|Full Name||Thomas Elliot|
|Occupation||Serial Killer (Former Surgeon)|
|Base of Operations||Arkham Asylum/Arkham City, Gotham City|
|Hair||Reddish-Brown; Dyed Black|
|Eyes||Brown; Wears Blue Contacts|
|Height||6ft 3in (1.91m)|
|Voice Actor||Kevin Conroy|
|First Appearance||Batman #609 (January 2003)|
Thomas Elliot and Bruce Wayne were childhood friends. An incredibly skilled surgeon as an adult, Elliot planned an elaborate revenge scheme on the Batman. He disguised himself as the villain known as Hush, with his face covered in bandages, and plotted to finally take his revenge against Wayne.
Incident Reports Edit
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Thomas Elliot and Bruce Wayne were childhood friends, and, unknown to Bruce, dark reflections of each other. A childhood sociopath, Elliot actually tried to kill his parents so he could inherit their fortune. His plan failed partly due to the surgical skills of Thomas Wayne, and his mother survived, which led to Elliot to blame the Wayne Family for his failure and sought out revenge against them.
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Although he did not appear in Origins, Elliot was mentioned by Alfred. When Batman listened to Alfred's final Wisdom conversation in the Batcave, he told Bruce that Thomas had called to celebrate a surgery that he had just completed to separate co-joined twins. In Bane's Underground HQ, there were newspapers on the floor with the topic "The Identity Theft Strikes Again". This meant that Elliot had already started constructing the mask of Bruce Wayne's face and had finally finished it in Arkham City. It was most likely just a recycled prop from the previous game, and considered the differences in Bruce Wayne's face's between Origins and City.
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Elliot continued to work as a successful surgeon, while also still secretly planning his revenge against Bruce Wayne. When Arkham Asylum was opened again, Thomas Elliot started working there as a doctor.
At some point, he was the one responsible for the surgery that separated Mr. Hammer and Sickle, who were hired by the Joker to perform the surgery on, in exchange for the finances that would fund his later surgeries.
Road to Arkham IncidentEdit
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Even though Hush didn't appear in the Asylum itself, you could find his name on a timetable in the Surgery Room at the Medical Facility on the second floor in the same room as you rescued Dr. Adrian Chen. It was easiest to grapple up as soon as the fight ensued as you attempted to rescue Chen started. Turn around and scan the timetable to solve the riddle and unlock his biography.
Between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City IncidentEdit
Thomas Elliot likely continued to work as a doctor at Arkham until he transferred to Arkham City.
Arkham City IncidentEditHush first appeared in the Church Medical Center after Batman rescued the Medical Staff from Harley Quinn's goons. He was the man to the left of the Church on a gurney, with bandages on his face and was clutching a box. Medic Adam Hamasaki said that he was a doctor who recently got transferred there who stashed medical supplies and then cut his own face off. The medic further stated that he found Hush laughing in a corner, wrapped him up, and sedated him. He also said that they couldn't pry loose the box that he was holding.
Hush next appeared in the Side Mission, "Identity Theft." Batman tracked six murders back to Elliot after he scanned three corpses, interrogated one political prisoner who said that Elliot looked like Bruce Wayne, uploaded the fingerprints that were Bruce Wayne's, and interrogated one inmate who was told by Hush to clean up a third victim with bleach who then told Batman Hush's location. When Batman entered Hush's Hideout (in Park Row by the Courthouse and below Catwoman's Apartment), he learned that Elliot had created a face that looked exactly like Bruce Wayne's (minus the surgery scars) and even managed to change his prints and voice to that of Bruce's. Hush trapped Batman in his surgical room and left Arkham City. Batman informed Oracle of that and said he would track him down the next day.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Hush remained behind during Scarecrow's attack, infiltrated Wayne Tower, and gained access to Lucius Fox's office on the top floor. After he failed to gain access to a computer due to security protocols that he hadn't foreseen, Elliot took Fox hostage, and used his retina to access the Wayne Enterprises mainframe. Subsequently, Fox's assistant, Clara Saberton, entered the room to investigate the commotion, but Hush scared her off by shooting at the door with a gun. He then began transferring Wayne's funds out of his accounts. Before he could actually do anything, Batman entered. Elliot demanded that Batman find Bruce Wayne and bring him to the tower, otherwise he would destroy the building. Batman tried to reason with Elliot, and reminded him that the Waynes' had stood by him after the car crash that killed his father. Hush then inadvertently admitted to deliberately causing the crash and let out his resentment at Bruce Wayne for getting his fortune handed to him. Batman removed his mask and revealed his identity to Hush, and dared his former friend to take his best shot. Startled, Hush attempted to shoot Batman, but the Dark Knight quickly disarmed him. Fox assaulted him with a vase, which damaged his face, and Batman then choke slammed him through Fox's desk. After he knew that he couldn't deliver Hush to the GCPD without putting himself under investigation, Batman instructed Fox to lock the unconscious Elliot in the vault underneath the building.
After the Knightfall Protocol, it can be assumed Hush was again a candidate to be moved to the G.C.P.D.
Real Name: Thomas Elliot
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Tommy Elliot was a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne. He knows everything about surgical position, that feeling which all the time of being a brilliant surgeon. Tommy begins what other for more to sit back for anything to his surgery, this brilliant work of Elliot's surgery make the to start his own way.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
Thomas Elliot A.K.A. Hush
- Great Physical Strength, augmented by the drive of revenge
- World-Class Surgeon
- Master of Disguise
- Medical Science
- Genius Level Intellect
- "This is the journal of Dr. Thomas Elliot. My work is complete. The pain, though still present, has been worth it. He will suffer for what he did to me. He will suffer the way I have suffered. As I look in the mirror, I understand how Leonardo felt when he finished the Mona Lisa. How Michelangelo felt when David was complete. My work has taken too long, but now it's time for my masterpiece to be unveiled. My new face is ready." - From audio recording
- "I couldn't have put it better myself. I take it you're here to stop me?" - To Batman
- (Batman: "What do you think?") "I think you're too late".
- (Batman: "You're a killer, a psychopath. I will stop you.") "Really?"
- (Batman: "But you look just like...") "Bruce Wayne? It took time, of course. To find the perfect donors. To graft on the flesh and, finally, to lose myself in order to create this."
- (Batman: "Six people died.") "Unfortunate, but necessary to complete my plan."
- (Batman: "Why?") "Would you believe good, old fashioned revenge? To be honest, I don't care if you do. Wayne will suffer, and you will not stop me."
- "I can see you have your hands full with Arkham City, but it's time for me to leave. Pray we do not meet again. Next time, I will not be in such a generous mood."
Arkham Knight Edit
- "Don't worry. This will be over soon.." (Clara Rodriguez)
- "So, I finally have your attention. Come and join the party. I you try anything stupid, Wayne Enterprises will be looking for a new CEO." (Batman)
- "We're just negotiating, aren't we, Mr. Fox? I have a job for you, Batman. Bring me Bruce Wayne or I bring down this tower."
- (Batman: "Why Wayne? The two of you were friends.") "That brat's family destroyed me, and now I will destroy him."
- (Batman: "The Waynes' stood by you.") "Ah yes, the great surgeon, Thomas Wayne. To think he was once my idol. Until he ruined everything."
- (Batman: "He did all he could to save your parents after the crash. I'm sorry you lost your father, but he saved your mother's life.") "He denied me what was rightfully mine!"
- (Batman: "The car crash wasn't an accident, it was you. You wanted to kill them.") "I only want what I deserve! Bruce Wayne had his riches handed to him on a plate. He never had to fight for anything in his life! Now bring me Wayne, or I'll destroy this tower, and everything he stands for."
- (Bruce Wayne: "Take your best shot, Tommy.") "Bruce... that's impossible."
- "I should've known."
- "Stay back. I'll kill him. I'll do it!"
- "My face!" (after Lucius Fox hits him with a vase)
- His reference in Arkham Asylum actually created a plot-hole in the Arkham series' timeline as Hush was unknown to Batman in Arkham City, yet he had a full biography for him in Arkham Asylum.
- Hush was one of the few villains who did not have a game over scene in Arkham City, the others were: Bane, Talia al Ghul, Catwoman, and Killer Croc.
- In Arkham Origins, Alfred revealed that Thomas Elliot had successfully separated conjoined-twins, which lead many people to believe that these were the Abramovici twins. However, this didn't really fit in with the Arkham storyline. It was most probable they were just another couple of twins.
- This incarnation of Hush, who cut off the faces of his victims, was similar to the MO of Leatherface, from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, albeit, was significantly more skillfully done.
- In Arkham Knight, Hush's facial scars remained, though they were much fainter. They could be seen in the character showcase.
- There was a subtle hint during the mission that the "Bruce Wayne" who emerged at Wayne Enterprises was actually Hush instead of the real Bruce Wayne, as when accessing the phone messages at his office, the player could hear the intended recipients as recorded on the system, while when playing as Batman, the phone messages, due to Joker's influence, came across in a mocking manner. This was only the case if the player managed to complete the mission before they defeated Scarecrow.
- If the player completed the Hush Side Mission in Arkham Knight after defeating Scarecrow, Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox's conversation was different, and mentioned that Batman was retiring due to his secret identity being publicly outed on live television (which Fox had been unaware of due to not catching the news at the time). Oddly, Batman still didn't deliver Hush to the GCPD, despite everyone knowing his connection to Bruce Wayne by that point, and thus made the risk of being investigated by the GCPD irrelevant.
|Alfred Pennyworth - Azrael - Batman/Bruce Wayne - Catwoman - Jason Todd/Red Hood - James Gordon - Lucius Fox - Nightwing - Oracle - Robin|
|Albert King - Arkham Knight/Jason Todd - Azrael - Bane - Black Mask - Christina Bell - Deacon Blackfire - Deadshot -Deathstroke - Firefly - Harley Quinn - Mad Hatter - Henry Adams - Hush - Johnny Charisma - Joker - Killer Croc - Man-Bat - Mr. Freeze - Penguin - Poison Ivy - Professor Pyg - Prometheus - Ra's al Ghul - Riddler - Scarecrow - Shiva - Simon Stagg - Two-Face - Victor Zsasz|
|Aaron Cash - Francine Langstrom - Jack Ryder - Owens - Raymond Underhill - Thomas and Martha Wayne - Vicki Vale|
|Gotham City |
|Bat-Signal - Batarang - Batclaw - Batmobile - Batsuit - Batwing - Catsuit - Detective Mode - Explosive Gel - Fear Gas - Freeze Blast - Line Launcher - Remote Electrical Charge Gun - Riddler Trophy - Voice Synthesizer - Wayne Enterprises - WayneTech|
|Achievements & Trophies|