Although the Arkham saga is generally quite coherent and solid with its canon, there can be found some continuity errors throughout the different content. In this page we are only counting the continuity mistakes in Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins Blackgate, the movie Assault on Arkham, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight, including all DLC's and expansions (The Arkham Knight comics, The Riddler's Gambit, the game Arkham City Lockdown and the Arkham Unhinged comics will not be counted, as their degree of canonicity remains under debate).
- The Gotham landscape outside the playable areas changes between each game. This happens because the developers originally didn't create them with playability in mind, and redesigned the area to fit the stories/gameplay. Furthermore there are geographical errors between games. For instance: the Gotham Casino in Arkham City has a road between it and the GCPD. However in Origins it is right beside it and the GCPD is a train station.
- Black Mask's hair is black during this game. However, in Arkham City, you can see that he has brown hair.
- It is shown in this game that Joker first met Harleen Quinzel in Blackgate while audio tapes in Arkham Asylum state that they first met at Arkham. Despite being canon to the series, the fact that Arkham Origins alters the first meeting of Harley and Joker is not apparent in later games. With Arkham Knight being released 2 years later by Rocksteady, the character bio of Harley in Arkham Knight once again states that she became fixated on Joker at Arkham, not Blackgate.
- Deathstroke is shown being lead back to the cells at Blackgate amongst other prisoners in the ending scenes of Arkham Origins. He did not get out of his cell because we see him performing push ups earlier on.
- Hush makes his first appearance here, whileas his bio in Arkham Asylum claims that he was defeated by Batman before the events of the games.
- Several inmates discuss about Bruce Wayne's (actually Hush) actions during the game, but unless he rewrapped his bandages only to surprise Batman, his face should be incomplete or still bandaged, which obviously would make mistaking the two harder.
Cold, Cold Heart DLC
- Nora Fries appears to be in a different position from the one seen in Arkham City.
Arkham Origins Blackgate
- Warden Joseph blames Black Mask for the loss of his eye during the Christmas Eve Incident, when it was actually the Joker disguised as Black Mask who did the deed.
Assault on Arkham
- In the movie, Bane is seen escaping Arkham Asylum. However, in Arkham Asylum, Gordon states that he "thought he broke out of Blackgate".
- Many of the escaped rogues wore their Arkham Asylum outfits when they should've been wearing different clothing.
- Scarface has a Glasgow smile carved on his face, despite this taking place before Joker's takeover in the original game.
- Arkham City Island/North Gotham has been turned around 90 degrees, causing several errors and locations are not where they are supposed to be. For example, The Steel Mill is now on the opposite side of the island from the Pioneers Bridge (from Arkham Origins), while the Bridge used to be right next to it. In addition, one of the prison walls is now located between the Courthouse and the Museum.
- In the Red Hood DLC, Black Mask is shown to be wearing an actual mask instead of having it grafted onto his face like the way it was shown in Arkham City. It should be noted that he might just be a body double.