- "Your methods and tatics are impressive, but inferior. They will not save you."
- ―Deathstroke to Batman[src]
Slade Wilson is a mercenary who possesses with special combat skills and strength. Former military status, subject of a failed medical experiment, he has since taken up work as a mercenary, armed with multiple weapons, and considered expert with edged weapons, firearms and explosives. Distinguishing characteristics include an impaired right eye, graying hair, and orange accented black body armor. His augmentations, coupled with his mastery of hand-to-hand combat make him a formidable opponent.
Wilson was an accomplished member of the special forces. This distinction earned him admittance into a covert program where he was subjected to extensive mental and physical augmentation. The procedures left him with increased mental function, as well as enhanced speed, strength, and stamina.
Following his military service, Wilson worked for various private military contractors before striking out on his own – and allegedly becoming one of the highest paid contract killers in the world, specializing in high profile assassinations.
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
In the video on Penguin's drone, Deathstroke is seen in the museum taking down agents with one single bo staff and he was delivered an envelope by one of Black Mask's men earlier ago. Afterwards, Deathstroke tracked Batman down to the ship the Final Offer where he saved Penguin from Batman by using his Remote Claw. Deathstroke tried to attack Batman with his sword while he is suspended upside down, Batman grabbed his sword, cut himself free, and both fighters moved down into the pit. Both Batman and Deathstroke put up a formidable fight. During the encounter, Batman managed to break Deathstroke's mask and bo staff. Eventually, the Caped Crusader throws Deathstroke's sword into the wall to distract him, and knocks the assassin out by slamming his head into the hilt.
After the battle, Batman receieved the Remote Claw from Deathstroke and continues after Penguin. Deathstroke is brought to Blackgate Prison where he may later be seen in his cell, the only inmate not to be released during Joker's rampage. While in his cell, he stated that he had no quarrel with Batman, and was merely after the bounty. He elabotared that if he were let out he would kill Joker in retaliation for retracting the offer.
Deathstroke remained in his cell until he was found by Amanda Waller, who tried to recruit him into her Suicide Squad.
After Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Deathstroke was released before the Arkham Origins Blackgate Incident three months later, indicating that he accepted Waller's offer. Then years later he is hired by Hugo Strange to kill Batman in Arkham City Lockdown.
Arkham City Lockdown IncidentEditDeathstroke appears in the Gotham Steel Mill. As Batman battles his way through inmates, he comes upon one that is shot by Deathstroke. Deathstroke quickly contacts Hugo Strange to let him know that Batman has arrived. Batman then chases after Deathstroke and battles him. At the end of the battle, Batman pushes Deathstroke off a ledge and leaves him hanging. He then tells Deathstroke that he is finished, Deathstroke is then later arrested by the GCPD.
After Arkham City Lockdown IncidentEdit
Arkham Knight Edit
So far there seems to no evidence that Deathstroke will be in the finale.
- Unlike Batman and Robin, Deathstroke cannot glide. Instead, he replaces their "Glide Kick" manouvers with a "Pounce Attack," similar to Catwoman's and Nightwing's. If the enemy is far enough away, instead of gliding, Deathstroke will jump off the Vantage Point and pounce onto the enemy, leaving them stunned and ready for a Ground Takedown on the floor.
- Deathstroke also has his own detective mode called Tactical Vision. It is completely identical to Robin's, except instead of having a blue layout, Deathstroke's layout is solid green.
- Ballistic Staff - Deathstroke, like Robin, uses a retractable staff as his main weapon that contains a hidden rifle and a micro-bomb launcher inside of it's core.
- Grapple Hook/Gun - Used in the same way Batman uses it, only to grapple to Vantage Points and ledges. Deathstroke interestingly has two grapple guns, one for grappling to higher platforms and another that's identical to the Batclaw, used to pull off grating coverings, grapple enemies, etc.
- Remote Claw - Used the exact same way Batman uses it, it is a grapple device that fires a hook-on reel.
- Smoke Pellet/Stun Grenade - Used to escape from armed henchmen when under fire or to distract enemies and beat them up.
- Proximity Bomb - Used as traps for unsuspecting enemies to stumble upon. They may be planted upon enemies as an immediate stun.
- Neural Pellet - Used as a pellet planted on an enemy that releases stunning gases.
- 2 Custom Katana Swords - After Batman snapped his staff in half during their fight, Slade wielded a single, sharpened blade with a stylized hilt. His other blade was thrown aside by the Dark Knight prior to their battle.
- Desert Eagle Handgun - Deathstroke also uses an IMI Desert Eagle which he uses to execute Batman during one of his gameover screens.
- Laser Sighted Handgun - Slade has an as-yet-to-be-identified backup hand gun. It looks very different from modern handguns, resembling the kind of weapon one might see in a science fiction film. It is laser sighted, and only used if the player moves far away from Slade.
Real Name: Slade Wilson
FBI files link Slade Wilson to the assassination of various offshore dictators and business people. Less is known about his domestic activities. Deathstroke's skills include hand-to-hand combat, demolitions training, armed combat, and ambush techniques.
Following his military service, Wilson worked for various private military contractors before striking out on his own – and becoming one of the highest paid contract killers in the world, specializing in high profile assassinations that are considered "impossible jobs."
CONFIRMED METAHUMAN STATUS – Deathstroke has speed, strength, and mental enhancements that qualify him for metahuman status. He should always be assumed to be armed with multiple weapons, and considered an expert with edged weapons, firearms and explosives. Distinguishing characteristics include a missing right eye, greying hair, and black body armor with orange accents.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Wilson was an accomplished member of the special forces. This distinction earned him admittance into a covert program where he was subjected to extensive mental and physical augmentation. The procedures left him with increased mental function, as well as enhanced speed, strength, and stamina. Much of the file is redacted, but it appears that Slade was eventually discharged from the military, though the exact circumstances are not specified. He was since taken up work as a mercenary. His augmentations, coupled with his mastery of hand-to-hand combat make him a formidable opponent - possibly one of the most dangerous Batman has ever, or will ever, face.
- Master of Armed Weapons
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advance)
- Tactical Analysis
- Expert Escape Artist
- Criminal Mastermind
- Healing Abilities
- Keen Intellect
- Medically Enhanced Physical Abilities
- Missing his right eye.
- Formally in the military.
- Confirmed as a metahuman (super soldier formally).
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "Looks like you got my invitation. It's just you and me now. Come on!" - to Batman.
- "No, and next time, keep your other assassins out of my way." - to Black Mask after Deadshot interrupts his fight with Batman.
- "It appears the game is over before it even begins." - to Batman.
- "You made a mistake to fight me." - to Batman
- "Your training is inadequate." - to Batman
- "You are outmatched" - to Batman
- "What are you!?" - to Batman prior to being defeated.
- "I'm suprised." - to Batman
- "Amateur." - to Batman
- "Batman!" - to Batman who is about to strike with his sword.
Batman: Arkham City LockdownEdit
Game Over LinesEdit
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
- "Know that you die with honor, which is more than can be said for most."
- "You fought well, Batman. But I am stronger. Faster. Smarter. And so this ends the only way it could."
- "You cannot match me." (mobile game only)
- "I'm afraid the odds aren't in your favour."
- "Terrific. I can actually smell your fear."
- "I'll make this cold, clean, and painless."
- "So, what are we waiting for?"
- "Today's not a good day for rookies."
- "Not your lucky day, rookies."
- "You should run..."
- "What are you amateurs supposed to be? A challenge?"
- "Great. Amateurs."
- "More amateurs below my pay grade...."
- "Terrific. Amateurs."
- "The more the merrier."
- "You should run."
- "This is not gonna be pleasant for you."
Batman: Arkham City LockdownEdit
- "Contract's completed. Batman is finished."
- Deathstroke is seen in Arkham City Lockdown, which he has the same appearance from Mortal Kombat vs. DC video game.
- Deathstroke's profile has known associates with William Randolph Wintergreen, his mentor, friend and butler.
- In Penguin's office, Deathstroke's name appears in the list for special orders.