|Real name:||Jack Ryder|
Base of Operations:
|First Appearance:||Showcase #73 (March 1968)|
Jack Ryder is an investigative reporter turned controversial talk show host, well-known for his aggressive manner and his determination to get to the truth. What his viewers don't realize is that he's also the Creeper, a garishly-colored vigilante who Ryder can, with effort, turn into at will - although at that point the Creeper's manic personality takes over. The Creeper is usually on the side of good, and just barely on the side of sanity.
After Arkham OriginsEdit
Road to Arkham IncidentEdit
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
After Jack Ryder found out about the Arkham incident he went on air. He then soon said that Batman was in Arkham Asylum. Joker soon sent out a video chat that Ryder then put on his show. Jack then wanted to see what was going on for himself. Hours past and he soon thought that Batman was dead. He went to see what was going on and found out Batman was alive. Joker now full of Titan yelled at him and with Batman using this for a upper hand. Jack happily said that Joker was beaten and Batman has saved Arkham and maybe the Earth.
After Arkham IncidentEdit
Arkham City IncidentEdit
Ryder was thrown into Arkham City with Bruce Wayne. He is seen being stomped on by an inmate. Bruce saves him, only to be clubbed to the ground. Some time later, he is attacked by several other inmates. After Batman defeated them, Jack hid in the alleyway. He then told Batman that he was looking into Hugo Strange's suspicious activites. The next time Batman see Jack, is when Deadshot is about to kill him. Batman saves him and he then retreats into the church. Ryder is revealed to have also seen the killer known as the "Identity Thief" when Batman finds him. He says that it was Bruce Wayne (which Batman insists is crazy) but Ryder says that being in Arkham City must have driven Wayne mad. (The killer is revealed to be Hush later.)
- Determined reporter
- Known for his aggressive pursuit of stories
- Famous for his controversial talk show
- Secret identity as his alter ego, the Creeper
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Jack Ryder can be heard giving a report on the situation on Arkham Island over a security guard's radio set in the Utility Corridor of the Intensive Treatment Center. This radio is the solution to one of the Riddler's puzzles; solving it unlocks Ryder's character bio. The report is only played after Batman speaks to Officer North in the Lobby.
- After saving Ryder the first time, you will notice the cuts and wounds on his face from the inmates. But when he retreats to the church after Deadshot's failed assassination attempt, they are noticiably gone. This is most likely due to Ryder's healing factor.
- It is unknown if Ryder will turn into his alter-ego, the Creeper, though it does state he can in his Arkham Asylum bio and is cited in a conversation between Vicki Vale and Mayor Quincy Sharp.