Black Mask to kill Batman for the reward of fifty million dollars. In addition to enhanced strength, speed and reflexes, Deathstroke possesses heightened brain functions that make him a master strategist and tactical genius.
Arkham Origins IncidentEditDeathstroke was one of the eight assassins hired by the criminal mob boss Black Mask to kill Batman on Christmas Eve night. Deathstroke planned to kill Batman by sending Black Mask's hitmen into the city with a suspicious package which would attract the attention of Gotham's vigalante. The package was revealed to be a bomb, which exploded, nearly killing Batman. Deathstroke appeared and fought against Batman at the docks but the battle was interrupted by Deadshot. Deadshot caused a shipping container to fall between Deathstroke and Batman, which allowed Batman to escape. Later, Black Mask appeared and Deathstroke demanded that the other assassins stay out of his way. Black Mask replied that Deathstroke is not the only assassin who is after Batman.
In the video of Penguin's drone, Deathstroke is seen in the museum taking down agents with one single bowstaff and he was delivered by one of Black Mask's men earlier ago. Afterwards, Deathstroke tracked Batman down to the ship the Final Offer where he saved Penguin from Batman by using his Remote Claw. Deathstroke tried to attack Batman with his sword while he is suspended upside down, Batman grabbed his sword, cut himself free, and both fighters moved down into the pit. Both Batman and Deathstroke put up a formidable fight. During the encounter, Batman managed to break Deathstroke's mask and bowstaff. Eventually, the Caped Crusader throws Deathstroke's sword into the wall to distract him, and knocks the assassin out by slamming his head into the hilt. This represents the only time Batman has defeated Deathstroke in a one-on-one open fight.
After the battle, Batman receieved the Remote Claw from Deathstroke and continues after Penguin. Deathstroke is brought to Blackgate Prison where he may later be seen in his cell, the only inmate not to be released during Joker's rampage. While in his cell, he stated that he had no quarrel with Batman, and was merely after the bounty. He elabotared that if he were let out he would kill Joker in retaliation for retracting the offer.
Deathstroke remained in his cell until he was found by Amanda Waller, who tried to recruit him into her Suicide Squad.
After Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Arkham City Lockdown IncidentEditDeathstroke appears in the Gotham Steel Mill. As Batman battles his way through inmates, he comes upon one that is shot by Deathstroke. Deathstroke quickly contacts Hugo Strange to let him know that Batman has arrived. Batman then chases after Deathstroke and battles him. At the end of the battle, Batman pushes Deathstroke off a ledge and leaves him hanging. He then tells Deathstroke that he is finished, Deathstroke is then later arrested by the GCPD.
- Unlike Batman and Robin, Deathstroke cannot glide. Instead, he replaces their "Glide Kick" manouvers with a "Pounce Attack," similar to Catwoman's. If the enemy is far enough away, instead of gliding, Deathstroke will jump off the Vantage Point and pounce onto the enemy, leaving them stunned and ready for a Ground Takedown on the floor.
- Deathstroke also has his own detective mode called Tactical Vision. It is completely identical to Robin's, except instead of having a blue layout, Deathstroke's layout is solid green.
- Ballistic Staff - Deathstroke, like Robin, uses a retractable staff as his main weapon that contains a hidden rifle and a micro-bomb launcher inside of it's core.
- Grapple Hook/Gun - Used in the same way Batman uses it, only to grapple to Vantage Points and ledges. Deathstroke interestingly has two grapple guns, one for grappling to higher platforms and another that's identical to the Batclaw, used to pull off grating coverings, grapple enemies, etc.
- Remote Claw - Used the exact same way Batman uses it, it is a grapple device that fires a hook-on reel.
- Smoke Pellet/Stun Grenade - Used to escape from armed henchmen when under fire or to distract enemies and beat them up.
- Proximity Bomb - Used as traps for unsuspecting enemies to stumble upon. They may be planted upon enemies as an immediate stun.
- Neural Pellet - Used as a pellet planted on an enemy that releases stunning gases.
- 2 Custom Katana Swords - After Batman snapped his staff in half during their fight, Slade wielded a single, sharpened blade with a stylized hilt. His other blade was thrown aside by the Dark Knight prior to their battle.
- Desert Eagle Handgun - Deathstroke also uses an IMI Desert Eagle which he uses to execute Batman during one of his gameover screens.
- Laser Sighted Handgun - Slade has an as-yet-to-be-identified backup hand gun. It looks very different from modern handguns, resembling the kind of weapon one might see in a science fiction film. It is laser sighted, and only used if the player moves far away from Slade.
Real Name: Slade Wilson
FBI files link Slade Wilson to the assassination of various offshore dictators and business people. Less is known about his domestic activities. Deathstoke's skills include hand-to-hand combat, demolitions training, armed combat, and ambush techniques.
Following his military service, Wilson worked for various private military contractors before striking out on his own – and becoming one of the highest paid contract killers in the world, specializing in high profile assassinations that are considered "impossible jobs."
CONFIRMED METAHUMAN STATUS – Deathstroke has speed, strength, and mental enhancements that qualify him for metahuman status. He should always be assumed to be armed with multiple weapons, and considered an expert with edged weapons, firearms and explosives. Distinguishing characteristics include a missing right eye, greying hair, and black body armor with orange accents.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Wilson was an accomplished member of the special forces. This distinction earned him admittance into a covert program where he was subjected to extensive mental and physical augmentation. The procedures left him with increased mental function, as well as enhanced speed, strength, and stamina. Much of the file is redacted, but it appears that Slade was eventually discharged from the military, though the exact circumstances are not specified. He was since taken up work as a mercenary. His augmentations, coupled with his mastery of hand-to-hand combat make him a formidable opponent - possibly one of the most dangerous Batman has ever, or will ever, face.
- Medically enhanced physical and mental abilities.
- Master of multiple combat techniques.
- Strategic mind.
- Missing his right eye.
- Formally in the military.
- Contains multiple weapons, explosives, expert edged weapons and firearms.
- Real name: Slade Wilson.
- Expert marksman.
- Confirmed as a metahuman (super soldier formally).
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "Looks like you got my invitation. It's just you and me now. Come on!" - to Batman.
- "No, and next time, keep your other assassins out of my way." - to Black Mask after Deadshot interrupts his fight with Batman.
- "It appears the game is over before it even begins." - to Batman.
- "You made a mistake to fight me." - to Batman
- "Your training is inadequate." - to Batman
- "You are outmatched" - to Batman
- "What are you!?" - to Batman prior to being defeated.
- "I'm suprised." - to Batman
- "Amateur." - to Batman
- "Batman!" - to Batman who is about to strike with his sword.
Batman: Arkham City LockdownEdit
Game Over LinesEdit
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "Know that you die with honor, which is more than can be said for most."
- "You fought well, Batman. But I am stronger. Faster. Smarter. And so this ends the only way it could."
- "You cannot match me." (mobile game only)
- "I'm afraid the odds aren't in your favour."
- "Terrific. I can actually smell your fear."
- "I'll make this cold, clean, and painless."
- "So, what are we waiting for?"
- "Today's not a good day for rookies."
- "Not your lucky day, rookies."
- "You should run..."
- "What are you amateurs supposed to be? A challenge?"
- "Great. Amateurs."
- "More amateurs below my pay grade...."
- "Terrific. Amateurs."
- "The more the merrier."
- "You should run."
- "This is not gonna be pleasant for you."
Batman: Arkham City LockdownEdit
- "Contract's completed. Batman is finished."
- Deathstroke appears in Batman: Arkham City Lockdown as a boss, but he doesn't appear in Batman: Arkham City.
- Deathstroke, in Batman: Arkham City Lockdown, has the exact same model he has in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.
- In the game over sequence, Hugo Strange can be heard saying one of his game over lines from "Batman: Arkham City."
- Deathstroke is a playable character in Batman: Arkham Origins when you pre-order the game.
- Deathstroke is one of the few villains to not have a profile in Batman: Arkham Asylum along with Talia al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, Deadshot, Copperhead, Anarky and Lady Shiva.
- In his profile seen in the Arkham Origins trailer states that one of his associates is William Randolph Wintergreen. In the comics, Wintergreen is the criminal counterpart to Alfred. In the CW television show Arrow, Billy Wintergreen is Slade Wilson's partner and goes by the codename Bishop. Both characters wear the same bi-colored masks.
- Judging from his profile, Deathstroke has a total of 38 assassinations, 14 of them being public figures.
- After defeating Deathstroke in Arkham Origins on Xbox 360, the player gets an achievement, "One eye open" (referencing Deathstroke's single working eye) and a costume for the player's avatar (for both male and female), being Deathstroke's full set of bodyarmour.
- After defeating Deathstroke in Arkham Origins on PS3, the player gets the Trophy, "One Eye Open", there is also a trophy recieved for beating Deathstroke without missing a counter, "Point Counter-Point"
- In the pre-rendered cutscene when Deathstroke first appears before Batman, he is not seen equipped with his Bowstaff. Yet, as soon as gameplay starts, Deathstroke puts his sword onto his back and pulls out his Bowstaff immediately.
- Deathstroke is one of 7 playable characters along with Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing and Bane.