Years later he would begin to use the caves to store his equipment secretly as the vigilante Batman, eventually transforming the cave itself into a base of operations for his continuing war on crime.
Before Arkahm Origins IncidentEdit
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Bruce discovered a cave underneath Wayne Manor and using the bat as an inspiration bruce turn the cave into as a base of operations for his war on crime. After two years bruce developed training station for him to stay in shape and ready for anything, a work shop to work on his gadgets and Batwing, State-Of-The-Art Survelilance Technology, electronics, and various forensic tools each had a designed area, the Batsuit now has housed in a stand-alone container, which allowed it too breathe and contract after each use, so as not lose its shape. And he setup secret enterances and exits throughout cave that lead to Wayne Manor one in the library and wine cellar. Not only it is base of operations but it is a place were bruce can be himself.
The Batcave is accessible in Batman: Arkham Origins and works as a hub to acess challenge maps, alternate Batsuits, and Alfred. It is first shown in the opening cutscene, with Bruce entering the cave and suiting up. He leaves via the Batwing to go to Blackgate Prison. From then on, the player is free to come and go from the cave whenever they please.
However, going to the Batcave is also part of a mission at several points during the story. First, before the player can enter the GCPD and acess the National Criminal Database, they return to the Batcave and retrieve the Concussion Detonator, a new gadget. Second, after Bane deduces Batman's identity, the player returns to find the cave destroyed and a beaten Alfred laying on a rock towards the bottom of the cave. After this, whenever the player returns to the cave, it is still in the destroyed state, with several parts of it destroyed.
Cold Cold Heart IncidentEdit
In the DLC, there is shown to be two entrances to the Batcave. The clock in the study(although the player can not use this entrance) and in the wine cellar as a failsafe. In the cave, some of the damage from Bane's attack is fixed by the time New Years Eve came around. But the work station and Batmobile prototype are still gone. It also appears to be somewhat expanded with a new elevator leading down into the cave by the training area.
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Arkham City IncidentEdit
Nightwing and Robin are seen in the Batcave participating in a training simulation of TYGER guards attempting to take over the cave, which was staged for them by Batman before the Arkham City incident. After Bruce Wayne was captured and incarcerated in Arkham City, Hugo Strange's TYGER guards attempted to take over Wayne Manor and the Batcave to take advantage of Wayne being in Arkham City. Luckily, Nightwing, Robin and Alfred stepped in to defend the Manor, taking out the TYGER guards and managed to keep Wayne Manor and the Batcave safe.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
It wasn't officially confirmed that the Batcave is accessible in the game, but Wayne Manor was only given a brief cameo appearance in the E3 demo. It is said that the Gotham Clock Tower will house as a makeshift Batcave.
- The Batcave Predator map is featured in the Challenge Map DLC pack for Batman: Arkham City.
- The Batcomputer will mention how many guards remain as well as those taken out.
- Near the Batwing, on the ground beside the grate, is the Grapnel Boost and several of the containment pods that housed the Batsuit at the beginning of the game.
- There is a statue construct of Batman in the hallway to the right of the T-Rex.
- There's a reference to Jason Todd, the second Robin, in the challenge map of Batcave. The Batmobile is without it's tires, refering to the first encounter between Jason and Batman, when Jason was trying to steal the tires of the Batmobile and in Arkham Unhinged there is a glimpse of Jason's Robin uniform on display in the cave as it is a memorial to him when he was killed by the Joker.
- One of the monitors in the Batcave is showing video of the Cathedral in Arkham City, the other is from Arkham Asylum.