|Real name:||Slade Wilson|
Base of Operations:
|Height:||6 ft 5 in|
|First Appearance:||Batman: Arkham City Lockdown|
| Larry Grimm (Arkham City Lockdown)
Mark Rolston (Arkham Origins)
Arkham Origins IncidentEditDeathstroke was one of the eight assassins hired by the criminal mob boss Black Mask to kill Batman on Christmas Eve night. Deathstroke planned to kill Batman by sending Black Mask hitmen with a suspicious package and, therefore, he will appear to stop them. The package resulted to be a bomb which almost killed Batman. Deathstroke appeared and fought against Batman at the docks but the battle was interrupted by Deadshot, who didn't allow Deathstroke to kill Batman. Deadshot caused a shipping container to fall between Deathstroke and Batman, which allowed Batman to escape. Later, Black Mask appeared and told Deathstroke that there are more assassins after the Batman.
After that, he tracked Batman down to the ship the Final Offer where he saved Penguin from Batman. Both Batman and Deathstroke put up a formidable fight, the latter claims that Batman is wasting his talents on vigilantism and is left wondering if the crusader is even human when he is soundly defeated by Batman. Batman grabbed his sword and threw it through the wall next to Deathstroke to distract him so Batman defeated him.
Batman got his Remote Claw from Deathstroke after the battle was over and continued after Penguin. Deathstroke was brought to Blackgate Prison and was seen in his cell the whole time, the only inmate not to be released during Joker's rampage. He stated he had no quarrel with Batman without the price on his head, and states that if he were let out he would kill Joker in retaliation for retracting the bounty.
Even after the end of the incident, Deathstroke had still remained in his cell. Some time later, he was found by Amanda Waller, who tries to recruit him into her Suicide Squad.
Arkham City Lockdown IncidentEditDeathstroke appeared in the Gotham Steel Mill. As Batman battles his way through inmates, he comes upon one that is later shot by Deathstroke. Deathstroke quickly contacts Hugo Strange to let him know that Batman has arrived. Batman then chases after Deathstroke and battles him. By the end of the battle, Deathstroke left hanging off a ledge after being pushed by Batman. He then told Deathstroke that he is finished and he was later arrested.
- Unlike Batman and Robin, Deathstroke cannot glide. Instead, replacing their "Glide Kick" manouvers, he uses a "Pounce Attack," similar to Catwoman's. If the enemy is a rough distance away, instead of gliding, Deathstroke will jump off the Vantage Point and pounce onto the enemy, leaving them groggy and ready for a Ground Takedown on the floor.
- Deathstroke also has his own detective mode called Tactical Vision. It is completely identical to Robin's, except instead of having a blue layout, Deathstroke's layout is solid green.
- Ballistic Staff - Deathstroke, like Robin, uses a retractable staff as his main weapon that contains a hidden rifle and a micro-bomb launcher inside of it's core
- Grapple Hook/Gun - Used in the same way Batman uses it, only to grapple to Vantage Points and ledges. Deathstroke interestingly has two grapple guns, one for grappling to higher platforms and another that's identical to the Batclaw, used to pull off grating coverings, grapple enemies, etc.
- Remote Claw - Used the exact same way Batman uses it, it is a grapple device that fires a hook-on reel
- Smoke Pellet/Stun Grenade - Used to escape from armed henchmen when under fire or to distract enemies and beat them up.
- Proximity Bomb - Used as traps for unsuspecting enemies to stumble upon.
- Neural Pellet - Used as a pellet planted on an enemy that releases stunning gases.
- Custom 2x Swords - After Batman snapped his staff in half in their fight, Slade wielded a single, sharpened blade with a stylized hilt. He did have one other, though, but it was thrown aside by the Dark Knight prior to their fight.
- Desert Eagle Handgun - Deathstroke also uses an IMI Desert Eagle which he uses to execute Batman during on of his gameover screens.
- Laser Sighted Handgun - Slade as a yet to be identified backup hand gun, which looks very different from modern handguns, resembling what someone would see in a science fiction film. It is also laser sighted and Deathstroke only puts it into action if a great amount of distance is put between Slade and the player.
FBI files link Slade Wilson to the assassination of various offshore dictators and business people. Less is known about his domestic activities. Additional skills include: Weapons expert. Demolitions expert. Close quarters combat. Ambush techniques.
Following his military service, Wilson worked for various private military contractors before striking out on his own – and allegedly becoming one of the highest paid contract killers in the world, specializing in high profile assassinations.
CONFIRMED METAHUMAN STATUS – experimental speed and strength enhancements of unknown origin. Suspect should be assumed to be armed with multiple weapons, and considered expert with edged weapons, firearms and explosives. Distinguishing characteristics include an impaired right eye, graying hair, and orange accented black body armor.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Wilson was an accomplished member of the special forces. This distinction earned him admittance into a covert program where he was subjected to extensive mental and physical augmentation. The procedures left him with increased mental function, as well as enhanced speed, strength, and stamina. Though much of the file is redacted, it appears that Slade was eventually discharged from the military, though the exact circumstances are not specified. He was since taken up work as a mercenary. His augmentations, coupled with his mastery of hand-to-hand combat make him a formidable opponent - possibly one of the most dangerous Batman has ever, or will ever, face.
- Medically enhanced physical and mental abilities.
- Master of multiple combat techniques.
- Strategic mind.
- Missing his right eye.
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "Looks like you got my invitation. It's just you and me now. Come on!" - to Batman.
- "No, and next time, keep your other assassins out of my way." - to Black Mask after Deadshot interrupts his fight with Batman.
- "It appears the game is over before it even begins." - to Batman.
- "You made a mistake to fight me." - to Batman
- "Your training is inadequate." - to Batman
- "You are outmatched" - to Batman
- "What are you!?" - to Batman prior to being defeated.
- "I'm suprised." - to Batman
- "Amateur." - to Batman
- "Whats the opposite of overwhelmed? Because thats what I'm feeling right now."
- "Perfect. I can actually smell your fear."
- "Great. Amateurs."
- "More amateurs below my pay grade..."
Batman: Arkham City LockdownEdit
Game Over LinesEdit
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "Know that you die with honor, which is more than can be said for most."
- "You fought well, Batman. But I am stronger. Faster. Smarter. And so this ends the only way it could."
- "You cannot match me." (mobile game only)
- "I'm afraid the odds aren't in your favour."
- "Terrific. I can actually smell your fear."
- "I'll make this cold, clean, and painless."
- "So, what are we waiting for?"
- "Today's not a good day for rookies."
- "Not your lucky day, rookies."
- "You should run..."
- "What are these amateurs supposed to be? A challenge?"
- "Great. Amateurs."
- "More amateurs below my pay grade...."
- "Terrific. Amateurs."
- "The more the merrier."
- "You should run."
- "This is not gonna be pleasant for you."
Batman: Arkham City LockdownEdit
- "Contract's completed. Batman is finished."
- Deathstroke appears in Batman: Arkham City Lockdown as a boss, but he doesn't appear in Batman: Arkham City.
- Deathstroke, in Batman: Arkham City Lockdown, has the exact same model he has in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.
- In the game over sequence, Hugo Strange can be heard saying one of his game over lines from "Batman: Arkham City."
- Deathstroke is a playable character in Batman: Arkham Origins when you pre-order the game.
- Deathstroke is one of the few villains to not have a profile in Batman: Arkham Asylum along with Talia al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, Deadshot, Copperhead, Anarky and Lady Shiva.
- In his profile seen in the Arkham Origins trailer states that one of his associates is William Randolph Wintergreen. In the comics, Wintergreen is the criminal counterpart to Alfred. In the CW television show Arrow, Billy Wintergreen is Slade Wilson's partner and goes by the codename Bishop. Both characters wear the same bi-colored masks.
- Judging from his profile, Deathstroke has a total of 38 assassinations, 14 of them being public figures.
- After defeating Deathstroke in Arkham Origins on Xbox 360, the player gets an achievement, "One eye open" (referencing Deathstroke's single working eye) and a costume for the player's avatar (for both male and female), being Deathstroke's full set of bodyarmour.
- After defeating Deathstroke in Arkham Origins on PS3, the player gets the Trophy, "One Eye Open", there is also a trophy recieved for beating Deathstroke without missing a counter, "Point Counter-Point"
- Deathstroke is one of 7 playable characters along with Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing and Bane.