|Real name:||Garfield Lynns|
|Pyrotechnics Expert, Professional Criminal|
Base of Operations:
|Hair:||None (Formerly Brown)|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in|
|First Appearance:||Detective Comics #184 (June, 1952)|
A pyromaniac, Garfield Lynns, also known as Firefly, began as a petty criminal but soon graduated to major crimes as a terrorist centering around arson, torching huge parts of Gotham City in the process. But his fires soon raged out of his control, leaving him horribly scarred by one of his own blazes. His body is almost fully covered with burns, and he now wears a full-body flame-retardant suit when he's out pursuing his criminal interests between bouts of incarceration in Blackgate. By the time of Batman's second year, Firefly had managed to earn 178 counts of arson, 52 of which resulted in various deaths, 4 counts of murder of the first degree, and 10 counts of robbery.
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Garfield Lynns was a pyrotechnic employed by the military, until one of his own torching flames went out of control and caused his body to become scarred with burns, turning him into a psychotic pyromaniac. He took the alias 'Firefly' and stole military graded weaponry and a jetpack.
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
- "Scream for me!"
Batman warns Gordon about the bombs, and goes into the Boiler Room. He interrogates one of Firefly's men, learning that there are four bombs on the bridge: one in the boiler room, in the bridge sub-level, and one each at the north and south end of the bridge. Batman defuses three of the four bombs and rescues the hostages before facing Firefly on the bridge. Realizing too late that he never defused the final bomb, Batman resorts to separating Firefly from the remote detonator he intended to use to blow up the bridge. With the detonator knocked out of his hand, Firefly attacked Batman directly, using his flamethrower and incendiary grenades against the Caped Crusader. In order to counterattack the flying villain, Batman used his Glue Grenades and Batarangs to stun Firefly before dragging him out of the air with the Batclaw and attacking him.
After a few rounds with Batman, Firefly managed to grab his remote detonator and tried to detonate the bombs. Unfortunately for him, the fourth bomb had been defused by the GCPD bomb squad, saving the bridge. Enraged by his failure, Firefly renewed his assault on Batman. Eventually, he had Batman surrounded in fire, but the Dark Knight grappled onto him to escape the blaze, and placed a glue grenade on one of the jet-pack propellors, throwing him and Firefly off course. Firefly and Batman crash-landed on top of the bridge, causing Firefly to lose one of the wings on the jetpack and his flamethrower. Batman punched Firefly, breaking through his lenses and revealing his scarred face before advising Lynns to get a new hobby. After destroying Firefly's remaining gadgets, Batman left him hanging upside down from the bridge for the police to collect.
Between Arkham Origins and Assault on Arkham IncidentEdit
Firefly was taken to Blackgate and later transferred to Arkham Asylum when it was re-opened. It is unknown who was treating him, but it is very likely to be Dr. Young, as she has personal notes on him. He was perhaps still inside the asylum during the Joker's takeover, as his name is on the Night Shift white board in the surgery room (as patient). He was going to be operated on by Dr. Elliott (A.K.A. Hush). It is more likely he escaped prior to the game and before his surgery and that Arkham staff just hadn't wiped out his name yet. This would make more sense, as he is not encountered at all during the game.
Assault on Arkham IncidentEdit
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
There are two newspaper clippings about Firefly and his flamethrower. Scanning the newspaper will solve the riddle, "Was this fire fly too hot off the press?" and will unlock his bio.
After Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Arkham City IncidentEdit
At some point before Bruce Wayne's incarceration, Lynns helped Black Mask escape Arkham City. While Black Mask was recaptured, Lynns remained at large. He might have also been captured and put into the mega prison, as it is said every criminal of Gotham City was put into Arkham City.
After Arkham City IncidentEdit
Firefly was not mentioned at all during the game meaning he was probably never put in the prison in the first place meaning it is possible he will be in Batman Arkham Knight and possibly teaming up with Black Mask and a few other villains Which are linked with Black Mask.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Firefly is rumored to appear in Arkham Knight.
Real Name: Garfield Lynns
Unstable, erratic individual with advanced weapory and demolition skills. Garfield Lynns is equipped with a military–grade flamethrower and custom light assembly acquired from an unascertained source.
Has been alleged to steal chemical materials in bulk – aviation fuels, various chemical primers and restricted reagents that suggest a specific chemical requirement for both the flight fuels and his incinerator device. (See Forensic Attachment 3).
His attached mixed source files denote extensive psychological issues. Top level summary is that Lynns displays a total disregard for his well being at a level that would be classified as irrational. Extreme symptomatic of the degree of burns he has suffered across his entire body.
Trained in pyrotechnics means that Lynns is skilled in the construction of incendiary devices, both handheld "pipebomb" scale and large-scale demolition level charges. See Federal Update and obey all instructions WRT Federal Notification Protocols.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Lynns has specialized knowledge of incendiary devices, yet often gets burned by the fires he's creating. What little is in his medical records suggests he does not seek treatment for the pain - it seems to invoke a pleasure response in him. This is a dangerous combination. His obsession with fire is driving him to take ever larger risks and if he is not stopped, he's going to destroy himself and potentially much of the city with him.
Dr. Penelope YoungEdit
Psychological Profile: A dedicated pyromaniac, Lynns has embraced his disorder and, for much of his life, managed to positively reinforce his fire-starting tendencies and related euphoria through profits from various acts of arson. Horribly scarred by one of his own blazes (perhaps due to a euphoric fugue that left him incapable of escaping the flames?), Lynns's extreme pathology definitely borders in the suicidal. Extreme treatment would be necessary to break the cycle of rewards he has set up for himself.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
Garfield Lynns a.k.a. Firefly
- Thorough knowledge of flammable agents
- Extensive arsenal of fire-creating weapons
- Scarred over 90% of his body
- Sociopath with intense pyromania
- Obsessive-compulsive pyromaniac.
- Multiple instances of severe burns all over his body.
- Utilizes custom-made flamethrower, jetpack, and incendiary grenades.
He is extraordinarily adept at maintaining a cache of flammable items in his cell, despite his tendency to burn through them, pun intended.
It is rare for a pyromaniac to graduate to psychopathic behavior equal to Lynns's extreme acts of arson. And the extensive burns in his body seem to have barely affected him. He might be a good candidate for some of the more experimental firms of treatment I'm developing...
Game Over LinesEdit
- "Awww look at that. Poor little bat got his wings clipped."
- "Gotham's gonna BURN! And with you out of the way, there's no one left to stop me!"
- "Weeeelll, it looks like this is goodbye!!"
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "And if the cops try anything stupid, kill a few hostages."
- "Not until the Bat shows. We'll wait all night if we have to. There's $50 Million riding on this."
- "Listen up...The Bat is here. If just one of those stinking pigs sets foot on this bridge......set the timers. We'll blow them all to hell! Woohooo"
- "Captain Gordon I told you-the ONLY person I want setting foot on this bridge is the Bat Man. Test me again...and things will not go well for officer Branden, is it?"
- "What's the status of our explosives?"
- "Good. Keep it that way. I'm going to go blow something up. See if I can get the Bat to show up already."
- "What do you want?" [to henchmen on radio]
- "That's probably because- I'm setting lots of fires! Now leave me alone!" [to henchmen on radio again]
- "Let's see you cops breach this bridge now!!! You won't even recognize it!"
- "I want to see the look on the cops' faces when I blow this bridge into Christmas future!"
- "Get 'em boys!"
- "Any last words, Batman?"
- "Finish 'im off!"
- "Save some for me, boys."
- "How do you want to die? The quick... incinerating flash of an EXPLOSION? Or... a nice SLOW BURN?"
- "Don't hate me, Batman. I just want to melt your face."
- "Scream for me!"
- "This time for Africa" - with Shakira in the popular hit.
- "You're gonna love this."
- "Gotham's gonna burn!"
- "So, Batman - this is how it ends!"
- "Fully fueled and ready to melt you down!"
- "Woo! This is gonna be fun!"
- "You say lip balm, I say NAPALM!"
- "You say arsonist, I say... arsonISTE!"
- "Oooh. GOD, I'm good."
- "What's this? Bat spit?"
- "Can you feel the burn?"
- "Oh, yeah!"
- "C'mon, baby."
- "Kerosene. Know what I mean?"
- "Make. FIRE!"
- "Aw...A bat that can't fly. Too bad."
- "Who's having a blast? You are! In the FACE!"
- "Stop, drop, and ROCK 'N ROLL!"
- "Melting! He's MELLLTINNNNGGG!"
- "Who's in the Christmas spirit, huh!?"
- "Woo! Think I just broke a sweat!"
- "Me versus the Bat. Who'da thought?"
- "Don't make me laugh!"
- "I love this part."
- "I am gonna burn you up gooood!"
- "Whoa! HA!"
- "Make. FIRE!"
- "You like that!? I did!"
- "Ooh... that SMELL!"
- "Gotchoo right where I wantchoo."
- "Ha HA! Momma drowned all the dummies."
- "GET! OFFF! ME!"
- "Where you gonna run!?"
- "This is it!"
- "WHOO WEE!"
- "Let's watch the fireworks!"
- "What-what are you doing?"
- "You never give up, do you?"
- "You'll regret that."
- "Watch out for that bridge!"
- "Go ahead, inhale the flame!"
- Was revealed in the Unhinged comics, that he is also Black Mask's right hand man.
- Penguin put his signature on him when looking through Dr. Young's files.
- During the fight, Firefly says his name will be mentioned along with Orr and Christensen, apparently references to real-life arsonists John Leonard Orr and Andrew Christensen.
- In Batman Arkham Asylum, Firefly's mentioned on the night shift white board in the Surgery room, he is being treated by Dr. Thomas Elliot, A.K.A Hush.
- It is stated in Firefly's biography that his eyes are brown. However, when Batman smashes his visor, Firefly's left eye is pale blue.
- During the Firefly boss fight, if you look to the right or left, there is a package truck that ironically says Blaze Comics.