of the Bat Family.
- Zip-Kick - Was similar to Robin's Zip Kick where Jason propelled himself toward the targeted foe.
- Handguns - Jason was equipped with two dual action guns that he could use in predator combat.
- Flashbang - Jason used Flashbang grenades to stun enemies and escape from armed thugs
- Grapnel Gun - He also has a grapnel gun similarly to Batman, Azrael, the Bat family & Deathstroke.
- Weapon Master
- Tactical Analysis
- Peak Human Physiological Abilities
- Master Martial Artist
- Indomitable Will
- Master Escape Artist
- Master Acrobatics
- Genius Level Intellect
Batman: Arkham Knight
As Jason Todd
- "Batman? Is that you?"
- [To Joker] "Why won't you just kill me?"
As Arkham Knight
- "You really have no idea, do you, Bruce?"
- "What's the matter? Lost for words? I expected more... I'm hurt."
- "Don't you dare lie to me! How long did you wait until replacing me, huh? A month? A week? I trusted you! And you just left me to die!"
- "You always told me, Bruce... Focus on what I want to achieve... and it'll happen. Well you wanna know what I want now? Huh? I want. You. DEAD."
- "You can't hide from me! I will hunt you down!"
- "I was just a kid, You turned me into a soldier, Sent me to war!"
- "There's no helping me!"
- "You're not the only one with sidekicks!"
- "Don't pretend to understand!"
- "Joker made me hate you. But you let him do it."
- "Don't call me that! That's not who I am!"
- "Stop! Stop talking to me!"
- "Look me in the eye and say that."
- "You did this to me!"
- "You left me to rot in that abandoned wing of Arkham…for over a year…with HIM!"
As Red Hood
- "Do I look like Batman to you? Rethink your answer before I fill you up with lead."
- "Worthless ape."
- "Oof. Gonna feel that in the morning."
- "Not worth a bullet."
- "It's all personal. Very personal."
- "Wrong answer."
- "Appreciate that."
- "Black Mask. You shoulda left when you had the chance."
- "How about you go to Hell!"
- "Say hi to Joker for me."
- Most of the promotional material for The Red Hood obscured his face. Presumably so people wouldn't be able to guess that the The Red Hood and the Arkham Knight were one and the same, due to mask similarities and probabilities and perhaps.
- Jason has a "J" branded on his left cheek from being tortured by the Joker.
- Jason's dual action pistols can be converted into a sniper rifle.
- Troy Baker reprised his role as The Red Hood in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
|Alfred Pennyworth - Azrael - Batman/Bruce Wayne - Catwoman - Jason Todd/Red Hood - James Gordon - Lucius Fox - Nightwing - Oracle - Robin|
|Albert King - Arkham Knight/Jason Todd - Azrael - Black Mask - Christina Bell - Deacon Blackfire - Deathstroke - Firefly - Harley Quinn - Henry Adams - Hush - Johnny Charisma - Joker - Killer Croc - Man-Bat - Penguin - Poison Ivy - Professor Pyg - Riddler - Scarecrow - Simon Stagg - Two-Face - Victor Zsasz|
|Aaron Cash - Francine Langstrom - Jack Ryder - Raymond Underhill - Thomas and Martha Wayne - Vicki Vale|
|Gotham City |
|Bat-Signal - Batarang - Batclaw - Batmobile - Batsuit - Batwing - Detective Mode - Riddler Trophy|
|Achievements & Trophies|