The Bat Family was Batman's team that included Alfred Pennyworth, Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Lucius Fox, Oracle/Batgirl, Catwoman (occasionally) and Red Hood.
Arkham Origins Incident
Alfred appeared at a stressful point in his and Bruce's relationship. Oracle also appears in Origins, but as a young Barbara Gordon who sent Batman on a mission to get rid of Penguin's weapons crates. Barbara was clearly upset with her father and the justice system in Gotham City. Barbara hinted at Batman that a partnership could be formed. Although Dick Grayson himself did not appear in the story, a poster that showed the Flying Graysons could be found at the GCPD.
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum
Within those several years, Dick Grayson was orphaned and took up the identity of Robin. After years of fighting crime as Robin, Dick then passed on the mantle to Jason Todd and he himself took on the identity of Nightwing to fight crime both independently in Blüdhaven and along side the rest of the Bat Family in Gotham. During that time, Barbara also took on the identity of Batgirl. Within months of becoming Robin, Jason attempted to murder the Joker only to be captured and tortured for several months before being shot and killed. In actual fact, his death was faked and Joker continued to torture Jason for just over a year in an abandoned wing at Arkham Asylum before Jason escaped. However, Jason did not rejoin the Bat Family and was still presumed dead. Bruce stopped looking for Jason after he received his death on tape and allowed Tim Drake to fight crime along side him as Robin. In retaliation to Commissioner Gordon's efforts, Joker crippled Barbara, and confined her to a wheel chair. Barbara was forced to give up fighting crime in the field and took on the mantle of Oracle. Catwoman also became a notorious thief in Gotham, and her love/hate relationship with Batman bloomed, which also became a problem when faced between making decisions conflicting between Batman's intentions and the intentions of herself and her fellow criminals, notably her close friends, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.
Arkham Asylum Incident
Both Oracle and Alfred communicated with Batman via three-way radio communications during the night.
Between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
In the year between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City , Oracle, Alfred, Robin, and Nightwing helped Batman get more information on the Arkham City Project, and Mayor Quincy Sharp's mysterious associate, Professor Hugo Strange.
Arkham City Incident
Batman's allies included Alfred and Oracle by communication only, while Robin helped Batman fight off three of Ra's al Ghul's assassins. Batman later communicated with Robin via radio communication after he defeated Ra's. Catwoman also appeared and aided Batman in gaining information as well as saving his life during Protocol 10. While never appearing or mentioned in game, Nightwing was confirmed to have remained at Wayne Manor, and protected it, Alfred, and the Batcave from TYGER and Henchmen during the incident. Although not mentioned in game, Batman was captured by Ivy and Harley in order to test their friendship with Catwoman, and in general, revenge in regards to her actions which officially ended their close friendship, and allowed Catwoman to keep herself aligned with the Bat Family (when it favored her).
Between Arkham City and Arkham Knight
Robin rescued Batman after he was captured by a mourning Harley Quinn. Alfred also aided Batman in identifying the Bookbinder as well as fending off an attack from a reformed Suicide Squad lead by Penguin while being spied on by the Arkham Knight, who was secretly killing criminals that Batman captured.
Arkham Knight Incident
Alfred, Oracle, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman all aided Batman in his missions in Gotham City during Arkham Knight. Jason Todd returned as the Arkham Knight and initially opposed Batman, but after he was beaten and called Robin numerous times by Batman during the fight, he gave in. It was revealed that the tape of his death was faked and the Joker took the opportunity to break Jason into hating Batman. It was also revealed, that the period of time that Joker tortured Jason (originally believed to be just over 6 months) had in fact been over a year before he was able to escape. Jason forgave Batman for not being able to save him and came to his aid after Batman gave himself up to Scarecrow to save Robin and Commissioner Gordon. During that encounter, a Red Bat symbol was painted on the chest of Jason's Suit, which signified his re-union with the Bat Family and his forgiveness towards Batman. However, it was a grim reminder of his murderous crime fighting tactics.
After Arkham Knight Incident
- Tim and Barbara got married after the events of Arkham Knight. They both continued to fight crime.
- Lucius Fox and Dick united after the events of Arkham Knight and began to work together. Dick makes it clear to the GCPD that he isn't in Gotham and operates out of Bludhaven, although he would likely show up to assist in times of crisis given how close Bludhaven is to Gotham such as when he stopped The Penguins escape.
- Selina was on her own. However, the millions she stole from The Riddler might allow her to retire early.
- Azrael's status was unknown given his side mission has two outcomes. Regardless of the choice Azrael is out of the picture for the foreseeable future as he is either in jail or hunting down his former order.
- Jason rejoined the Bat Family and claimed the mantle of the Red Hood and began to bring his own brand of justice to Gotham in Batman's name
- The only members who knew that Jason was alive were Batman, Oracle, and Alfred. It was unknown if Gordon knew who The Arkham Knight was but he did learn who Batman was during this time. Even if Gordon knew who The Knight was he likely wouldn't do anything given his relationship and trust of Batman.
- Gordon became Gotham's Mayor after the events of Arkham Knight.
- Tim Drake / Robin
- Lucius Fox (tech support)
- Barbara Gordon / Batgirl / Oracle
- Dick Grayson / Robin / Nightwing
- Michael Lane / Azrael (possibly)
- Jason Todd / Robin / Arkham Knight / Red Hood
Real name: Bruce Alan Wayne
Height: Six feet and two inches
Real name: Timothy "Tim" Jackson Drake
Height: Six feet
Hair: Black (shaved)
Real name: Richard "Dick" John Grayson
Height: Six feet
Real name: Barbara Gordon
Height: Five feet and eleven inches
Real name: Selina Kyle
Height: Five feet and seven inches
Real name: Jason Peter Todd
Height: 6 feet
- Two current members of the Bat Family have tried to kill Batman in the past. Catwoman in Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, and Jason Todd in Batman: Arkham Knight. In addition, Gordon tried to arrest Batman during Batman: Arkham Origins.
- Jason's actions did play a part on the Batman's presumed death.
- Batman had been saved by everyone that he fought alongside:
- Oracle saved him from the tanks in front of GCPD by hacking them.
- Nightwing broke in when Batman was taken by Penguin.
- Robin found and saved Batman from Harley's deathtrap and knocked her out later when she attempted to stab Batman.
- Jason saved Batman from Scarecrow.
- Catwoman joined the final fight with the Riddler, and saved Batman from rubble in Batman: Arkham City.
- Gordon saved Batman from a sniper, and from Killer Croc during the Blackgate Prison Riot.
- Oracle and Alfred were the only ones to appear in every game, albeit not always physically.
- Whether or not Azrael is a member is uncertain, as his fate depends on the player. He might turn against Batman or become a potential ally.
- All of the members of the Bat Family had been taken hostage at some point:
- Batman was taken by Harley, held at swordpoint by the League of Assassins and Penguin's Henchmen briefly, saved himself from Harley, Robin saved him from the League of Assassins and Nightwing from Penguin's men.
- Nightwing by Penguin, saved by Batman
- Alfred by Bane and then Mr. Freeze's Henchmen, saved by Batman on both occasions
- Robin by Scarecrow, saved by Batman
- Gordon by Joker (twice), Scarecrow and Harley, saved by Batman from Joker and Scarecrow, Batgirl (his own daughter) saved him from Joker and Harley
- Jason by Joker, saved by no one and escaped himself
- Catwoman by Riddler and Two-Face, saved by Batman on both occasions
- Oracle by the Arkham Knight and Scarecrow, Rescued by Batman and her father, Commissioner Gordon
- Lucius by Hush, rescued by Batman
- Batman had been held hostage the most and for the longest period of time out of all the Bat Family, totaling 5 times (briefly detained by Harley's men during Arkham Asylum, twice during Arkham City, once again by Harley after Arkham City, and briefly by Penguin's men during Arkham Knight) with Nightwing being held Hostage the least and for the shortest amount of time.
- Jason was the only one who Bruce did not bid farewell to.
- The only member of the Bat Family whose real face was never fully shown was Nightwing.
- Batman was seen unmasked several times during the series.
- Robin took his mask off for a moment inside Panessa Studios (hallucination, but still counted)
- Catwoman didn't really hide her face, and only covered her hair.
- Jason Todd was seen unmasked during Batman's hallucinations and inside The Militia's HQ
- Batgirl was seen as Oracle in Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Knight
- Alfred, Gordon, and Lucius never wore anything that actively covered their faces.
- Joker had a burning hatred for the Bat Family, merely because he felt that they came between him and Batman, and believed that Batman's allies ruined the fun that Joker usually had when fought his foe. His hatred was so great he has attempted to kill them on numerous occasions.