The collection includes both games, and all previously released downloadable content. It was originally set to be released on July 26th 2016, but was delayed. It was released to the public on October 18th 2016.
Differences to the original games
- The remasters feature improved graphics and lightning effects. City's framerate is unlocked, allowing it to occasionally rise higher than the original.
- Both remasters come with all the DLC included.
- PS4 version no longer allows 2 different control schemes, with B (L2/R2 gadgets, L1 detective mode) being the default one, similarly to Origins and Knight.
- Joker's hair is slightly darker, likely to better match his appearance in Origins and Knight.
- Many character models (especially alternate skins) have much more detail in them.
- There's now rain during free roam, and Batman's suit gets wet (Not as detailed as Knight's effect).
- Batman's mouth has a different design.
- The Joker has a brighter design than in the original.
- The cut-scenes look more clear and there is no motion blurs.
- Batman gains the cuts on his right cheek earlier in the game than in the original, getting them during his fight with Bane instead of the fight with the two Titan henchmen in the botanic garden. Also unlike the original there is no blood on the cuts now.
- Killer Croc might be slightly more aggressive, attacking Batman more often. And now he will often times appear in different spots and charge at Batman, making the encounter slightly more challenging. (At times he might immediately jump up from the water after getting hit by a Batarang)
- There are slight changes in color schemes, most notably on the main menu, being less blue and leaning towards grey/green.
- Batman's cape/cowl is now black, instead of dark blue/purple.
- Batman's cape also shows the fibers in it, not just a smooth black color.
- Joker's Titan Disease makes Joker look more affected by it.
- Clay-Face Joker retains the lighter design of Joker from Arkham Asylum.
- All the DLC costumes are available for use within the main game rather than just New Game Plus.
- Penguin's character model has changed only for the head section, he now has the head model from Arkham Knight (albeit with hair), and he now also has striped trousers instead of plain black, though because of the new head model it is possible to see through the bottom of the furred portion of Penguin's coat.
- In the church the Riddler's projection screen is now green instead of a light yellow.
- Like Asylum, there are slight changes in color schemes, such as the Gotham skyline, now blue instead of orange.
- The wet grounds of Arkham City now reflect under lights.
- The slight lag in the subtitles when listening to Thomas Elliot's voice message has been fixed.