Base of Operations:
|Gotham City (formerly South America)|
Green (on Venom)
|Height:|| 6 ft 8 in (Normal) |
7 ft 3 in (On Regular Venom)
5 ft 6 in (Stunted by TN-1)
9 ft 2 in (On Titan)
10 ft 1 in (TN-1)
|Weight:|| 140 pounds|
350 pounds (on Venom)
|First Appearance:||Batman Arkham Asylum: The Road to Arkham (comic), Batman: Arkham Asylum (game)|
| Fred Tatasciore (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City)
J.B. Blanc (Arkham Origins)
- "I've long waited for this moment. With your death, I will find peace."
Determined to seek vengence against him, he sought out Batman, this time with a larger amount of the Venom steroid and broke the Dark Knight's spine after causing a breakout that took Batman weeks to round up the escaped villains.
But the Batman recovered and managed to best Bane, cutting off the precious Venom supply that transforms Bane into a metahuman. Bane continues to seek revenge against the Dark Knight and now and again manages to beat him, but always ends up being defeated by him.
Bane grew up in the horrendous and violent confines of a Santa Prisca prison, having been imprisoned since childhood for his father's crimes. His father was a revolutionary mercenary who opposed the Santa Prisca government, but was eventually caught and sentenced to life in prison. The man died before his sentence was complete however, leaving his next of kin to be imprisoned; Bane. At the age of eight, Bane had committed his first murder with the use of a knife he kept in his teddy bear, Osito, whom he viewed as his one true friend, when a fellow inmate tried to use him to find out information on the prison.
Despite his violent surroundings, Bane would train his body and mind to perfection, reading any book he could get his hands on, toning his body in the prison's gym, and even receiving a classical education from some of the prison inmates, including a Jesuit priest. Due to the cultural and geographical location of the prison, Bane learned a variety of languages, including English, Latin, Portuguese, and Spanish. Before long, Bane is able to have complete control over the prison population and becomes its self proclaimed ruler. However, Bane would be plagued by intense nightmares that were centralized on a dark and shadowy creature that resembles a bat. Seeking to achieve his own sense of peace and conquer other territories and their population, Bane lusts to escape from the confines of the prison.
His ambitions would be set in motion when the prison owners and doctors sought to use Bane, having recognized his position as the prison's leader among the inmate population, to test out military experiments, primarily dealing with the chemical compound known as 'Venom', which could increase an individual's muscle mass, stamina, invulnerability, and adrenaline a great deal. Bane is then strapped to a storage unit that pumps the drug throughout his system and, much to the success of the experiment, the Venom is perfectly assimilated into his body. However, Bane uses this to his advantage, and violently slaughters his captors, building up an army of mercenaries from within the prison and escapes with his army in tow, which included Angel Vallelunga, Sergio Ortiz, and Diego Ortiz, who would adopt the names of Bird, Trogg, and Zombie, respectively.
While having achieved his freedom at last, Bane is soon addicted to the chemical of Venom and would constantly create more batches of the drug to feed his appetite and addiction for it. Before long, Bane begins to despise his addiction, seeing it as weakness and begins tracking down and slaughtering its manufacturers; despite this, Bane would never break completely free of his addiction. Seeking more challenges to prove his own strength and skill, Bane begins to look for worthy adversaries and territories to conquer. After his escape, his actions led to his being listed as a suspected terrorist, as well as a suspected subversive, suspected mass murderer, and suspected drug dealer, as well as being placed on the person of interest watchlist alongside presumably other high-ranking warrants, and was also speculated to have suffered from medical psychosis. Bane also decided to try to kick his addiction to Venom by creating TN-1, although his tests all indicated that it would cause gradual memory loss, and planned to get willing volunteers as he perfects the formula to eliminate the side effect.
Hearing from his right-hand man, Bird, who previously worked with the Gotham criminal underworld, that there were rumors of a Bat-like creature protecting the city of Gotham, Bane believes this to be the same creature plaguing his nightmares and that it was fate that he and this 'Bat' creature meet. Gotham City itself intrigues Bane because, like his previous environment in the prison, Gotham is ruled by fear; fear of the Batman. Bane then makes it his mission to not only conquer Batman, but Gotham itself, and build up his own criminal empire to achieve the peace he has longed for at last.
Before Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
At some point before or during the events of Arkham Origins, Bane meets one of his rivals, Shiva, whom he is immediately suspicious of. Intent on finding out what her real motives are, Bane manages to have a conversation with her. Asking her why she is really there, Shiva remains elusive which prompts Bane to try and threaten her. Shiva responds by stunning Bane with inside knowledge of his plans regarding the TN-1 formula. When Bane demands to know how she came by this information, Shiva simply tells him that her master has a great deal of knowledge. Bane realizing who Shiva's true master is, immediately questions her on what he's planning, only for Shiva to both threaten and warn him against trying to interfere.
This implies that Bane has encountered Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins before or at the very least heard of them.
Arkham Origins IncidentEdit
Bane is one of the eight assassins that is hired by Joker, under the guise of the city's biggest mob boss, Black Mask, to kill Batman on Christmas Eve night. Having been smuggled into Gotham along with several of his fellow mercenaries courtesy of the crime lord, including his right hand man Bird, Bane was greeted by several of Black Mask's henchmen, with two being charged with ensuring Bane was as tough as he claims to be by engaging him in a brutal fight. Soundly defeating both men and breaking their necks in the process, Bane was presented with a contract for $50 million for the Dark Knight's head, though the mercenary was more concerned with killing the hero for his own grand plans and designs, with the bounty money simply being a nice consolation.
Bane's true objective was to kill Batman to achieve his own sense of peace, believing the Dark Knight to be a dark figment of his imagination as he rotted in his Santa Prisca prison, and then conquer Gotham City and forge his own criminal empire. To this end, Bane and his forces seize complete control over sections of old Gotham easily with a decreased amount of police activity in light of the destructive events occurring all throughout Gotham, and set up their headquarters within an old sewer network.
Setting up multiple monitors and even a makeshift gym, Bane next strikes a deal with The Penguin to obtain immense weaponry and military grade equipment and firearms as his forces steal several choppers to expand their forces. Bane also takes full advantage of Bird's connections to the Gotham criminal underworld to smuggle in massive amounts of Venom, the chemical that allows Bane to increase his strength and adrenaline.
Bane then begins not only selling Venom as a drug on the streets to find suitable followers and increase his numbers, but also experiments with the compound to create an even more potent variation of Venom known as TN-1, which would eliminate the need of a storage tank. Having tested it out on numerous followers, many of which horrifically mutate and perish, Bane learns that one of the side effects is severe memory loss. Despite having made great progress with his research, allowing his followers to assimilate the drug into their body without harmful physical effects, Bane has yet to find a solution to overcome this severe memory loss. Bane also pours much of his resources into uncovering Batman's true identity and studies the hero extensively within his research facility of his hideout, eventually coming extremely close to deducing who Batman really is.
While Bane remains in hiding for the first part of the brutal night, making his plans while Bird and his men seize control of various areas within the criminal underworld, Bane is called to a meeting with Firefly, Electrocutioner and Joker, the true mastermind behind the hiring of the assassins, who has been impersonating Black Mask for several days for his own agenda of chaos. Following the meeting, he waits at the hotel, knowing Batman would come for the Joker. When Batman is about to enter the penthouse, Bane tears him from an elevator and brings him to the Joker, reluctantly giving them one minute to talk (due to the Joker's threat of detonating the Royal Hotel first while Batman, Bane, and himself were still inside when Bane attempted to kill Batman first).
When their minute was up, Bane knocks Batman about the room and flings him through the window and down into another section of the hotel, before progressing to the balcony. Moments before a conclusion could be reached, Batman told Bane that the latter had "just ran out of time," referring to two police helicopters that had arrived under the anonymous contact of Alfred, which are eventually blown apart by Bane's army, using their own stolen helicopters. Bane and his men then leave, believing that the tides have changed too much after a stray bullet had grazed him and promising to return for Batman's blood. However, Batman places a tracer of him, seemingly going unnoticed by Bane initially. Joker then fires on his chopper after he boards out of irritation that Bane's calling a retreat, with Bane retaliating by shooting at the Joker with a rocket launcher, nearly causing Joker to be killed from being knocked off by the explosion. Bane eventually orders for Bird to keep an eye out for Batman and fight him while he is delivering Venom supplies, having anticipated that Batman would attempt to interfere with the Venom shipments.
After hearing reports that an individual with a description similar to Bane had been shot, Batman breaks into the GCPD morgue, where he discovers it was just one of Bane's henchmen who had been using the TN-1 compound. Attempting to block any angle Bane might have, Batman apprehends many of his mercenaries throughout the city, including Bird, who was previously attempting to seize control of "My Alibi", a well known establishment rifled with corruption and the Gotham criminal underworld. Following the tracer, Batman arrives at Bane's headquarters, where he finds the abandoned tracer beside some computers containing evidence that Batman and Bruce Wayne are one and the same. Batman angrily destroys the computers and all other evidence, warning Alfred that Bane knows who he is and to remain hidden in the Batcave.
While Batman is busy stopping the assassin and pyromaniac, Firefly, from destroying the Pioneers Bridge, Bane breaks into Wayne Manor, locates and destroys the Batcave, then violently attacks Alfred and leaves enough life in him to say his final goodbyes to Batman. Bane plans to mold Batman into the perfect warrior in battle through the anger and hatred he would feels towards his fallen ally. As further insurance that Batman has only a few moments left with Alfred prior to the latter's death, Bane also, after communicating with Batman, wrecks the Batcomputer and with it his Detective Vision, forcing Batman to do enough hasty repairwork on the Batcomputer to restore his Detective vision to locate Alfred. However, Batman is able to save Alfred by jumpstarting his heart with Electrocutioner's shock gloves, which were taken from him earlier that night after Joker murdered him.
Bane next appears aids the Joker's siege on Blackgate Prison, bringing with him several of his own Venom and TN-1 powered henchmen. Making his way to the center of the prison, Batman finds Joker holding the warden hostage with Bane at his side. Joker reveals that he understands Batman and his code of ethics and has made it his new mission in life to make the hero give up his one rule by forcing him to take a life. Revealing that Bane holds a heart monitor that will charge up an electric chair, Joker sits in the chair and tells Batman that either he kills Bane to stop his heart from charging up the monitor and the chair or Joker will be electrified to death/Batman will end up killed; either way, Batman will be responsible for someone's death.
- "You will fight me with all your resolve. Or you will die. Someone is going to die: You, me or the clown. The question of which one of us it is - is in your hands."
Bane puts on the monitor, telling Batman to use all his hatred and anger from the loss of his ally in battle, as Joker's men strap him to the chair. To ensure that Batman and Bane do indeed battle, Joker has placed a bomb within the facility that will detonate and slaughter everyone if the heart monitor is removed from Bane. As Batman and Bane battle, Gordon arrives and shoots Joker's men who were holding Warden Joseph. As Joseph and Gordon attempt to get Joker out of the chair, Joker elbows both men, knocking out Joseph and holding Gordon at gunpoint with his own gun, putting the headpiece of the electric chair on Gordon, raising the stakes even higher for Batman.
Coming up with the plan to send Bane's heart in cardiac arrest, Batman uses his electric gloves to defeat Bane and stop his heart, making the Joker gleefully laugh. Joker then attempts to shoot Joseph dead when he awakes and stands up to the mass murderer, but Gordon jumps in front of him and takes the bullet instead. Joker continues to laugh and leaves the room to escape from the prison and continue his reign of terror and detonate the bombs he placed across Gotham with his forces and the escaping convicts.
Batman reveals to Gordon, who was not severely injured due to his bulletproof vest, that Bane can still be revived and tells him and the Warden to arrest the Joker before he can escape. As they do so, Batman revives Bane, who is more infuriated than ever and resorts to drastic measures; using a sample of TN-1 on himself to become even more powerful. As Bane does so, he becomes a hulking mass of muscle with an uncontrollable urge to kill Batman. Batman sprays a string of explosive gel in a circle around Bane and detonates it, destroying the floor beneath them and and dropping them into one of the prison corridors. Batman learns from Alfred that he needs to defeat Bane before the TN-1 reaches its full potency (which was estimated to be within ten minutes). Batman then proceeded to ambush Bane and ram him into several electrodes, as well as beating him into submission. However, despite doing it enough to temporarily stun him, Bane managed to recover quickly, and managed to punch him through a wall.
After one final, grueling battle, Batman is able to finally subdue Bane after strapping him to a pair of electrified pacification devices with his remote batclaw. Bane then barely declares that he must find the Bat Man, causing Batman to sarcastically tell him good luck with his goal. Batman also realizes that Bane's memory has been left damaged by the extensive use of TN-1, securing his identity once again. After defeating Bane, Batman leaves the assassin unconscious and hanging upside-down and is later apprehended following the Joker's own defeat.
One of Bane's soldiers, alongside 20 other escapees, also escaped the prison shortly thereafter (thanks to the Joker's earlier riot), and made plans with Bane's other henchmen to rescue him (as he failed to bust him out in his earlier escape largely because he was unable to save both himself and Bane). However, the plans ended before they could begin due to Batman tracking the prisoner down and beating him and his allies into submission before leaving them to be picked up by the GCPD as part of a favor to Captain Gordon.
Arkham Origins Blackgate IncidentEdit
Bane was placed into the Arkham Ward of Blackgate, a secure facility for the most dangerous criminals. He was also kept in a coma with most of his body withered away due to being deprived of his Venom equipment. A few months afterwards, a prison riot was instigated at Blackgate by Catwoman, with Bane being smuggled out by the female catburglar, and her cooperating with three of the ringleaders for Blackgate's riot: Black Mask, The Penguin, and The Joker, under the command of an anonymous employer (it is heavily implied that the employer was the Suicide Squad led by Amanda Waller). However, Batman interfered, with Bane being sent back into custody by the Suicide Squad to save face.
Assault on Arkham IncidentEdit
Bane along with several other villians are released by Joker at the end of the film. Bane is seen rampaging through the chaos and supposedly kills Killer Frost by throwing the GCPD cruiser she was trying to get away in into a wall, causing it to explode. Bane is easily beaten by Batman, who shows up and removes his Venom tubes and then throwing him off the bridge into the water below.
Road to Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
Years later, Bane was captured and quietly brought to Arkham Asylum so that Dr. Penelope Young could study him and the effects of Venom on the human body, so that she could design a more powerful variant of the formula known as Titan. When discussing the Titan Project in public, Bane's involvement was kept secret, and he was referred to only as "Patient X". Officially, Bane was listed as an escapee from Blackgate Penitentiary.
Arkham Asylum IncidentEdit
- "I will break you Batman. Then the "bruja"!"
Eventually, Batman cut Bane's Venom supply as the room collapsed upon itself. Batman escaped through a manhole to the surface where he reunited with Gordon. Bane managed to reattach his main valve and smashed his way to the surface, grabbing a hold of Batman and claiming that after he "breaks" Batman, the "bruja" (Dr. Young) would be next. Batman then summoned the Batmobile by remote control to their position and kicked Bane in its path. The Batmobile crashed into Bane, hurling him into the sea. In one of the three post-credit scenes, Bane emerges from the water by the docks and grabs onto a floating case of Titan.
After Arkham Asylum IncidentEditAfter being knocked off Arkham Island by the Batmobile, Bane washed ashore and was quickly recaptured and brought back to Arkham by the GCPD after the Joker's riots. As he recovered from his injuries, Bane sat in solitude and plotted his move in Arkham City, as it was publicly announced Blackgate prison would be closed and all criminals relocated to the new prison.
On his arrival in the prison city, having no love for his fellow inmates, Bane started an undercover fight club and challenged anyone brave enough to take him on in hand-to-hand combat, all failing to beat his incredible strength.
However, Joker soon heard of the club and sent a member of his crew a surprise in Bane's arena: the Titan formula, abundant in supply at the Joker's base of operations. Nearly defeated, Bane vowed to eradicate all traces of the deadly drug from the streets of Arkham to prevent himself from ever being bested.
While Robin investigated the prison posing as a street crook, Bane invaded the Museum and confronted Penguin about his supply of Titan and demanded it to be handed over to him. However, he was met with Solomon Grundy, who's brute strength and near immortal power forced him to retreat to the Krank Co. Toy Company to plan his capture of all the Titan within Arkham City.
His single minded quest would only be interrupted briefly when he later attended Two-Face's court as a juror in the trial to commend Joker's death, voting against the clown prince for his possession of Titan and vowed to collect it for his own.
Arkham City IncidentEdit
- "Surpised to see me, Batman?"
However, the comics also hint that he also wants to eliminate the Titan formula after an encounter with one of Joker's Henchmen who was infected with the formula and then died of a heart attack during their fight. While investigating Arkham City, Batman sees a distress flare and discovers Bane is hiding in an abandoned toy factory. Bane has come to Gotham in search of the twelve remaining containers of the Joker's Titan drug. Rather then fight, Bane suggests that the two team up in order to collect all of the drug samples so that they can be properly disposed of.
Dividing the containers equally, Batman and Bane both set out to find the drug. Later, after disposing of all containers of the drug with his explosive gel. Batman returns to the toy factory to check on Bane's progress. The two are quickly attacked by TYGER guards and easily defeat them. After the battle Batman confronts Bane about the Titan and Bane reveals he never intended to destroy it, rather keep it. Bane had already acquired his six containers and was outraged that Batman had destroyed the ones he was sent for.
Bane attacked Batman, but he was quickly disarmed and trapped behind a metal security fence. Batman then reveals that he was actually playing Bane, knowing full well that Bane would double cross him, he used this to his advantage so he could destroy the last six containers in one place rather then look for them all over Arkham City.
Bane is then left helpless as Batman destroys the last of the Titan. Bane then asked if he could be let out, but Batman refused, citing that aside from Bane's attempt at doublecrossing him, there's still several things for Batman to take care of in Arkham City.
After Arkham City IncidentEdit
After somehow escaping his predicament, Bane later appeared at the Church having been convinced by some of the inmates that there was Titan in the building. After breaking through the blast door, Bane was confronted by the guards who tried to stop him but were unable to get past his bullet proof skin. Bane was then about to kill the officers but Azrael quickly came to their rescue.
After a brief fight, Azrael was able to stop Bane thanks to some assistance from Aaron Cash by cutting off his Venom supply, Bane was then once again imprisoned, this time alongside Riddler who was rather upset with his new cell mate.
Arkham Knight IncidentEdit
One year after the events of Arkham City, Bane along with Batman's most dangerous villains work together to destroy the Bat.
Bane is a character in the side mission "Fragile Alliance" in which he teams up with Batman to destroy all of the TITAN containers that Joker smuggled with him. They each go after 6 containers and when they meet up they are attacked by Joker Henchmen or TYGER Guards (If you have or not finshed the story at the time you have done this mission).
Arkham Origins MultiplayerEdit
In Arkham Origins Multiplayer. Bane is a playable character through activating the Marked door by Bane's Elites, allowing to take control of him. Bane is intimidating, brutal and powerful, and he uses his brute strenght and cunning in order to win in his battles, he has many powerful melee takedowns, has speed that terrifies his adversaries and posses an enormous edurance, making him the most powerful character in Arkham Origins. In combat, Bane has no special abilities, he's marked, his health bar does not regenerate & he does not respawn after being defeated. But he compensates this by possesing unlimited sprinting, have opposing Elite's marked, melee from Elites & Heroes is suicidal, he can perform a smash attack that can knock Joker's Elites to the ground (does however stun friendly Elites temporally), can perform a quick execution to the Heroes with ease, and has a larger amount of health than the Elites, Heroes and Joker. His only weapon is his rocket launcher, it deals a large amount of damage, has unlimited ammo but has only one rocket at a time, does a big splash damage, has a long range and it's very effective against a group of Elites and also against the Heroes taking cover in vantage points or from long distance.
Bane is very confident in his strength, he is not above using trickery and power to achieve his goals, and has shown to be able to think of somewhat intricate plans that would end up taking out all his enemies. Bane is ruthless, intimidating and cold, willing to kill Joker's goons even when still in alliance and killing people with his bare hands without a care. Bane is shown to have a deep hatred for Batman, he has vicously thrown him on the ground and tried to kill him even though he saved him from cardiact arrest, he also betrays Batman in Arkham City in destroying the Titan containers, after fending off the Tyger Guards/Joker's Goons in Bane's hideout. Bane’s time in prison has affected him so greatly, to the point that he seeks to make Gotham experience the same situation the inmates did. He commands absolute loyalty from his men and he is perfectly willing to sacrifice them in pursuit of his goals.
Real Name: Unknown
The fugitive known as “Bane” is currently on the run and wanted by the sovereign government of Santa Prisca following a prison break from Pena Duro penitentiary. While no records have been found to substantiate this, rumors allege Bane was born and raised within the prison walls. Bane is believed to be traveling with a large group of mercenaries who refer to themselves only as “Followers”, Most notable is his chief subordinate Code-named Angel “Bird” Vallelunga, also a pena duro escapee.
Bane is rumored to have larger-than-normal size and extraordinary strength – though this is believed to be as a result of his abuse of performance enhancing drugs. Witnesses report observing temporary changes in musculature and bone structure in certain circumstances, but without physical proof this is regarded as unreliable testimony/exaggeration and highly unlikely.
Individual is deemed extremely dangerous – and is as cunning as he is physically strong. While he is often armed, his extreme physical strength is considered a deadly weapon even when he is unarmed.
Batman's Database ProfileEdit
Bane is a fugitive wanted by the government of Santa Prisca following a prison break from Pena Duro. While no records have been found to substantiate this, rumors allege Bane was born and raised within the prison walls - a seemingly impossible feat in the all-male penitentiary.
Bane is believed to be travelling with a large group of his fellow escapees. Most notable is his chief subordinate, "Bird". Bane is rumored to have super-human size and strength. Most believe this to be a result of his abuse of performance enhancing drugs, including the popular narcotic, Venom. Combined with a keen mind, this makes Bane an extreme threat.
CENTRAL SUBJECT FOR TITAN RESEARCH
Psychological Profile: The worst substance abuse case I have ever personally encountered, Bane is all but defined both physically and mentally by his use of the Venom compound. His body is ravaged and withered when he is in withdrawal, but upon being administered a dose of Venom, he becomes a physical monstrosity. A highly intelligent and strategic man, his sense of self has become totally dependent on his Venom addiction. When partaking, he displays intense narcissism, manifesting as megalomania and a competitive preoccupation with the Batman. Deprived of the compound, he is almost totally unresponsive in every way, approaching catatonia.
A childhood of intense deprivation resulted in a histrionic streak that has fixated him on destroying Batman in order to seek worldwide approval.
His antisocial upbringing has given him an intensely focused mind.
Dr. Hugo StrangeEdit
- Intense Focus
- Master Straegist
- Abnormally strong reaction to Venom, giving him incredibly enhanced physical abilities
- Master Escape Artist
- Eidetic Memory (During Arkham Origins)
- Hand to Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Weapon Master
- Tactical Analysis
- Peak Of Human Condition
- Bane: It is said 'that which does not kill you makes you stronger.' But that which makes you stronger, can often kill you. Addiction is a weakness. One that must be overcome. Venom has become my addiction - my weakness. To free myself, I have tried many things. For a time, I sought to eradicate Venom and wipe those who manufacture it from the face of the Earth, but lately I've gravitated towards project TN-1... a replacement drug which would eliminate Venom's addictive properties, and holds the promise of a permanent effect. If it works, I would no longer have need of the delivery system - another weakness. While early tests had to be terminated immediately, the latest subjects seem at least physically stable - but side effects are severe: immediate and permanent long-term memory loss followed by a general degradation of brain function that leaves the subject... primitive. Testing continues - the latest formula shows promise. Once I have eliminated the Bat, I will dedicate myself to finding a suitable 'volunteer' for my tests. End of recording.
- Bane: Answer my question. Why are you here?
- Shiva: The same as you, of course. Money, glory.
- Bane: Don't play games with me.
- Shiva: But you can play the cunning brute? I know of your reliance on Venom. And your desire to eliminate it.
- Bane: How do you - ?
- Shiva: When you've lived as long as the Master has, you can gather a great deal of knowledge.
- Bane: You're working for him? What is he planning?
- Shiva: You know better than to question his motives.
- "No. He's coming for you now. And when he gets here, I'm going to kill him. So you wait."
- "He's mine, payaso."
- "You have-one minute."
- "I've long waited for this moment. With your death, I will find peace."
- "Let us see what you can do."
- "You disappoint me, Batman."
- "Men do not fight with toys."
- "Will you offer me ANY true resistance?"
- "You will fall under my boot."
- "Run for your life!"
- "None will stand in my way."
- "Will you confront or avoid?"
- "You must come through me, Batman!"
- "I revel in this. We are as two titans, gods who battle for the soul of this city."
- "You will break. You are weak."
- "I will make this city kneel before me and then I will leave it in ashes."
- "Very good. I see there is still some fight left in you."
- "When I'm done with him, I'll be coming for you, payaso loco." [to Joker]
- "You cannot counter my tactics."
- "Stand your ground!"
- "Face me!"
- "Over here, Batman!"
- "Accept you end!"
- "You cannot win!"
- "This rooftop's getting too hot."
- "You got off easy."
- "I am in your house, Bruce."
- "Come home. Say your goodbyes. Once you've had time to turn grief into anger, then you'll be ready to face me."
- "I have left enough life in him for some final words...if you hurry."
- "Answer my question. Why are you here?"
- "Don't play games with me."
- "How do you-?"
- "You're working for him? What is he planning?"
- "Let's do this."
- "But you will. You will fight me with all your resolve. Or you will die. Someone is going to die: You, me or the clown. The question of which one of us it is-is in your hands."
- "A compassionate man would be home mourning the loss of his servant and life-long companion right now. Yet here you are."
- "You attention, Batman!"
- "Now we are getting somewhere!"
- "May you find the peace in death that you did not find in life."
- "There is nowhere safe."
- "Prepare yourself!"
- "Not long now, Batman."
- "You must face me!"
- "Rise to the challenge!"
- "You leave me no choice, Mr. Wayne."
- "No smoke!"
- "I want more!"
- "Found you!"
- "Oh! So you hide in the vents!"
- "Are you in there?"
- "Not in here!"
- "You must fight!"
- "I kill you!"
- "You in the vent again?"
- "Is Batman in the grate again?"
- "Come out of the grate now!"
- "I crush you!"
- "No more hiding here!"
- "I will be free!"
- "Now I kill the Bat!"
- "The Bat Man. I will... I must find the Bat Man."
Predator (KO'd henchmen)Edit
- "Another falls. The Batman insults your honor and you insult mine."
Progress of HenchmenEdit
- "Three down. I am ashamed."
- "Vigilance, brothers! Need I say it again?"
- "Vigilance! Vigilance!"
- "Rise. Embrace your fear. Channel it into strength or die like a coward."
- "Strategize! Brothers! You must strategize!"
- "Do not accept defeat. Defeat is weakness."
- "Brothers! Deal with Deathstroke, OR deal with me! Your choice!"
Batman: Arkham Origins MultiplayerEdit
Bane's Encrypted TransmissionEdit
- 1st transmission: "You have chosen wisely. I am creating an elite force; highly trained, ruthlessly efficient, the best of the best. Together, we will end Joker and break the Bat. I can tell you have it in you to excel. Perform to your potential, and you will reap the rewards. I've made new equipment available to you."
- 2nd transmission: "Your bravery and skill have been noted. Stay focused. Our rise is unstoppable. Soon, we'll have defeated the clown AND the Bat. Already, all of Gotham fears you. Feels good, doesn't it? I've arranged for you to receive something. Use it well."
- "This Wonder City Factory provides an army of mechanical guardians, kill anyone who stands in your way."
- "We have stage a distraction in Blackgate prison. Kill anyone who stands in our way."
Advantage to BaneEdit
- "We have majority control, keep it that way."
Disadvantage from JokerEdit
Disadvantage from HeroesEdit
Captain KO'd by the HeroesEdit
No more reinforcementsEdit
Killed a HeroEdit
Super Villian DoorEdit
Playing as BaneEdit
Beaten by HeroesEdit
Beaten by JokerEdit
- "Beaten by mere clowns? Not nearly good enough."
Beaten the Heroes and JokerEdit
- "Cut me down..."
- "Doctor Young. The "bruja." She drained the Venom from my blood. Must...stop...her..."
- "I will break you this time, Batman!"
- "I shall fold you like paper!"
- "I will crush you!"
- "You will not defeat me this time, old enemy!"
- "I will break you, Batman. Then the "bruja"!"
- "Surprised to see me, Batman?"
- "You knew it would not kill me."
- "Dr. Young's Titan Formula. The payaso managed to send some off of Arkham Island before you stopped him."
- "Too much. That is why I am here. I will not allow the basura of this city to abuse the Titan. Dr. Young used me to create it. It is my duty to destroy what remains."
- "Of course. Each container has a radio beacon built in. There were twelve containers left in this city. We take six each then we meet back here."
- "Titan must not leave Arkham City."
- "Shouldn't you be looking for the containers?" [to Batman]
- "What is it? Are you afraid you will fail?"
- "Where next?"
- "I must have it all."
- "Good, now we...
- "Help me Batman. We must not allow these puppets to the Titan."
- "That was meant for these fools."
- "Sorry, Batman."
- "I'll send you back to your master in pieces!"
- "You dare to enter my home!"
- "You cannot beat Bane!"
- "Stay out of my way, Batman!"
- "I will snap you fools in two!"
- "The Titan is mine!"
- "In a manner of speaking, yes."
- "Titan is too powerful to be used against me. I needed it all for myself. Now do me a favor and die!"
- "Let me out of here!"
- "Do not do this, Batman!"
- "Free me!"
- "You can't do this to me!"
- "I will kill you for that!"
- "Get me out of here!" [to Catwoman]
- "If you don't open this door, I'll kill you too!" [to Catwoman]
Game Over LinesEdit
- "I hoped for more of a fight."
- "That was......unsatisfying."
- "And I had such big plans for you...."
- "You've been...broken. (second boss only)"
- "I'm disappointed. I expected better from you." (second boss only)
- "So, this is how the bat finally falls...." (second boss only)
- "First I broke your spirit, now I break your back." (final boss only)
- "He is gone, Batman. Because of you." (final boss only)
- "After all these years claiming to be the best, you are beaten by my worst!" (to Deathstroke)
- "Defeated by my underlings *sighs*...not impressed." (to Deathstroke)
- "The bat is broken!" (breaks Batman's back)
- "Once again I have defeated you, Batman."
- He is one of the few villians who know Batman's identity in the Arkham Series, but, after the TN-1 overdose, he couldn't remember it. The others are Hugo Strange, Talia and possibly the Arkham Knight.
- Bane is a supporting antagonist in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, and the secondary antagonist in Batman: Arkham Origins.
- He has appeared in all four games along with Riddler and Harley Quinn.
- In Arkham Origins, Bane appears as he is in the comics, being strong yet highly intelligent, enough to figure out Batman's identity and to find his way into the Batcave. However, after injecting himself with TN-1, Bane turned into the form he appears in during Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. It also appears Bane needs to be fueled with Venom regularly or he will shrivel to a small stature as show in Arkham Origins Blackgate.
- If you get to close to Bane during the battle in Blackgate he can grab you in slow motion, and perform the backbreaker from Knightfall on you if you don't button mash hard enough. At one part in the fight, this happens again, although in this case, it is scripted and it advances the fight. However the Bat recovers after a few minutes during which all he does is punch Bane's leg a bit before using his gloves to shock Bane into getting off him and then immediately gets up.
Batman: Arkham OriginsEdit
Batman: Assault on ArkhamEdit
Batman: Arkham AsylumEdit
Batman: Arkham CityEdit