Founder's Island is one of the three islands of central Gotham City. It's located southwest of Bleake Island and northwest of Miagani Island.
Originally, the district consisted of Otisburg and Drescher. However, as time passed, the buildings started to weaken, and the city decided to build over the old parts of the island, planning to move Gotham's major businesses to the new buildings. During the Arkham Knight incident, the island is still under construction.
Additionally, one of Gotham City's major ports is located on the island. Port Adams is the largest port in the city, and holds the entrance to a future subway line.
Founders' Island's southern portion is the industrial container yard, while the rest of the island seems to be under construction, and is work-in-progress (WIP).
Founders' Island consisted of four districts:
- Drescher: An old district of the former Founders' Island which lies in ruins underneath Ryker Heights, and comprises mainly of crumbling and abandoned buildings. Major locations include:
- Otisburg: An old district of the former Founders' Island which, just like Drescher, also lies in ruins underneath Ryker Heights. Major locations include:
- Cobblepot Manor (due for demolition)
- Osiris Cinema.
- Ryker Heights: The new central business district of Gotham City, the area is a large commercial center with many office buildings under construction. Major locations include:
- LexCorp building (under construction);
- Queen Industries (under construction);
- Wayne International Plaza (completed);
- Urbarail Station (under construction);
- Ryker Heights Station (under construction);
- GothCorp building (under construction);
- Bruford Tower (under construction);
- Gotham Stock Exchange;
- Cale-Anderson Pharmaceutical Building (under construction);
- Cityvision Construction Building (under construction);
- AmerTek building (under construction);
- Logerquist Towers (under construction).
- Port Adams: The major, enclosed port of Gotham City. The entrance to the under-construction underground subway is located there. Major locations include:
- New subway system entrance.
- The name "Otisburg" was most likely taken from the 1977 Superman film; one of the most famous quotes was "Otisburg? OTISburg??"
- Although there's a neighborhood called "Otisburg" on the Gotham City map from the "No Man's Land" comic.