|Real name:||Bruce Wayne|
Base of Operations:
|Height:||6ft 2in/ 1.89 meters|
|First Appearance:||Detective Comics #27(May 1939)|
| Kevin Conroy (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City)|
Roger Craig Smith (Arkham Origins)
Born into the wealthy Wayne family, Bruce Wayne had an idyllic childhood, although he was given a strong sense of justice by his moralistic and philanthropic parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. After their violent murder at the hands of a mugger, Bruce dedicated his life to battling the criminal element that took their lives. He left Gotham for many years to train his mental and physical abilities across the globe, finally returning to take up the mantle of the Dark Knight.
Road to Origins IncidentEdit
Bruce Wayne, who has been training overseas in North Korea, takes on various brutal challenges against his fellow students orchestrated by Kirigi. Bruce faced his final test, that proved he is worthy to his master, Kirigi. He is also interested in Bruce's unwillingness to kill. Kirigi decides to give Bruce the training that he seeks thus completing the first steps to becoming Batman.
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
On Christmas Eve, Bruce Wayne, who has only been Batman for two years, discovers that the criminal mob boss Black Mask has hired a cadre of eight assassins to kill him for reasons unknown, with a bounty of fifty million posted for him.
He must find out what Black Mask has against him, but it also brings him into conflict with the assassins Bane, Copperhead, Deathstroke, Shiva, Deadshot, Firefly, Electrocutioner, Killer Croc as well as the black marketeer Penguin. He also confronts Anarky, Riddler and Mad Hatter. His campaign as the Batman often brings him into conflict with his friend and butler, Alfred Pennyworth, and sees him as a parental figure holding him back. After Batman discovers that Joker and Harley Quinn is the real threat, posing as an imprisoned Black Mask, he is haunted by the nature of his insanity whilst having intense flashbacks to the night his parents were murdered.
Later, whilst investigating Bane's whereabouts, he learns in his lair that Bane has discovered who he is which causes Bane to attack Wayne Manor and leaves Alfred dead. Bruce using Electrocutioner's gloves, manages to revive Alfred and decides to give up on being Batman. Alfred however manages to bring him around reminding him that he cannot fight alone, which stired Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon
Cold Cold Heart IncidentEdit
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
After Arkham IncidentEdit
Quincy Sharp reveals plans for the construction of Arkham City, which Bruce says he's taking a "wait and see" stance on, despite the disturbing fact that Sharp has interfered with the Arkham parole boards power, leaving him wondering who will decide if the convicts will be fit to rejoin society. He later comes forward with information on Strange's medical record and his criminal history, in hopes of destroying his plans for Arkham, but Strange passes off the unearthed history as being placed to make him a scapegoat and tells Bruce easily that Arkham City will go ahead as planned, and that he is amused by Wayne's attempts of stopping him. At the end, it is revealed that Strange discovered long ago that Bruce Wayne was Batman and he awaited his return to Arkham.
Arkham City IncidentEdit
As Bruce Wayne rather than Batman, Bruce would protest against the prison, Arkham City, gaining a large following because of the pull his family had in the city. However, it was quickly stopped when TYGER Security Guards arrested him. Inside Arkham City, he was tortured by Hugo Strange, who revealed he knew his secret identity and threatened to tell everyone if he tried to stop his plans, namely "Protocol 10."
Bruce tries to escape after Strange leaves. A TYGER guard enters, trying to kick Wayne but manages to take his radio encryption key and pockets it before another guard strikes him against the wall and drags him out into the processing area. Passing criminals like Black Mask, random thugs and a non-costumed Deadshot (who had been hired to kill Wayne in Arkham, along with other political prisoners), Bruce made his way to the front of the line to Arkham City.
Bruce is thrown into the front area, along with a familiar face, Jack Ryder, who was also imprisoned for speaking out against the prison. Urging Jack Ryder not to panic as the doors open, Ryder ignored him and charged out along with another prisoner, finding the inmates of Arkham City forming a welcoming party. Beating the two of them down, Bruce came to Ryder's rescue, knocking out the thugs and helping Ryder to his feet. However, the gates of the prison opened and allowed in the Penguin and his gang, the Penguin, delighted to have Wayne because of the long standing enmity between them, says "Welcome to hell!" as a thug knocks Wayne down with a pipe from behind. Penguin mockingly says "Nighty night" and stomps on Wayne's face, knocking him out.
Bruce wakes up, being dragged in front of the Penguin underneath the old Ace Chemicals building. Penguin wanting "good old fashioned revenge." tries to beat him Bruce, however, was still not to be trifled with. As Penguin punched, Bruce grabbed his fist and twisted it, breaking Cobblepot's fingers and fought his thugs eventually breaking his handcuffs in one strike, beating the thugs and Cobblepot and climbs to the rooftops, now in contact with Alfred and letting him know about Strange. The Batwing drops in a Batsuit for him and he dons it, becoming Batman.
Later, when Batman is infected, he seeks out Ra's al Ghul for his blood so Mr. Freeze can make a cure, even seeing his dead parents telling him to let go. This brings Bruce back into contact with his former lover Talia. As Bruce convinces Talia to let him take the demon trials he eventually reveals that he had no intentions of killing Ra's which made Talia very infuriated but eventually gained a cure for himself.
A week after Talia was killed by Joker, and Joker by the poison in his own blood Bruce tell into a state of depression for losing his love and not being able to save Joker, refusing to talk about it to Barbara or Tim.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
Allies and EnemiesEdit
- Harvey Dent (formerly)
- In Batman: Arkham Asylum, players play as a young Bruce Wayne in one of Scarecrow's nightmares. The nightmare shows Bruce's reaction to his parents murder, and also sheds some light on his relationship with Commissioner Gordon.
- In Batman: Arkham City, Bruce Wayne is playable during the first part of the game.
- In the Batman: Arkham Origins Initiation DLC, Bruce Wayne debuts as an alternate selectable character along with two alternate skins. The DLC details part of Bruce's travels in Asia, training with the secluded ninja master Kirigi.
- Bruce Wayne appears as a selectable costume in Batman Arkham Origins Lockdown This is merely a cosmetic change, as he will still be referred to as Batman.
- By scanning Wayne Enterprises in "Arkham Asylum", you will get Bruce Wayne's bio.
- In Arkham City, the first part of the game has you play as Bruce Wayne as he is interred at Arkham. Despite being handcuffed and legcuffed, he is still a worthy opponent, taking down heavier thugs easily.
- If you play as Bruce and decide to take down the Penguin when he first attacks you, he will technically be the first villain you beat.
- He would also be the only villain defeated by Bruce Wayne.
- It's possible to play as Bruce by modding the PC version of Batman: Arkham Origins. He will retain the same moveset he does in the beginning of Arkham City. He's available in two skins.
- In Arkham Origins, Bruce is playable in the DLC Initiation both in challenge map and campaign. He's available in two skins weary traveler and ninja attire (Vigilante).
- It appears that while you play as Bruce Wayne in Arkham Origins predator maps, the "Boss" of the challenge does not inform the thugs when somebody has been taken out.