|Real name:||Bruce Wayne|
Base of Operations:
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.89 m)|
|Weight:||210 lbs (95 kg)|
|First Appearance:||Detective Comics #27(May 1939)|
| Kevin Conroy (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City)|
Roger Craig Smith (Arkham Origins)
Born into the wealthy Wayne family, Bruce Wayne had an idyllic childhood, although he was given a strong sense of justice by his moralistic and philanthropic parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. After their violent murder at the hands of a mugger, Bruce dedicated his life to battling the criminal element that took their lives. He left Gotham City for many years to train to physical and mental perfection across the globe, with the aid of his butler Alfred Pennyworth by bringing Gotham's criminals to justice as a vigilante known as The Batman.
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
A family of three left the Monarch Theatre in Gotham City. The couple's son mimics a scene from "The Mask of Zorro". They take a wrong turn into an unlit alleyway. A desperate man with a gun demands the group's valuables. A scuffle follows. Within seconds, Dr. Thomas and Martha Wayne are dead. Their son, Bruce Wayne has forever had his childhood stolen from him. Bruce became obsessed with avenging his parents' murder and created a plan for the rest of his life.
Once old enough, Bruce Wayne traveled the world and honed his body and mind to the highest physical peak. Along the way, he studied every known science including criminology, forensics, chemistry and psychology. Wayne trained under manhunters and martial arts masters and in time, became an unrivaled master, himself. He trained in Jiu Jutsu in Kurahawa, Japan under Chu Chung Li. Beforehand, Wayne traveled somewhere in Europe (possibly Turkey) or even in America, with the famous stage magician, Zatara. Zatara passed on his escape arts onto the young man. Wayne also trained in martial arts and possibly other subjects under the Master in Nanda Parbat.
On the final leg of his journey, Bruce Wayne who has been training overseas in North Korea in Japanese Ninjitsu, takes on various brutal challenges against his fellow students orchestrated by Kirigi. Bruce faced his final test, that proved he is worthy to his Master Kirigi. He is also interested in Bruce's unwillingness to kill. Kirigi decides to give Bruce the final instruction.
Years later, Bruce Wayne returned to Gotham City. He took on what most critics called a figurehead position as joint CEO in Wayne Enterprises, as he maintained a public image of a billionaire playboy. All the while, he stalked the night as a nameless vigilante. He struggled to win every fight, intent on trying to find a way to strike fear from the start. While brooding in his study over how to be a more effective crime fighter, Bruce Wayne saw a bat come through his window and perch on the bust of his father.Seeing it as a sign and realizing that "criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot," Wayne adopts the persona of a bat in order to conceal his identity and strike fear into his adversaries. It is as a result of this incident that the Batman was born.
His first two years as The Batman, He made no exceptions and confronted anyone from junkies, suppliers, pushers, to corrupt police. During a cocaine delivery, Batman took out Jefferson Skeevers, a dealer, and Detective Flass. Flass was heavily injured in the scuffle.
Carmine Falcone, became increasingly concerned with batman costing his organization money, Carmine became desperate and decided to enter the weapons smuggling racket, while in the process feuding with rivals Sal Maroni, Black Mask and the Penguin, two up-and-coming crime lords trying to move in on his city. Batman was working behind the scenes interfearing with their illegal operations.
The Red Hood, a costumed figurehead who went on a string of robberies and property damaged, attempted to rob the Ace Chemicals Plant but was stopped by Batman, he opted to jump into a vat of chemicals rather than face arrest, the body was never found.
This was perhaps Batman's first great failure in his early career but not his last. Investigated and took down serial killer Julian Day, leaving him for the police.
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
On Christmas Eve, Bruce Wayne, who has only been Batman for two years, discovers that the criminal mob boss Black Mask has hired a cadre of eight assassins to kill him for reasons unknown, with a bounty of fifty million posted for him.
He must find out what Black Mask has against him, but it also brings him into conflict with the assassins Bane, Copperhead, Deathstroke, Shiva, Deadshot, Firefly, Electrocutioner, Killer Croc as well as the black marketeer Penguin. He also confronts Anarky, Riddler and Mad Hatter. His campaign as the Batman often brings him into conflict with his friend and butler, Alfred Pennyworth, and sees him as a parental figure holding him back. After Batman discovers that Joker is the real threat, posing as an imprisoned Black Mask, he is haunted by the nature of his insanity whilst having intense flashbacks to the night his parents were murdered.
Later, whilst investigating Bane's whereabouts, he learns in his lair that Bane has discovered who he is which causes Bane to attack Wayne Manor and leaves Alfred dead. Bruce using Electrocutioner's gloves, manages to revive Alfred and decides to give up on being Batman. Alfred however manages to bring him around reminding him that he cannot fight alone, which stired Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon
Cold Cold Heart IncidentEdit
Bruce Wayne hosts the Humanitarian Of The Year Awards ceremony at Wayne Manor to support the winner Ferris Boyle. But soon the party is interrupted by a giant ice explosion in the ballroom. Penguin thugs appear and take the guests hostage. A man in a mechanized suit called Mister Freeze by his thugs, walks in and demands that Ferris Boyle be brought to him. Amongst the panic, Bruce slips away and attempts to contact Alfred with no success, and makes his way to find him. He finds Alfred fearlessly engaging several Penguin thugs. After he saves Alfred, Bruce finds Vicki Vale, several guests around the grandfather clock entrance to the Batcave so he uses the wine cellar entrance to the Batcave instead. Bruce dons the Batsuit and returns to a Wayne Manor in flames as Batman. He again rescues Alfred and the guests from several armed men. He meets Mr. Freeze face to face for the first time shortly after. Freeze kidnaps Boyle and sets off in a helicopter. Later during the night Batman deploys his XE suit to battle Mr. Freeze. Batman discovers that Mr. Freeze's acts were not of hate but of love for his wife Nora Fries who is terminally ill and in cryostasis after an accident caused by Ferris Boyle. The same one that made Victor Freeze the man he is now. Batman took down Freeze and Boyle in a GothCorp lab and saves Nora's life.
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
After Arkham IncidentEdit
Quincy Sharp reveals plans for the construction of Arkham City, which Bruce says he's taking a "wait and see" stance on, despite the disturbing fact that Sharp has interfered with the Arkham parole boards power, leaving him wondering who will decide if the convicts will be fit to rejoin society. He later comes forward with information on Strange's medical record and his criminal history, in hopes of destroying his plans for Arkham, but Strange passes off the unearthed history as being placed to make him a scapegoat and tells Bruce easily that Arkham City will go ahead as planned, and that he is amused by Wayne's attempts of stopping him. At the end, it is revealed that Strange discovered long ago that Bruce Wayne was Batman and he awaited his return to Arkham.
Arkham City IncidentEdit
As Bruce Wayne rather than Batman, Bruce would protest against the prison, Arkham City, gaining a large following because of the pull his family had in the city. However, it was quickly stopped when TYGER Security Guards arrested him. Inside Arkham City, he was tortured by Hugo Strange, who revealed he knew his secret identity and threatened to tell everyone if he tried to stop his plans, namely "Protocol 10."
Bruce tries to escape after Strange leaves. A TYGER guard enters, trying to kick Wayne but manages to take his radio encryption key and pockets it before another guard strikes him against the wall and drags him out into the processing area. Passing criminals like Black Mask, random thugs and a non-costumed Deadshot (who had been hired to kill Wayne in Arkham, along with other political prisoners), Bruce made his way to the front of the line to Arkham City.
Bruce is thrown into the front area, along with a familiar face, Jack Ryder, who was also imprisoned for speaking out against the prison. Urging Jack Ryder not to panic as the doors open, Ryder ignored him and charged out along with another prisoner, finding the inmates of Arkham City forming a welcoming party. Beating the two of them down, Bruce came to Ryder's rescue, knocking out the thugs and helping Ryder to his feet. However, the gates of the prison opened and allowed in the Penguin and his gang, the Penguin, delighted to have Wayne because of the long standing enmity between them, says "Welcome to hell!" as a thug knocks Wayne down with a pipe from behind. Penguin mockingly says "Nighty night" and stomps on Wayne's face, knocking him out.
Bruce wakes up, being dragged in front of the Penguin underneath the old Ace Chemicals building. Penguin wanting "good old fashioned revenge." tries to beat him Bruce, however, was still not to be trifled with. As Penguin punched, Bruce grabbed his fist and twisted it, breaking Cobblepot's fingers and fought his thugs eventually breaking his handcuffs in one strike, beating the thugs and Cobblepot and climbs to the rooftops, now in contact with Alfred and letting him know about Strange. The Batwing drops in a Batsuit for him and he dons it, becoming Batman.
Later, when Batman is infected, he seeks out Ra's al Ghul for his blood so Mr. Freeze can make a cure, even seeing his dead parents telling him to let go. This brings Bruce back into contact with his former lover Talia. As Bruce convinces Talia to let him take the demon trials he eventually reveals that he had no intentions of killing Ra's which made Talia very infuriated but eventually gained a cure for himself.
A week after Talia was killed by Joker, and Joker by the poison in his own blood, Bruce fell into a state of depression for losing his love and not being able to save Joker, refusing to talk about it to Barbara or Tim.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Thomas and Martha Wayne were gunned down in an alley outside the Monarch Theatre when Bruce Wayne was just a boy. He was raised by the wayne family bulter, Alfred Pennyworth. Upton his return to Gotham City two years ago, the sole surviving wayne made an impression on them city with philanthropy as well as his aggressive reluctance to discuss exactly where he was or what he was doing during his time away. All Reports indicate Wayne Enterprises and Wayne himself are inscrutable, but someone with this much power and infulence should be watched closely.
- Peak-Human Physical & Mental Attributes
- Peak-Human Strength & Speed
- Peak-Human Tolerance & Durability
- Peak-Human Metabolism & Stamina
- Peak-Human Mental & Aging Process
- Peak-Human Agility & Reflexes
- Peak-Human Instincts & Senses
- Master Martial Artist, Espionage & Melee Combatant
- Genius-Level Intellect
- Tactical Analysis
- Gadgets Usage
- Eidetic Memory
- Master Of Disguise
- Business Management (CEO OF WayneTech)
Allies and EnemiesEdit
- Harvey Dent (formerly)
- The Joker (Deceased)
- In Batman: Arkham Asylum, players play as a young Bruce Wayne in one of Scarecrow's nightmares. The nightmare shows Bruce's reaction to his parents murder, and also sheds some light on his relationship with Commissioner Gordon.
- In Batman: Arkham City, Bruce Wayne is playable during the first part of the game.
- In the Batman: Arkham Origins Initiation DLC, Bruce Wayne debuts as an alternate selectable character along with two alternate skins. The DLC details part of Bruce's travels in Asia, training with the the League of Assassins ninja master Kirigi.
- Bruce Wayne appears as a selectable costume in Batman Arkham Origins Lockdown This is merely a cosmetic change, as he will still be referred to as Batman.
- Bruce is again playable in the first part of the Cold Cold Heart DLC of Arkham Origins. As Penguin thugs ransack Wayne Manor, Bruce must fight his way through his own home to get to the Batcave via the wine cellar entrance and suit up as The Dark Knight.
- In Arkham City, Batman hacks Deadshot's PDA that has the list of his victims and three remaining and Bruce is on his list, to kill just before he kills Batman. This is due to the fact that Deadshot is unaware of Batman's secret identity.
- In Arkham Origins, Bruce is playable in a character mod. He wears a Arkham City free zone tag like the same in the opening event of Batman: Arkham City.
- In Enigma's hideout, there are newspapers indicating that Enigma suspects that either Bruce Wayne or Harvey Dent is Batman.
- During his travels, Bruce Wayne trained with the best martial art masters, manhunters, and detectives, and in time became a master of his own in all of these fields, along with gadgetry.
- Bruce also collected many gadgets, items and artifacts.
- Bruce trained with the League of Assassins, but he did'nt know Talia or Ra's al Ghul at the time. Master Kirigi (one of the heads of the League) favoured him and trained more then other members and interested why he refused to kill.
- Bruce also had minor training with other martial artists around the world.
- The League of Assassins also trained him how to resist poison, hypnosis, mind control and perfect focus.
- One of Bruce's key stops was with a brilliant engineer named Sergei, who trained him in advanced weapons technology in Egypt, a lesson he used in making his gadgets as Batman.
- Bruce Wayne trained under Henri Ducard in manhunting, detective work, Interrogation, and firearms. Ducard was regarded as the best detective in world, but was known to work both sides of the law. Bruce left Ducard after he killed a man during training.
- Bruce became The Batman at the age of 28.
- Perhaps Bruce's strongest characteristic is his strong moral code to never kill.
- Bruce had learnt much in his travels.
- He was gone for 7 years.